**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Team Tank is here to stay...

2 more lottery picks from being 7 years away :smokin

Last edited:
I refuse to believe the Suns close the season on a 16 game losing streak. They have to win at least one.

It's really not that bad.

If we get the 2017 pick, cool. We keep the 2019 first rounder + no more tank. it's time to start competing.

If we lose the 2017 pick, oh well. We suck/tank again in 2018 and draft a big to pair with Dlo/BI.

The 2019 pick is important, but if Dlo and the rest of the youth can improve (along with a key signing), I don't see how the 2019 pick is a top 10 pick. Probably middle teens if things go well.

If the Lakers are still trash in 2019, everybody getting fired.

Fear is the FO will jump the gun and trade pieces of the core to get a PG13 or Butler
IF we lose the pick

Deer gawd no , please

edited my post
d'lo my pg

Last edited:
What does PG or Butler with nothing around them and no upcoming picks do? Absolutely nothing. The fear is unfounded. Magic and the Lakers FO aren't stupid.

If they lose the pick this year, the 2016-2017 season is just gunna be a repeat of this season with a few more wins.

2018 draft class is lit anyway. Who cares. Whatever happens will happen. May 16th is only 6 weeks away. May 16th is my birthday. I'd love to celebrate with a top 3 pick but I'm not gunna be kicking & screaming if they lose it. Oh well.

Last edited:
The 2019 pick is an asset, it's needed. Not about just the pick, itself, it's the usage of it going forward.

If you are still paying for Dwight Howard in 2019, and haven't had him since 2013, that's bad. Really bad.

You want to build up the core as much as possible, then have Magic sell us as "ready" to do stuff to the Paul George's and what not. Having that asset to "sell" is better than, well, we have a pick in 2020 we can use, etc etc.

At some point we expect to have a strong roster again, and the picks will become currency to sell, much like they did for Pau. That was 3 draft picks + our first rounder that year + Gasol.

At some point, they're gonna wanna do that again.

2017 and 2019 are needed, then we have all our picks going forward and don't owe anymore. Sucks to lose 2018, but nothin we can do about that now. Keeping 2 >>>>>> Keeping 1.

It's really not that bad.

If we get the 2017 pick, cool. We keep the 2019 first rounder + no more tank. it's time to start competing.

If we lose the 2017 pick, oh well. We suck/tank again in 2018 and draft a big to pair with Dlo/BI.

The 2019 pick is important, but if Dlo and the rest of the youth can improve (along with a key signing), I don't see how the 2019 pick is a top 10 pick. Probably middle teens if things go well.

If the Lakers are still trash in 2019, everybody getting fired.

It's worse than bad. Think about it. If we lose this pick we're losing either a top prospect or a great piece that we could trade for a star. Without a star play or a new draft pick we trot out this same awful team again next season. Lets say we win 30 games next season and draft in the top 5-6 again. We'll get somebody whose OK but he'll probably be 19 so he won't make a big impact. Then in 2019 we give away our pick to Orlando. Unless one of our current players ends up being a star, we're not gonna sniff the playoffs anytime soon. Do any of these guys on the roster give you a star vibe?

C8w12a5UAAAUwws.jpg

Our biggest need isn't a PG. This isn't even about DLo, I am tired of discussing him.
This is more about our defensive liabilities. Our greatest needs are competent perimeter defensive stoppers and knockdown shooters.

And you automatically extend Randle because he is young and cost controlled. You can always trade him as an asset later down the line.
Everything else is correct I guess...

Last edited:
Mason and Ireland sounded like CP today...

Next years Cap Projected to be $101 Mil which is less than most anticipated.

How does this affect us?

Last edited:
Mason and Ireland sounded like CP today...

Next years Cap Projected to be $101 Mil which is less than most anticipated.

How does this affect us?

It makes us even dumber for signing Mozgov and Deng. Their contracts will probably stop us from signing a star playr to a besr max deal.

Our biggest need isn't a PG. This isn't even about DLo, I am tired of discussing him.
This is more about our defensive liabilities. Our greatest needs are competent perimeter defensive stoppers and knockdown shooters.

And you automatically extend Randle because he is young and cost controlled. You can always trade him as an asset later down the line.
Everything else is correct I guess...

:lol:

Hell no you don't extend him. You ride his rookie contract out and let him be a restricted free agent and then see if another team is dumb enough to offer him a max contract extension.

The older he gets and continues to be an inconsistent player just continues to bring his trade value down the longer he's in the league.

Best thing for the Lakers to do is trade him now while he still has some value and interest from other teams.

Last edited:
What are you expecting to get for him?

We do this nonsense all the time. And you gotta realize whatever you trade him for is a bad return.

Unless you're gutting most of the prospects.

Last edited:

We do this nonsense all the time. And you gotta realize whatever you trade him for is a bad return.

I expect a 3rd year player 2 of which is actual on court playing time to at least put up consistent numbers and show progress that he's close to being an allstar caliber player at this point in his career.Also show he's improved in parts of his game that were pointed out his weaknesses even going as far back when coming out of college.

He's done nothing to show he's worth anywhere near a max contract extension.

Last edited:
Or you look at his projections and see he's trending up so you extend him before his price goes up

You also didn't answer the question about what you expect to get back for such an inconsistent, no improvement whatsoever, non all star

Last edited:

I expect a 3rd year player 2 of which is actual on court playing time to at least put up consistent numbers and show progress that he's close to being an allstar caliber player at this point in his career.Also show he's improved in parts of his game that were pointed out his weaknesses even going as far back when coming out of college.

What do you expect to get for him in a trade ?

Eh, I'm not the biggest Randle fan and he still does dumb ****, but he showed enough to keep him around next year and likely beyond on an extension.

What do you expect to get for him in a trade ?

There's never an answer for these questions :lol:

Never fails.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom