**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I feel like our standards of playing well are all too different.
Some per 36 stats that are used for a player who gets a green light to shoot and do as he pleases offensively but gives no damn on the defensive end and gives up twice the amount of points he actually provides, is not 'playing well' to me.

But so be it. *shrug*

I feel like our standards of playing well are all too different.
Some per 36 stats that are used for a player who gets a green light to shoot and do as he pleases offensively but gives no damn on the defensive end and gives up twice the amount of points he actually provides, is not 'playing well' to me.

But so be it. *shrug*

Clarkson?

My dude got TOASTED last night. :lol:

It will take a bit for all the kids to grasp and truly understand the total package of one on one defense, help defense, anticipating defense (DLo is smart in that regard, but gambles and costs himself sometimes with it)

Clarkson tries, he just ain't good at it, yet. Hopefully he works on it and improves.

Let's just wait, that weaksauce layup that got rejected last night and his slow mo jogging and soft off ball cuts were because he's tired and needs development.

He scored 20 points for a few games guys. He will be great

Watch that 4th quarter and how he played half speed. Thats greatness

Last edited:
Mudiay went out with back spasm and the roster shake up created floor spacing for Nikola. The nuggets also made some trades during that time to fill the roster out better around Nikola and they've been pushing for the playoffs since. Still a young team, but yea....

Mudiay' s game doesn't fit b/c he can't knock down them buckets like Murray, Danilo, and Will... Faried may be on the outside looking in too

I just hope we can find a rotation that ma consistent down the stretch to close the season out and be confident enough in our coaching staff to part ways with the pieces that don't fit

Mudiay went out with back spasm and the roster shake up created floor spacing for Nikola. The nuggets also made some trades during that time to fill the roster out better around Nikola and they've been pushing for the playoffs since. Still a young team, but yea....

Mudiay' s game doesn't fit b/c he can't knock down them buckets like Murray, Danilo, and Will... Faried may be on the outside looking in too

I just hope we can find a rotation that ma consistent down the stretch to close the season out and be confident enough in our coaching staff to part ways with the pieces that don't fit

Do we have any floor spacing to help our young players? :nerd:

Doesn't matter who it is, Fultz, Ball, Jackson, whoever the Top 3 pick is, Laker fans will cheer, jump for joy, then ***** non stop at him not dominating the league as a rookie.

Then it will be the next kid, and the next, and so on.

Well Worthy said
Well Fisher said
Well Byron said
Well Shaq said

I be wanting to ask "So who do ya'll want to tank next year" :lol:

Luke: "Young guys aren't supposed to get tired, they're supposed to be thrilled to be out there, that's the disheartening part."

Mmmmmm that should burn the soul right there. If you have ever played a competitive sport at any upper level you should never wanna hear that smh
Hmmmm...somebody said these guys always played hard and gave effort though. Interesting. 

They do.

Getting beat by better teams don't mean they quit.

They came out in Q3 and balled after getting drilled in the first half. That ain't quitting.

They fight 95% of the games and have the occasional 3rd game in 4 nights on the road blown out before tip off type game.

Not like anyone gonna actually give them credit tho, you guys made up your minds on these guys in summer league.

"This Top 3 pick will have the highest ceiling of any of the young core"

Same thing said about Ingram last year, and DLo the year before, etc etc.

It's ok tho. I know how y'all do.

And Luke complaining about effort and losing, but got his vets safely stashed. :lol: :rofl:
Mind control over you dudes. Luke don't give a **** about winning these games, he's scouting the kids, period. He's taking a college team on the court vs NBA teams every night and acting shocked they get beat. Y'all fall for it quote after quote. :lol:

I disagree with that 95% though. :lol:

Luke should be complaining about the effort cuz it's lacking. Part of it is youth the other is they just check out a lot of times. Luke is scouting them but he's tired of being embarrassed. And I like it. I'm glad he's not accepting getting your *** beat every night.

If there's any reason to deal Randle, it's this.

But I would still hold onto him.

Doesn't matter who it is, Fultz, Ball, Jackson, whoever the Top 3 pick is, Laker fans will cheer, jump for joy, then ***** non stop at him not dominating the league as a rookie.

Well Worthy said
Well Fisher said
Well Byron said
Well Shaq said

Luke: "Young guys aren't supposed to get tired, they're supposed to be thrilled to be out there, that's the disheartening part."

Mmmmmm that should burn the soul right there. If you have ever played a competitive sport at any upper level you should never wanna hear that smh
Hmmmm...somebody said these guys always played hard and gave effort though. Interesting. 

They do.

They came out in Q3 and balled after getting drilled in the first half. That ain't quitting.

They fight 95% of the games and have the occasional 3rd game in 4 nights on the road blown out before tip off type game.

Not like anyone gonna actually give them credit tho, you guys made up your minds on these guys in summer league.

And Luke complaining about effort and losing, but got his vets safely stashed. :lol: :rofl:
Mind control over you dudes. Luke don't give a **** about winning these games, he's scouting the kids, period. He's taking a college team on the court vs NBA teams every night and acting shocked they get beat. Y'all fall for it quote after quote. :lol:

Luke should be complaining about the effort cuz it's lacking. Part of it is youth the other is they just check out a lot of times. Luke is scouting them but he's tired of being embarrassed. And I like it. I'm glad he's not accepting getting your *** beat every night.

Perfectly fine to disagree with that, it's my opinion. But I'm pretty damn sure a lot of people mistake getting drilled for lack of effort.

There's plays in every game where the play goes the right way, and it's interpreted how the person wants.

Last night DLo probed, probed, probed, on the pick and roll, got Black right to the basket, dropped it off, and Black lost it. Would have been a bunny. Shaq called it, overdribbling. :lol:

Clarkson dives to the hoop, throws up a wild prayer that misses, Nance skies in and dunks the rebound. Shaq calls that a good play by Clarkson getting it to the glass. :lol: :rofl:

I mean.....

What some may claim to be effort, could also be not in the right place, or making the wrong read, or all kinds of other mistakes that get made, by young players. And people just claim it all to be effort because they don't know any better.

Luke can complain about effort and hustle and what not, and hates losing, while he rests his healthy vets, I guess no one sees an issue there. :lol:

If there's any reason to deal Randle, it's this.

But I would still hold onto him.

Just gotta hope that DLo, Clarkson, and Ingram start to really knock them down, and in time, Nance and/Or Randle can at least be decent from 18 feet out, along with some of the Zu mid range.

And whoever the 2 picks turn out to be this year, hopefully they add a little.

Another day, more shade thrown at the best player on our team :lol:

Can't wait til we trade this bum for Kawhi or Giannis

Well Worthy said
Well Fisher said
Well Byron said
Well Shaq said

They do.

Perfectly fine to disagree with that, it's my opinion. But I'm pretty damn sure a lot of people mistake getting drilled for lack of effort.

There's plays in every game where the play goes the right way, and it's interpreted how the person wants.

Last night DLo probed, probed, probed, on the pick and roll, got Black right to the basket, dropped it off, and Black lost it. Would have been a bunny. Shaq called it, overdribbling. :lol:

Clarkson dives to the hoop, throws up a wild prayer that misses, Nance skies in and dunks the rebound. Shaq calls that a good play by Clarkson getting it to the glass. :lol: :rofl:

I mean.....

What some may claim to be effort, could also be not in the right place, or making the wrong read, or all kinds of other mistakes that get made, by young players. And people just claim it all to be effort because they don't know any better.

Luke can complain about effort and hustle and what not, and hates losing, while he rests his healthy vets, I guess no one sees an issue there. :lol:

Nah cuz the vets are trash. :lol:

Might as well play the boys and doing that you want them to not check outta games.

I mean.....

What does resting his healthy vets gotta do with him complaining about effort and hustle??? I mean CP I normally agree with most you say. But at some point you can't just keep blowing over what these coaches are saying. They are in the trenches everyday. It's not just black and white every game

I mean.....

What does resting his healthy vets gotta do with him complaining about effort and hustle??? I mean CP I normally agree with most you say. But at some point you can't just keep blowing over what these coaches are saying. They are in the trenches everyday. It's not just black and white every game

Notice the spacing issues we have on O? Think Nick bein out hurts that? (and of course us trading Lou, but we did that for a purpose of course)

We're stacking the deck, against these kids, then demanding they overcome them, in a game we aren't suited for yet. Then complain about it?

You ever seen a young team, I mean YOUNG team, play solid team defense with first and second year players at 4-5 spots?

You have kids, learning, that you just want them to run around fast in circles and have "effort" but that's not exactly how you play basketball. You also have to do your job. Your assignment. Be in the right spot, make the right read. If Clarkson is ISO'ing, and he calls for a screener, what the **** do you want the other 3 guys to do, cause traffic or run around in circles? :lol: They become stationary objects.

You learn when to move, when not to move, etc, thru experience. Get that, they'll start bein in the right spots at the right time. Clarkson runs around, plays "hard" and he's burned over and over and over again. DLo plays "slow" and doesn't speed around the floor, and he's usually where he needs to be on defense, doin his job. He gets himself hurt when he guesses wrong and tries to help early or overplay an angle, etc.

Nobody just goes out there and hustles and efforts their way thru the NBA. So people chanting for it really doesn't do much good. You guys act like they just go out there and lay on the wood for 3 hours every night. :lol:

Steph isn't great cuz he hustles. :lol: KAT isn't ridiculous cuz he hustles.

People just floating around looking for stuff to complain about. Eyebrows, he's slow, he doesn't hustle, he doesn't care enough, he said this or that, I mean, God damn.

I'm getting to the point I want them all traded so you guys can bring in Jimmy Butler, Paul George, 10 stiffs, and they can hustle their ***** off for you, and be swept out of the first round every year. Then the kids can play in cities that will welcome them and let them learn the game and start to apply their skills and succeed without all this bull ****.

Fanbase that openly wanted tanking, so they could destroy every lottery pick they get. ******** stupid. :smh:

I'm a dlo supporter but there's definitely SOMETHING there behind the scenes. I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with him getting benched but his maturity was supposed to be a strength coming out and that was clearly blown up by his agent with the boarding school talk and everything. That said he's what, 21? I wouldn't even think about giving up on him yet

From everything I have read, D'Lo is a cocky kid and that rubs people the wrong way (ironic considering a considerable portion of the people that don't like him are Kobe fans). And he's also a prankster.

most professional athletes are cocky and have ego. I mean, they're the best in the world at what they do, so I expect it.

I don't knock Dlo for that. Never have. He's talked a lot before he's accomplished anything, most of it is just him being a brash young kid, I don't really care.

If Dlo had a different personality I don't think he would be criticized so badly. He already feels like a star with "ice in his veins." He is a legend in his own mind.

From everything I have read, D'Lo is a cocky kid and that rubs people the wrong way (ironic considering a considerable portion of the people that don't like him are Kobe fans). And he's also a prankster.

We all know what happened last year...

It's weird cuz Swaggy thinks he's a legend and hasn't done **** and people adore that dude. :lol:

Some guys just rub folks wrong I guess, and the cell phone bit never helped him.

Back
Top Bottom