**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Man...ESPN 710 was talking about us trading up to get Ball.

If we stay at 3 and Boston doesn't trade that pick (which would be so stupid if they don't) I do wonder how we would trade up.

I think if Lakers get a top three pick and they indicate to Ball and father that they want him.  He will get to 3.  He can just go tank his other two work outs - problem solved.

Los Angeles Lakers (26-56)

No. 1 pick odds: 19.9 percent
Top-3 pick odds: 49.6 percent
Most likely spot: No. 2

Key trade: L.A. will send its first-round pick to Philly if it falls outside the top three (50.4 percent chance of keeping pick).

Whom L.A. should draft with the ...

No. 1 pick: Lonzo Ball
No. 2 pick: Markelle Fultz
No. 3 pick: Josh Jackson

Most likely pick: Lonzo Ball | PG | Fr. | UCLA

The Lakers will be sweating it on lottery night again this year. Fall outside the top three and they'll lose their pick to the Sixers. Land in the top three and they'll have the potential to add the best young player on the roster.

Ball's father, Lavar, has publicly stated his desire for his son to stay home and play for the Lakers. Given their current personnel, Ball seems like a great fit. D'Angelo Russell can move to the 2, and the Lakers can have their best floor general since Magic Johnson wore purple and gold.

Alternative pick: Josh Jackson | G/F | Fr. | Kansas
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/18800857/nba-draft-2017-lottery-guide-chad-ford

Reading up on Lonzo it just seems like i'm reading the same thing i read about D-lo two years ago. Average athlete, Excellent playmaking ability, Good shooter on the college level. I like D-Lo's game but we don't need the same player twice.

Reading up on Lonzo it just seems like i'm reading the same thing i read about D-lo two years ago. Average athlete, Excellent playmaking ability, Good shooter on the college level. I like D-Lo's game but we don't need the same player twice.

If we keep the pick, we might trade it or Dlo, who knows

No tanking tonight. **** the Celtics.

Need 35 minutes from Dlo. Need JR to play harder than he did against Charlotte.

Lonzo is a way better athlete than D Lo will ever be..they have similarities in size , passing and they can both hit the 3 but the athleticism/quickness gap is the big difference between the 2..no reason on the offensive end that Russell cant slide ova to the 2 while Ball runs the team

Who's going to make the playoffs? How will the battle for No. 1 in each conference shake out? And how will the draft lottery races finish?

Trades and injuries have changed the landscape of the NBA in a way that's challenging for traditional statistical projections to capture. To try to measure the current talent of all 30 teams, I put together projections using the multiyear, predictive version of ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM) and my best estimate at what rotations will look like going forward.

Then I used those projections to simulate the final six weeks of the regular season 1,000 times. Let's check out the results, starting in the East, ranked by predicted final win total.
14. Phoenix Suns: 28-54

The best of the worst teams, the Suns have a better March-April projection the rest of the way than four teams with better records than them, including the Lakers in the West.
15. Los Angeles Lakers: 26-56

Because their projection is tied with the Nets' for the worst in the NBA over the remainder of the season, the Lakers enter the lottery in the second spot in better than 60 percent of simulations, improving their chances of keeping a pick that is protected for the top three.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...d-records-win-totals-standings-every-nba-team

:D

Back
Top Bottom