**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I really thought the talk this past offseason was that the Russ trade was an awful fit and that the Lakers were old. Guess I missed the pivot where they became the title favorites and 70 game winning team 😂

C CP1708 now that I have sobered up....

I can only speak for me...but I'm sure most of the guys here are the same way.

During a loss you get frustrated and clearly we have been frustrated all year. But me saying I wonder why Vogel didn't play Dwight in the second half is not the same as me saying we lost this game because Dwight didn't play. Me asking why Dwight didn't in the second half is not me saying we lost because Vogel made a bad coaching decision.

Valančiūnas really made an impact in the last 3 min of that game and some of us wondered why Dwight was out there to counter that like he was in the 1st half.

Was that the only reason why we lost? Or course not. Do we know If Dwight playing would have changed the outcome, no.

But when we mention it you get on your coaching rant when (I assume) most of us realize that wasn't the only contributing factor to the loss. Yes we will realize Monk with his bad turnovers, russ with his bad shots and turnovers, Bron running the clock down and taking bad shots, AD being soft AD and letting Valančiūnas kill him, ECT all led to the loss.

It's just one thing that was pointed out in the moment...yet one thing point out in the moment some how turns into we deserve doc.

Some of us just don't understand why you get so bent out of shape about coaching or rotation talk...

For the 90 time, this isn't all Vogel's fault...but the some of his rotations are a part of the reason why we have lost some games this year.

We shouldn't be this bad. I don't see how the Clippers could not have PG or Kawhi most of the year and not be in a similar position as us. And it makes you wonder what is Ty lue doing...are thier other players just that much better?

I don't know...but what I do know is this narrative of we deserve Doc is nonsense.

I get that you're asking for Dwight to match Val. Similar to if it were Embiid etc. But for 3 years it has been clear, we are at our best with AD at the 5. That is our "best" lineup, when we can play 4 perimeter guys around AD. (Sadly, 1 of those 4 is Russ and that's dreadful)

Dwight comes in, and he is pick & roll'd to death by CJ/Ingram. And on offense he provides us nothing.

Granted, AD fully healthy mutes the need, but hobbly AD doesn't look the same.

Other issue, old(er) Dwight isn't the same after sitting a while, kinda like how Bron apparently ran outta gas. Q3 Bron was unreal. Q4 Bron was a ghost. In their 20's, yea energy for miles. At 36-38, not the same gas pedal.

Look how fast and bouncy all of the Pels were. The Grizz entire bench played the Suns and every one of them is faster/more athletic than us.

We are the oldest/slowest team in the league. Fully healthy Bron/AD give us a chance, 80% Bron/AD and we're doomed. They don't have the extra gear anymore. AD still looks terrified of his every step. :smh:

We went full vet heavy. And all of them died.

Our......"best" guys have been Monk (one of the youngest) Stanley (off the street) Reaves (youngest) and obviously Bron/AD (when healthy-rested). Even Gabriel sticks out now, kinda like Earl Clark did in 2013. THT needed to make a huge leap to give us another Monk like weapon and the freshest legs. But....he failed. :frown: And I can't even talk about Nunn.

Russ has energy, but it's outta control energy. And he doesn't have the same lift he used to. How many times we seen him miss point blank layups that used to be dunks?

Our roster is trash. And we're going to fire a guy that didn't put it together. And everyone is going to cheer. I don't care what the name of the suit is, it's a fall-guy. We're firing someone not really at fault.

Jeanie, Rob, Bron, AD, Rambii all keep their jobs. New suit on the bench. "This'll fix things"........
Nope.

We need, roughly, 8-9 new players, in one off-season. And if Monk leaves........ :smh:

I don't get down like that. I don't blame/fire one guy who really had no control over our shortcomings. My point has always been, he's tried EVERYTHING. He tried Baze, Ariza, Rondo, DJ, guy off street (literally, multiple, IT, Collision, Stanley, Augustine, Gabriel......) Dwight, Bradley, the rookies, play Russ, bench Russ, he's played every player in every spot. They just aren't good enough. Clearly.

So fire that guy. :lol: :smh:

Doc, Phil, Spo, Monty Williams, Kerr, none of them fix this roster. So, it's whatever. A year from now folks will be blaming the new suit for whatever issues as a 39 year old with 2 billion miles on his odometer is likely still our best player.

I don't blame/fire one guy who really had no control over our shortcomings.
Me neither.

I do blame/fire one guy for HIS shortcomings.

Obviously you're in favor of getting rid of SOMEONE this offseason. Whoever it is, OK, so blame that guy for the Lakers shortcomings? Not me. I don't blame the guy that you're willing to part with. It's not his fault.

-foe

Missed this quote from last night…

58D166E6-97C9-4C96-BCA5-3F6C72DD6C94.jpeg

This was a "playoff game" so Frank went with the guys he trusted the most. Just like Russ, one thing to think it but another thing to come out and say it to the world.

Makes me wonder if Melo got the word that he wouldn't be playing so he just decided to stay home.

Would those two, more Dwight and Gabriel really made a difference last night? Who knows... but what we do know is Frank doesn't trust them.

Also makes me wonder how do players feel when they hear their coach say things like this. Still want to play hard for him, or for the remaining games if he calls on you are just going to go through the motions?

From what I remember off the top of my head the talk was that Dell didn’t do a good job of managing the personalities on the roster. Shaq took several shots at him over the years about him being soft when it came to discipline (especially Kobe).

Time to send the Lakers to Seattle

See this is stuff that just makes people look stupid.

One bad season and this is the nonsense people say?

C CP1708 this is the thing...I'm not even saying he should be fired. I just think may Dwight could have helped with Val...that's all. Val went off to end the game. And trust me I get stat wise that the best line up we have is with AD at the 5...but this year...I don't know about that...

Honestly nothing we can do or say to change what is happening. It just sucks.

I hope they don't fire Vogel. But we don't control that.

I don’t like having a new coach/system/identity every 3 years. But these players aren’t listening to him. You can see that in the bad shots and poor effort.

Wonder if we’ll try to poach off bucks/suns/grizz staff. Darvin Ham might be ready

Back
Top Bottom