**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

But he's a star and that's what they want so I thinkthis option is the lesser of 2 evils to make sure we don't go get Melo :smh:

Last edited:
What if Paul George gets traded here, realized it's a ****** situation with no way he can win quickly, doesn't resign and then bounces to a contender? Then you've really hit rock bottom.

You can trade for PG and still tank. Play him 10-15 games then put him on ice...only like 24 games left.

I wouldn't give up both Dlo and Randle at this point (maybe in the off season after we know if we have the pick).

Pacers are much smarter than the Kings but you still have to use what they got for Cousins as leverage.

A non lottery 1st, good young prospect, other decent players/salary filler.

You sit PG out for 10 games, don't get the pick and then he dips. Now you're ****** for 5 more years.

Doesn't make sense for the timeframe of the team. Maybe in the summer time. But not right now.

Last edited:
Idk why y'all so hellbent in trading D'Lo

He's gonna be our most valuable asset in a few years

You sit PG out for 10 games, don't get the pick and then he dips. Now you're ****** for 5 more years.

Doesn't make sense for the timeframe of the team. Maybe in the summer time. But not right now.

Why does he have to sit out?

Seriously, no excuse for D'lo and JC to not ball out right now. If they still don't get 30-35 minutes each night, something's wrong.

Particularly Dlo, throw him in the fire

I swear......if Jose/Huertas are playing more 4th quarter minutes than Dlo........

Then Luke is getting his Byron Scott on

Who knows maybe Luke gets canned at the end of the year

Magic gonna bring in Kurt rambis lol

Uggghhh PG hasn't been the same since his injury.
Just wait for him to be a free agent. He's not resigning in Indy. Trade for him now and it's like when the Knicks traded their core for Melo when they could've signed him in free agency if they waited. Different circumstances because Melo wanted his bird rights and $$ tho

Also, if you trade for PG you lose your chance at keeping this year's pick. Double whammy.
And when has this worked in the past 4 years? Every year it's wait until FA and sign the star. We have a good situation here with a new FO and coach, practice facility, LA, and promising young talent. Also, he broke his leg. Bones heal fine, unlike soft tissue injuries.

But he's a star and that's what they want so I thinkthis option is the lesser of 2 evils to make sure we don't go get Melo
mean.gif
if thats what it takes to get PG

id rather keep what we have, **** that

No he just hasn't played as well since the injury and he isn't such a superstar that you'd trade your team for him anyway.

If he was so good why isn't Indiana the 2 seed in the east? Why would Indiana want to get rid of him? Why would he want to leave Myles Turner?

Last edited:
And when has this worked in the past 4 years? Every year it's wait until FA and sign the star. We have a good situation here with a new FO and coach, practice facility, LA, and promising young talent. Also, he broke his leg. Bones heal fine, unlike soft tissue injuries.

Exactly and now thanks to those idiots that got fired, we don't even have the space anymore to bring multiples in.

Uggghhh PG hasn't been the same since his injury.
Just wait for him to be a free agent. He's not resigning in Indy. Trade for him now and it's like when the Knicks traded their core for Melo when they could've signed him in free agency if they waited. Different circumstances because Melo wanted his bird rights and $$ tho

Also, if you trade for PG you lose your chance at keeping this year's pick. Double whammy.
Yea I wouldn't be worried about him leaving either.

I just don't want to give up too much. Anything similar to what Sac got for Boogie, I'm good with that,

Free agents don't come here cuz Kobe. Now nobody wants to play here cuz we're not contending. Don't see how trading Dlo for Pg and then tanking with Pg for the last 25 games is remotely attractive to any free agent.

Scenarios would be different if the owed pick wasn't top 3 protected but this is where we are.

Woj said PG might be interested in coming here in 2018 anyway. Why don't you just wait for that and then use Dlo/Randle as trade bait for another player?

Last edited:
I'd rather trade clarkson than Russell

Clarkson seems like career bench scorer something easier to come by in the nba

I'd rather trade clarkson than Russell

Clarkson seems like career bench scorer something easier to come by in the nba

You're not getting a star for Clarkson. BI and D'Lo have the most value. If they're looking for a star (which may not be the case right now, may wait until the draft) one of them will have to be included as a principle piece.

“I would like to thank the Buss family for 36 incredible years. In particular, I would like to acknowledge Dr. Buss who brought me here as a player in 1981. I also want to thank every Laker player, coach and staff member with whom I have worked and who supported me through the good times and the very few not so good times. I am most disappointed that I won’t have the opportunity to continue to work with Luke [Walton] and watch this young and talented team grow and eventually win in the Laker tradition. Finally, my best wishes to Earvin Johnson and the Laker organization going forward.”Statement from Mitch He ain't deserve to go out like that

Clarkson randle and the 1st for pg is good thats over 30 points a game right there for a good player

Back
Top Bottom