**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Dlo had a different personality I don't think he would be criticized so badly. He already feels like a star with "ice in his veins." He is a legend in his own mind.

I mean mentally you gotta carry yourself that way if you really wanna be somebody

His dad seems to be an enabler of that attitude too

Never forget:

His pops at the end on that floor. I can only imagine Lonzo being here with his dad, but he seems pretty level headed.

Not gonna lie I DESPISE fans who want every star player to be like kawaii leonard and Tim Duncan :lol: **** grinds my gears

^ he will be

But that fact that someone hates his "cockiness" infers they rather him be an emotionless humble dude ala Kawhi, Tim.

You know what he meant :lol:

Last edited:
Move D'Lo to SG and call it a day already. Kid does not have what it takes to play PG in this league. I was excited when we drafted him and I'm still a fan, just not as our PG. It's not a skill issue, he's obviously got vision, awareness, and a shot that will get better with time but he lacks the speed, quickness, and explosiveness needed to play PG in this league. Some of us D'Lo supporters need to stop reading these PER 36 and AVGs at age so and so numbers and watch the tape.

He's 21 years old and I know he mentioned Manu as his favorite player growing up but damn, he looks like The corpse of Manu out there a lot of times. He doesn't have the foot speed to stay in front of the opposing PG or the explosiveness to close distance when trailing. All he has is his length which is negated by the fact that he got no hops and plays too upright.

I feel D'Lo will still grow and thrive on the Lakers, he's a plus offensive talent for sure with a lot of room to grow it's just the limits he has athletically will deter him from ever being the elite PG we were hoping for and there's nothing wrong with that. At the 2, he can play off the ball to get his shot, run the offense in a pinch, and as he gets stronger will be able to defend SGs.

All I'm saying is if we are gonna get on these players. Then we need to get on them all equally. Everyday it's just DLo and every other day it's Randle. It's disgusting, this is a team game. And unfortunately ain't no leaders stepped up yet. So they should all get it the same.

And everyone is too young to give up on them. But you can't deny that there's something there. There has been smoke. Not saying it's a huge fire. But there is something.
You can't just keep making excuses for certain players just to align an idea. Especially when the coach says it. I'm believing the coach and the staff that are with them everyday.

I would never ever believe a word Byron says. But when Walton's words echoes Byron. An eyebrow raises. That is all.

Laker fans are extremely hard on Russell. I get it though, it's tough not to be critical of him when he acts like he's entitled to be the starter 24-7-365. When he was interviewed after the game last night, you could see he didn't take the benching too well.

You think he'd be playing with a chip on his shoulder and come out firing on all cylinders but unfortunately he ended up only getting 10 points and lacking any sort of passion. Not good, not good at all.

It's fine to have criticism of DLo

Just to be like "he's trash" and "he's gonna get traded for Carmelo" is just ridiculous given his lack of experience and potential

Here's the thing though, his potential isn't really that great. He's not dynamic enough and he surely isn't ever going to be known as a high-end defensive player.

Another day, more shade thrown at the best player on our team
laugh.gif

Can't wait til we trade this bum for Kawhi or Giannis
best player? a who dis?

Here's the thing though, his potential isn't really that great. He's not dynamic enough and he surely isn't ever going to be known as a high-end defensive player.
That doesn't mean he's trash though. He's going to turn out to be a very good offensive combo guard. His defense will probably stay average. He will be our no.2 or 3 guy in the future unless he suffers a bad injury after another.
We gonna be alright, just have to keep building our team with assets ala Celtics style

That doesn't mean he's trash though. He's going to turn out to be a very good offensive combo guard. His defense will probably stay average. He will be our no.2 or 3 guy in the future unless he suffers a bad injury after another.
We gonna be alright, just have to keep building our team with assets ala Celtics style
tell me, you watch his game right....what does he do that you like.  he passes? does he make plays? he supposed to be a great shooter right? how come he can't shoot?  when he misses, its all over the place....i watch every game and go check out all his misses.  there is no consistency.  sure he'll score 20+ in a game...but who doesn't want to pad their stats in the 4th when the game is meaningless.  

This will be his 2nd full season in the league.....how long we waitin boss?  doesn't the following concern you with D'lo:

- slowness

- can't finish (worst than dfisher)

- can't shoot

- no explosiveness

- no motor/heart

- entitled

- can't create his own shot

- SLOW AF!

Last edited:

tell me, you watch his game right....what does he do that you like.  he passes? does he make plays? he supposed to be a great shooter right? how come he can't shoot?  when he misses, its all over the place....i watch every game and go check out all his misses.  there is no consistency.  sure he'll score 20+ in a game...but who doesn't want to pad their stats in the 4th when the game is meaningless.  

This will be his 2nd full season in the league.....how long we waitin boss?  doesn't the following concern you with D'lo:

- slowness
- can't shoot
- no explosiveness
- no motor/heart
- entitled

All that and he's still currently the best player on this team :lol:

You midas well go root for the nuggets whip

also, lets not forget he got benched by 2 different coaches.  does that not tell you something?  **go ahead, google some allstar point guard that was benched during their first 2 years**  you guys always have somekind of excuse its crazy.  

All that and he's still currently the best player on this team
laugh.gif

You midas well go root for the nuggets whip
now I know you're a certified dslow stan if you really think that.  thank god you're not a GM.  facts not feelings bro....sorry u have a dslow jersey and it'll be at Ross this summer.

- slowness
- can't shoot
- no explosiveness
- no motor/heart
- entitled
- SLOW AF!
He's a better scorer and playmaker than Fisher :rofl:
Cmon bro
You can argue that Fisher was better on defense and had a bulldog intensity, but DLo is better on offense than Fisher ever was

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom