**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Overall, why should I be concerned about DLo? Luke and Magic will guide him as he is currently our best guard on the team. It is what it is.

Don't let his career stats fool you. How quickly we forget how great a shooter DFish was later in his career. Not to mention his knack for making big plays at key moments, his steadiness, and his constant energy and effort. This is just one of many highlight reels in his storied career.

I watched Fisher too bro
He was a good role player
He made big shots for the Lakers especially that 0.4 shot.

But as a scorer and playmaker, Fisher isn't as good as DLo, as evidenced by his Jazz and Warriors days where he didn't play with Kobe.

Last edited:

I'd take Fisher over DLo any day of the week, on guts alone. I'm sure you would too. You might even take Sedale Threatt over DLo.
No I wouldn't. I would take Nick Van Exel over DLo though.
Sorry but I don't believe you bro.

Here's some film of an old D-Fish ballin up prime CP3 and taking it to the rack at will, something I don't ever see DLo doing even to an old CP3.

Let's not get carried away. Fisher making some open shots in the playoffs doesn't make him a better offensive player than Dlo. Fish was still in college at Dlo's current age.

Let's criticize him with valid points not that nonsense

I'd take Fisher over DLo any day of the week, on guts alone. I'm sure you would too. You might even take Sedale Threatt over DLo.

Here's some film of an old D-Fish ballin up prime CP3 and taking it to the rack at will, something I don't ever see DLo doing even to an old CP3.
Uh that compilation of that series only shows D Fish being mostly wide open shooting jumpers
You can thank Kobe for that :pimp:
Plus he only played ok that year

CP3 actually balled out that series, but our team depth was too good for him to overcome

Let's not get carried away. Fisher making some open shots in the playoffs doesn't make him a better offensive player than Dlo. Fish was still in college at Dlo's current age.

Fisher was an intelligent player on offense who knew how to pick his spots and make plays for others. And if you watched that video above, you'd see that Fisher took advantage of CP3's size by constantly taking it to the rim the entire series. The video even showed Fish making plays for Bynum inside lol.

To think that Fisher was nothing but a spot up shooter on offense is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited:

Another reason why Kobe is a damn legend, his teammates were always wide open :pimp:

Uh that compilation of that series only shows D Fish being mostly wide open shooting jumpers
You can thank Kobe for that
pimp.gif

CP3 actually balled out that series, but our team depth was too good for him to overcome
You didn't catch all the times Fish penetrated and scored in the lane?

I mean mentally you gotta carry yourself that way if you really wanna be somebody

Confidence and arrogance are too very different things. One propels you the other can hinder you if you let it consume you.

I agree having confidence in yourself is an important trait for an athlete but acting like you are accomplished is something different

Chris Paul hanging up 22 points a game that series on DFish is not getting exposed :lol:
You trying too hard fam

I don't need to even try. It's plain and obvious. Most Laker fans will tell you that they'd rather have Fisher than DLo.

You can thank Kobe for that :pimp:

You didn't catch all the times Fish penetrated and scored in the lane?
Oh wow he drove it in 6 times that series
What is that 12 points?
In 6 games?
That's just average.
I'm not even a DFish hater, but you are just using a very biased video that doesn't even show CP3 highlights that whole series. That ish would have been a 20 minute highlight fest.

What is that 12 points?

In 6 games?

That's just average.

I'm not even a DFish hater, but you are just using a very biased video that doesn't even show CP3 highlights that whole series. That ish would have been a 20 minute highlight fest.

You're not getting it. It's okay though. I don't blame you.
What don't I get? There's no proof that Fisher has or had more talent than DLo as a point guard on offense.
Give DLo a prime Kobe and he would EAT.

Come on G
Fish was like in his 13th season LOL (ton of experience)

That's not a fair comparison
Plus Fish was always SO BAD at finishing at the basket AND he was the consummate role player while Dlo 'pposed to be elite in a few years

Last edited:

What is that 12 points?

In 6 games?

That's just average.

You're not getting it. It's okay though. I don't blame you.
What don't I get? There's no proof that Fisher has or had more talent than DLo as a point guard on offense.
Give DLo a prime Kobe and he would EAT.
That's a big WHAT IF. Russell has every chance to eat NOW and can't even dominate as the number one option on his team. Russell didn't do much against McConnell and Jameer Nelson the last two games. Russell misses wide open shot after wide open shot.

In fact, I don't see Prime Kobe giving DLo the rock because of DLo's lack of effort and hustle. Prime Kobe would run him out of town in a heartbeat just like he did Howard.

Back
Top Bottom