**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Whip really did vanish after the trade deadline
laugh.gif
You're welcome

Hotline Russ.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I knew what time it was after Luke decided not to call a timeout following the Kemba three-pointer.

136 mil, DNP-CD. 
mean.gif
So ******* dumb. Thank goddess Luke isn't letting contracts determine playing time. I do wonder, however, just how much of their playing time was a result of Luke following orders from Jim and Mitch.
Not blaming Luke and Co. but a big reason they went after Mozgov was because of Luke and Shaw. Luke said in July he personally wanted Moz. Shaw loved Moz in Denver. 

Never minded getting the two or even the money. It was just the length of the contracts. Even then I got that the Lakers weren't a good team so they had to overspend to get people, but still....

At least a guy a lot of people wanted in Biyombo is sucking too and getting paid more 
laugh.gif

Deng absolutely fell off. He was great last year in Miami especially when Bosh went down. 

Last edited:
Believe Deng can still be serviceable at the 4 but there aren't any minutes available for him there. His contract won't be that hard to get off imo. Especially cuz Thibs might want him.

Only way to get rid of Moz is thru the stretch provision. Gunna have to wait until the end of next season to do that.

And yup I remember reading the coaching staff wanted Moz too. The lakers aren't good so they had to overpay, we all know that. Add that to the fact that everybody was getting paid this summer and it didn't add up well. There will prolly be a lot of ridiculous contracts this offseason too, at least we don't really have the room to hand any more bad deals out :lol: . Plus the cap is always rising so hopefully the deals aren't as bad going forward. The goal should've been 3 years but you wonder if that would've been enough to entice them.

Look at the bright side. At least we didn't sign Evan Turner. Or Ezili. Or Biyombo. Or Mihimi.

Missed the game. Sounds like Dlo played agressive, maybe having Lou gone and Magic's words of encouragement are helping

Glad to hear coaching say they're "nitpicking" his game, kinda like how I do here :lol:

Hoping he balls out these last 20 or so games

Missed the game. Sounds like Dlo played agressive, maybe having Lou gone and Magic's words of encouragement are helping

Glad to hear coaching say they're "nitpicking" his game, kinda like how I do here :lol:

Hoping he balls out these last 20 or so games

No, they nitpick his GAME, actual game, like going under screens (or not), or reading the floor wrong, or swinging the ball to the right instead of the left or not boxing out, or help defense, or not taking a shot, or taking a shot he shouldn't have......

You nitpick the way he talks, or smiles, or looks walking the ball up the court. You aren't criticizing his game, at all.

Russell has played 18 games over 30 minutes this year.... 19.4/5.0/6.1 on .418/.357/.746 His True Shooting %, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, Usage, +/- are all better than the 21 games at 20-29.

(Last year he was 17.2/3.9/3.9 in 30 games over 30 mpg..... Which to me based on moderate improvements from last year, it is likely that had he been averaging 30mpg in the other 21 games at 20-29, 19/5/5 could have held all season)

19/5/5 has only been done by 10 players in history in their 2nd season
-Bob Cousy
-Jerry West
-Oscar Robertson
-Sidney Wicks
-Magic Johnson
-Larry Bird
-Grant Hill
-Steve Francis
-Dwyane Wade
-LeBron James

(The median number of minutes for those 10 is 40, nobody under 37.1... Russell's 30minute game average is 32.2)

*Again, by listing those players, does not mean, he will be a Hall of Famer... But it is stating that he is doing well

Last edited:
Randle coundve had a triple double but d'lo started dropping dimes. Those back to back plays where boom boom and BI had dunks had staples rocking

Why d'lo gotta stat pad in garbage time ?
[emoji]128064[/emoji]

The team played well enough to win
That block by Batum on Jc though...that sealed it

And to touch base on the deng/Moz deals
Moz is the easier to trade, but playoff teams and/or tank teams will bite on him in 3rd/4th year (just like we have with Hibbert, Lin, Calderon and now Corey brewer)

nOw deng ....do it Thibbs

Last edited:
No, they nitpick his GAME, actual game, like going under screens (or not), or reading the floor wrong, or swinging the ball to the right instead of the left or not boxing out, or help defense, or not taking a shot, or taking a shot he shouldn't have......

You nitpick the way he talks, or smiles, or looks walking the ball up the court. You aren't criticizing his game, at all.

You couldn't be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful

Lol. Already seeing the opinions on Dlo change :lol:

Soon enough y'all will be rocking his jersey & saying "I always knew Dlo could be this good. He just needed magic to push him"

Like we haven't been saying he's gunna be special and to give him time for 2 years & y'all weren't screaming that he's a bust and should be traded the entire time.

JOKESSSSSSS

Last edited:
^:rofl:

Same folks who wanna trade everybody for PG would've traded PG in the middle of his rookie season. Just no concept of development

:pimp:

Not gonna make too big of a deal out of these last three games, am just happy to see him getting minutes and shots up.

Back
Top Bottom