**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

AridInsidiousGalapagossealion.gif

o_Gwrn_Rt.jpg

I can't speak for anyone else but I personally don't just label players "bust" or jump to those extremes quickly.

I understand development and growth, these are kids.
I understand it takes time and work. I do have faith in them if they can get their minds right.

The concern isn't their skill or their defense or their play making (which I assure you are alarming at times but nonetheless). Those things will hopefully improve on the court.

The concern is their effort, their heart, their desire to compete and win. They should have More of that no matter if they're 55 years old or 19. They should want to be the best, they should want to succeed. They should be giving it their all out there the same way a 50 year old MWP does.

Those are not things you depend on a coach for. The coach will help fix the basketball issues and improve their game. But it's not the coaches job to make them WANT IT. That's on them. So yes, when they show so consistently that they don't really WANT IT, and disengage like they do, it is a valid concern for some of us to have especially when it's been questioned by two totally different coaching staffs.

They could improve their games all they want, but if they don't engage on both ends of the floor and give it their all they won't be **** no matter who is the coach or GM.

That kobe-iverson video....

I don't get it, how was kobe so competitive before he was 25? He wasn't fully developed yet

And my goodness how does any team win a back to back game in Denver? It must be impossible. Matter fact, how does any team win a back to back game, period? Or a game after the all star break? Or a game after their 5th season. Surely, everyone must be too tired to compete.

Last edited:
I can't speak for anyone else but I personally don't just label players "bust" or jump to those extremes quickly.

I understand development and growth, these are kids.
I understand it takes time and work. I do have faith in them if they can get their minds right.

The concern isn't their skill or their defense or their play making (which I assure you are alarming at times but nonetheless). Those things will hopefully improve on the court.

The concern is their effort, their heart, their desire to compete and win. They should have More of that no matter if they're 55 years old or 19. They should want to be the best, they should want to succeed. They should be giving it their all out there the same way a 50 year old MWP does.

Those are not things you depend on a coach for. The coach will help fix the basketball issues and improve their game. But it's not the coaches job to make them WANT IT. That's on them. So yes, when they show so consistently that they don't really WANT IT, and disengage like they do, it is a valid concern for some of us to have especially when it's been questioned by two totally different coaching staffs.

They could improve their games all they want, but if they don't engage on both ends of the floor and give it their all they won't be **** no matter who is the coach or GM.

Well said bro. It's a privilege to wear that uniform. Too many greats have worn it for them to be acting entitled. And it's really only 2 guys out of the plethora of young dudes we have. The same 2 guys that were questioned and benched at various points last season, those are the same ones that have been receiving the same treatment at points this season under a new coach. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who I'm talking about.

Well said bro. It's a privilege to wear that uniform. Too many greats have worn it for them to be acting entitled. And it's really only 2 guys out of the plethora of young dudes we have. The same 2 guys that were questioned and benched at various points last season, those are the same ones that have been receiving the same treatment at points this season under a new coach. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who I'm talking about.
Only 2?! Bro if you dont cut that out.

You the new Whip my g. Straight up. We get it. You want DLo & Randle gone :lol:
But to say only 2 hahaha. Man at some points this entire season everyone has been weeks and weeks of trash & inconsistency.

DLo, Randle, Clarkson (playing too fast and not being able to make a 3 to save his life), BI (Having one of the worst rookie seasons in history), Nance (no confidence in his jumper & always being hurt),

And they ALL are defensive liabilities, some just less of a liability than others. And they all at some point of this season have lacked heart and mental fortitude.
Honestly I have never seen anyone get the pass that Ingram has gotten this season and he has been putrid most of the season. And I love the kid. He is the true future.
But to keep singling out the same 2 people like the TEAM aint getting blown out by 20 is silly. Especially when nobody else carries the same amount of pressure and responsibility.

And no I am far from a DLo or Randle fan nor stan. Zu is my guy. It is just interesting game after game its the same thing like its not a team losing effort. Most of y'all waited until these last 2 games since the allstar break and brought the pitchforks out. Ok then bring the pitchforks out for the whole team.

Only 2?! Bro if you dont cut that out.

You the new Whip my g. Straight up. We get it. You want DLo & Randle gone :lol:
But to say only 2 hahaha. Man at some points this entire season everyone has been weeks and weeks of trash & inconsistency.

DLo, Randle, Clarkson (playing too fast and not being able to make a 3 to save his life), BI (Having one of the worst rookie seasons in history), Nance (no confidence in his jumper & always being hurt),

And they ALL are defensive liabilities, some just less of a liability than others. And they all at some point of this season have lacked heart and mental fortitude.
Honestly I have never seen anyone get the pass that Ingram has gotten this season and he has been putrid most of the season. And I love the kid. He is the true future.
But to keep singling out the same 2 people like the TEAM aint getting blown out by 20 is silly. Especially when nobody else carries the same amount of pressure and responsibility.

And no I am far from a DLo or Randle fan nor stan. Zu is my guy. It is just interesting game after game its the same thing like its not a team losing effort. Most of y'all waited until these last 2 games since the allstar break and brought the pitchforks out. Ok then bring the pitchforks out for the whole team.

Again nobody is talking about their skills or games. It's their effort or lack thereof. Which those two guys are seemingly the target's of ire of now 2 different coaching staffs. As well as it being seen by numerous outside observers. I don't know why that's so hard to see.

In other news,
Lakers recently shut down healthy center Timofay Mozgov to take a stronger look at their younger guys the rest of the season, a source said.

12:01am

just look who the common denominator is ....bscott said dlo sucks, now luke says it...when will everyone here on NT realize dlo sucks?  Cleaning house this summer. Keep zuboc and ingram, they are the only ones that show heart.  

The two guys fighting for their NBA lives even played like trash (nwaba Ennis). But let's single out the guys who've been killing since the break

Again nobody is talking about their skills or games. It's their effort or lack thereof. Which those two guys are seemingly the target's of ire of now 2 different coaching staffs. As well as it being seen by numerous outside observers. I don't know why that's so hard to see.

In other news,
Lakers recently shut down healthy center Timofay Mozgov to take a stronger look at their younger guys the rest of the season, a source said.

12:01am

The same reason that its hard to see that those 2 players arent the only ones being singled out. Maybe by people in here but these "outside observers" is a joke. That Walton quote was about the TEAM not just the "same 2 guys"
But yes moving on...

just look who the common denominator is ....bscott said dlo sucks, now luke says it...when will everyone here on NT realize dlo sucks?  Cleaning house this summer. Keep zuboc and ingram, they are the only ones that show heart.  

When exactly did Luke said DLo sucks?! lol

The same reason that its hard to see that those 2 players arent the only ones being singled out. Maybe by people in here but these "outside observers" is a joke. That Walton quote was about the TEAM not just the "same 2 guys"
But yes moving on...

But this isn't the first time Luke has said this or had to say I don't know what was up with D'Lo or Randle tonight. And it's not like they've been haven't been benched for long before in this season in lieu of players who are less talented. As you said Ingram statistically is having one of the worst rookie seasons ever yet is leading the team in minutes. He and Zu weren't even here last season yet the same things were said.

When exactly did Luke said DLo sucks?! lol
Yeah I never heard Luke say that :lol:
Luke is chastising the team as a whole

But this isn't the first time Luke has said this or had to say I don't know what was up with D'Lo or Randle tonight. And it's not like they've been haven't been benched for long before in this season in lieu of players who are less talented. As you said Ingram statistically is having one of the worst rookie seasons ever yet is leading the team in minutes. He and Zu weren't even here last season yet the same things were said.
Yeah I never heard Luke say that
laugh.gif

Luke is chastising the team as a whole
Believe what you want to believe...but if this isn't straight up saying he's lazy then i don't know what else to tell you:

“One of the most important qualities is to be a workhorse; that’s what players follow,” Walton said. “Guys that know you’re putting in the time and putting in late hours, athletes respect that. It’s good to see him spending some more time with the gym.”

Do you guys not get that from that quote? He's the coach bros, you know he can't straight up call him lazy.  We trying to get value as well 

Telling a player to improve his work ethic doesn't mean he sucks :lol:
Kobe ragged on Shaq all the time for being lazy
Does it mean he sucks? :lol:

Geez guys, you all just don't get past it....Bscott and Luke both questioned his work ethic and attitude but you let it slide.  OK fine, how about a well respected coach like Popavich then?  **Can't wait til your replies after......

http://spurs.247sports.com/Bolt/ESP...h-ripped-DAngelo-Russell-at-USA-camp-47858511

“I heard that D’Angelo Russell had to get lit into by Popovich because in running a drill again and again Popovich would tell him and correct him and players generally will listen to that and will listen to the correction and D’Angelo Russell just kept doing the same thing over and over again as if he wasn’t told anything.”

Telling a player to improve his work ethic doesn't mean he sucks
laugh.gif

Kobe ragged on Shaq all the time for being lazy
Does it mean he sucks?
laugh.gif
umm....another player telling another player they suck is normal.  A COACH telling a player.....smh. do you not get it? god man

Popovich also said Russell has excelled taking direction in training camp, even praising him for his communication over the past few days.

“He’s done a great job, he’s taken direction, communicated really well with everyone else on the team, he’s done well,” Popovich said of Russell.

And, as far as Russell’s skill-set, the USA Select Team head coach complimented that as well.

“He (Russell) is a much more clever player,” Popovich said. “He’s very skilled, but he’s smart on the court. He knows what the situation is and knows how to take advantage of certain match-ups that are on the court.”

Back
Top Bottom