**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

eyes.gif

Go troll on the Lakers subreddit
oooooooooh. burn. 

The select team practiced in June & July.... That Ethan Strauss from a source came out in September.... There was no damage control to be made..
pop is great at projecting players right? crazy how he saw it months before it came into fruition. props to pop...a truly great coach. his words should hold some weight no?

We have no idea what happens off the court, but all I know is D'Lo played well for two weeks, had one bad game then got benched. Turrible standards.

But this isn't the first time Luke has said this or had to say I don't know what was up with D'Lo or Randle tonight. And it's not like they've been haven't been benched for long before in this season in lieu of players who are less talented. As you said Ingram statistically is having one of the worst rookie seasons ever yet is leading the team in minutes. He and Zu weren't even here last season yet the same things were said.
Trust me I get what you are saying. I am not absolving those 2 of anything. I actually hold DLo to a higher standard because of his draft position and the position he is playing. But I just hate how it just seems in this thread that they're only 2 people playing on this team. EVERYONE this whole season has been inconsistent and has shown a lack of something. Thats the only point I try to get across in here.

We have no idea what happens off the court, but all I know is D'Lo played well for two weeks, had one bad game then got benched. Turrible standards.
He still played 27 minutes yesterday anyway, it's not like he was put in the doghouse

pop is great at projecting players right? crazy how he saw it months before it came into fruition. props to pop...a truly great coach. his words should hold some weight no?

Soooo if Pop is great at projecting players.... Russell is a clever basketball player with a good skill set, and knows the situations.

Thank you for that.

But honestly have you ever sat in a practice of any sport.... Do you know how many times in a given season at all levels of sports guys get yelled at? Hell I've had similar situations within the past couple of weeks where you tell a kid how to do something 5 or 6 times, and he just isn't doing it. And you say again, and again, and again. It's not that he's not doing it because he doesn't want to, but because he just can't figure out exactly what you're telling him. And some coaches after 3 or 4 times get annoyed and start yelling. SO WHAT

Also here's a point made by the LakerFilmRoom guy, just because Brandon is a yes sir or no sir kind of player, and is quiet and polite, that means absolutely nothing.. Nor does that make him more virtuous in any sense of the matter. But who the hell is saying Russell isn't working on his game. We get oh Brandon Ingram is working on his game, but if he's really working on his game, why is he a 52% FT shooter over the last 2+ months, 48% over the last month +. Just because you work out all damn day doesn't mean anything. Russell has improved year 1 to year 2 immeasurably, and there's been plenty to say he puts in the work. Just as Ingram does. Also plenty that shows this young team is drastically better when Russell is playing versus when he is not

Last edited:
We know or most of us know that inconsistency in their actual play in games is going to happen just because of their youth. And I for one don't fault them for that, that's to be expected. BI, JC, Nance, etc. all have been in that boat.

But those 2 in particular have far too often this early in their careers have been the subject of effort questions, and that's alarming. And somehow it's been those two really exclusively that have had overt corrective action taken at points by two entirely different staffs now.

Last edited:
He still played 27 minutes yesterday anyway, it's not like he was put in the doghouse

True. But those demotions do bother most people.

He was killing it for a month. Had a bad game, and then all of a sudden gets moved to the bench for David Nwaba? In no way does that make any sense.

If you wanted Jordan Clarkson to really handle the ball, and see what he could do as a primary ball handler against starters, which I'm all for seeing if he can recreate his 30 games as a rookie, wouldn't you just scheme the game differently and ask Russell to play off ball for stretches as opposed to benching him from the starting lineup nonsensically.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Russell & Clarkson together considering they are a lottery ball jackpot ticket chance more likely to be here 6 years from now than David Nwaba is?

It'd be the same idiotic idea if we benched Ingram every time he had a bad game. To see how Anthony Brown does against starters

It's not only a stupid way to create team cohesion, it's an incredibly stupid way to manage young players

Last edited:

True. But those demotions do bother most people.

He was killing it for a month. Had a bad game, and then all of a sudden gets moved to the bench for David Nwaba? In no way does that make any sense.

If you wanted Jordan Clarkson to really handle the ball, and see what he could do as a primary ball handler against starters, which I'm all for seeing if he can recreate his 30 games as a rookie, wouldn't you just scheme the game differently and ask Russell to play off ball for stretches as opposed to benching him from the starting lineup nonsensically.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Russell & Clarkson together considering they are a lottery ball jackpot ticket chance more likely to be here 6 months from now than David Nwaba is?

It'd be the same idiotic idea if we benched Ingram every time he had a bad game.

It's not only a stupid way to create team cohesion, it's an incredibly stupid way to manage young players
To be a devils advocate, having DLo and JC together on the court would be a defensive nightmare to have as a head coach

Other than that, idk, Luke said he wants to try some new stuff. Obviously last night didn't work out for him.

To be a devils advocate, having DLo and JC together on the court would be a defensive nightmare to have as a head coach

Other than that, idk, Luke said he wants to try some new stuff. Obviously last night didn't work out for him.

Results prove otherwise for Russell.... JC on the other hand yes....

New stuff should not keep guys in limbo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom