**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

EDD33D53-5798-441D-95BD-A8CC51B955FE.jpeg

5 games left.

Bron probably plays in 2 more gets about 30 to 34 in those games and wins the scoring title.

Just really want to see if they can do anything to improve the team.

Vogel will probably be fired (even though I have said all year this isn't all his fault).

Besides that...monk probably gone, hopefully Nunn gets that 15 million dollar contract his agent put out there.

If the only Russ trade is wall, then don't bother.

Lord....

What’s sad is Jeanie and Rob will have a post-mortem meeting and the number #1 reason they’ll attribute to this season will be injuries

Like duh, you assembled the oldest team in the world what did you expect?

Bigger than injuries is the non-shooting, poor attitude and no team identity. It’s a losing culture with no accountability and making excuses all year, from top down

What’s sad is Jeanie and Rob will have a post-mortem meeting and the number #1 reason they’ll attribute to this season will be injuries

Like duh, you assembled the oldest team in the world what did you expect?

Bigger than injuries is the non-shooting, poor attitude and no team identity. It’s a losing culture with no accountability and making excuses all year, from top down
Old guys who have been most often injured - Lebron, Ariza
Young guys who have been most often injured - AD, Nunn

The young guys have missed far more time than the old guys. When your two best players (young and old) miss as much time as AD/Bron have well that is the main issue…but you’re right it’s just not the only issue.

Good. This is exactly what this team deserves.

This. It’s one thing if they were playing well in April and looked like they were finally putting something together and starting to click.

But the way this team is, even if they did somehow manage to make the play in. They’ve shown nothing to make anyone feel they’re capable of beating New Orleans, Let alone proceed to beat the loser of Clippers Timberwolves after that.

Hell I can’t remember the last time they won 2 in a row this season.

C CP1708 now that I have sobered up....

I can only speak for me...but I'm sure most of the guys here are the same way.

During a loss you get frustrated and clearly we have been frustrated all year. But me saying I wonder why Vogel didn't play Dwight in the second half is not the same as me saying we lost this game because Dwight didn't play. Me asking why Dwight didn't in the second half is not me saying we lost because Vogel made a bad coaching decision.

Valančiūnas really made an impact in the last 3 min of that game and some of us wondered why Dwight was out there to counter that like he was in the 1st half.

Was that the only reason why we lost? Or course not. Do we know If Dwight playing would have changed the outcome, no.

But when we mention it you get on your coaching rant when (I assume) most of us realize that wasn't the only contributing factor to the loss. Yes we will realize Monk with his bad turnovers, russ with his bad shots and turnovers, Bron running the clock down and taking bad shots, AD being soft AD and letting Valančiūnas kill him, ECT all led to the loss.

It's just one thing that was pointed out in the moment...yet one thing point out in the moment some how turns into we deserve doc.

Some of us just don't understand why you get so bent out of shape about coaching or rotation talk...

For the 90 time, this isn't all Vogel's fault...but the some of his rotations are a part of the reason why we have lost some games this year.

We shouldn't be this bad. I don't see how the Clippers could not have PG or Kawhi most of the year and not be in a similar position as us. And it makes you wonder what is Ty lue doing...are thier other players just that much better?

I don't know...but what I do know is this narrative of we deserve Doc is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom