**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I see where he is coming from and he's still a BA. Just collect ya check and shut up. He ok'd those deals past summer and was going to trade a piece to save his job. And so what if he doesn't get credit, he didn't draft anyone (that was on Mitch and co.), or even try to be bad he wanted to get us to playoff level and compete. He turned us into a laughing stock. We're y'all weeping for Mark Jackson the last couple years with GS's success? **** Jim Buss forever.

really wish they went about this in another way and had jim and mitch step aside at the end of the season.

Should have done it at the end of last season. Jeanie goofed on that front I will admit and even she acknowledged that.

Yeah I felt kinda bad for M-Jax. Didn't think he was a good coach, but I felt for the dude. But this is a different situation. We're talking about an owner who's only source of fame/recognition was taking away from him. That **** kills egos. M-Jax still has his basketball career, broadcasting career and may still get a future coaching job. Jim Buss has jack **** in his life now. Nobody cares about him.

To me, it doesn't matter if he tried or not, the reality is we have a good young coach with 2 number 2 picks w/ high potential. That's way better than 95% of rebuilding teams. Doesn't matter if they fell into it or not.

And yeah Jim's trying to get his check alrite. Looks like his end game is to force a sale. An "If I can't have the Lakers, nobody in the Buss family can" type steez.

Last edited:
Is Jim Buss still not part owner of the Lakers? Did anybody know or care who he was before his dad passed? Has he become more famous or infamous since he's been at the head of the Lakers? The only reason people cared about him at all was because he was awful at his job.

We'll think about it like this. Donald Sterling sold the clippers and is rich as ****, but nobody gives a **** who he is. When he owned the clippers, he was a symbol in LA, one of the most famous towns in the world. He had access to **** that you can't have access too, no matter the amount of money you had. Nobody knows who Sterling is but they knew that old rich Clippers owner who sat front row. You never heard Sterling ever again after he sold the team.

But fame isn't really my point. Buss got stripped of power and recognition. This is one of the biggest sports franchises on the planet, that **** had to hurt. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but nobody is letting that go easily.

Anyway:

CAN SOMEONE PLZ COP THIS FOR ME ?????

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne

there_will_be_blood_ver2.jpg

I told y'all this was about to get ugly.
The only reason Jim is doing this is because she fired him in the middle of the season and hired the 1 man he HATES the most in Magic Johnson.
You have Magic Johnson parading around smiling and basically calling himself the son Jerry always really wanted and Jim is the sole reason the Lakers are terrible, you could see why Jim wants to get vindictive

I think Jim is gonna go on a path to destroy his fathers legacy. He is embarrassed. I truly believe his 1 goal in life he wanted to achieve was make his father proud and prove he could win.
He has been the laughing stock of the basketball world for years, the blame for the fall of a franchise, replaced by the black dude with everlasting charisma. Yea he failed his pops.

He gone either kill himself or Jeanie and Magic

Leemelone's views

Randle should be able to beast on the boards
Russell in the post over Boston's guards. Smart/Bradley will be a good test for him
Jaylen brown is athletic and strong. Ingram will have to use his length and IQ to have success

4 games clear of the 4th worst record now as the Sixers and Magic win.

Back
Top Bottom