**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Free agents don't come here cuz Kobe. Now nobody wants to play here cuz we're not contending. Don't see how trading Dlo for Pg and then tanking with Pg for the last 25 games is remotely attractive to any free agent.

Scenarios would be different if the owed pick wasn't top 3 protected but this is where we are.

Woj said PG might be interested in coming here in 2018 anyway. Why don't you just wait for that and then use Dlo/Randle as trade bait for another player?
Nobody wants to come here to play with Dlo, at least not for the next 3-4 years. A star may look at PG, young talent, and an improving situation and think they can win with that. 

I'm higher on PG than most people. I'd prefer him over Jimmy Butler any day. He's bigger, more athletic, and a better defender. On a team where he doesn't have to create all of his own shots his PER would be much higher. Not saying the Lakers are that team right now, but they can easily build around him to play the way Luke wants.

Mitch :smh:

pours-out-liquor.gif

D'lo and Randle and HOU's 1st for a star like Paul George
who has proven himself in the playoffs and he's at the beginning of his prime. perennial all star. can get his own shot .

you do that deal everyday of the week.

Nobody wants to come here to play with Dlo, at least not for the next 3-4 years. A star may look at PG, young talent, and an improving situation and think they can win with that. 

I'm higher on PG than most people. I'd prefer him over Jimmy Butler any day. He's bigger, more athletic, and a better defender. On a team where he doesn't have to create all of his own shots his PER would be much higher. Not saying the Lakers are that team right now, but they can easily build around him to play the way Luke wants.

Too many variables g. Why wouldn't you just use the package that you want to trade for PG for another player? Paul George can come here without us having to give up anything. Woj has said that PG is interested in LA 2018. So why be the KNICKS when they traded for Melo? We all saw how that turned out. We see how it's still turning out.

And once again the most important thing is keeping the 2017 pick. If you think we can trade for PG and still get that pick, then PG isn't very good and not worth trading for anyway.

Too many variables g. Why wouldn't you just use the package that you want to trade for PG for another player? Paul George can come here without us having to give up anything. Woj has said that PG is interested in LA 2018. So why be the KNICKS when they traded for Melo? We all saw how that turned out. We see how it's still turning out.

Melo was interested in 2014 too. LMA in 2015. Whether PG13 is here or not next season we'll still be bad so why would he all of a sudden be more attracted if it's still a losing situation. Cause at that time he's the only star that can come & we'll have to extend Randle.

D'lo and Randle and HOU's 1st for a star like Paul George
who has proven himself in the playoffs and he's at the beginning of his prime. perennial all star. can get his own shot .

you do that deal everyday of the week.
I also like the NBA where Randle and Myles Turner play together. That's a beast front court. 

Last edited:
If you're risk taker, you pass on PG and hope all the young kids pan out
If you want to be safe, you got get a star like PG and give up a few young players

I guess we'll see how Magic plays it out

Melo was interested in 2014 too. LMA in 2015. Whether PG13 is here or not next season we'll still be bad so why would he all of a sudden be more attracted if it's still a losing situation. Cause at that time he's the only star that can come & we'll have to extend Randle.

So why would he resign when he currently has a better situation in Indiana than he would hypothetically have in La?

:lol:

It's no use bruh

2K and twitter got everyone thinking they GM's

I don't see how that's too many variables. You need a star to get another one. That's been true for the past few decades. The Knicks situation was different. Melo straight out told them he was going to NY in the offseason and would only sign with them. Then Knicks did a Knicks thing and traded everything away to get him there a few months early.

PG has expressed interest in LA but given no indicators he'd sign here, but he's under contract through next season. That's valuable in this offseason where we could sign someone who can make this a .500 team while the talent develops. That's how GS did it with AI. 

I can't get mad at guys who want to trade for Pg lol.

Hell I'd give up Clarkson/BI/houston's 1st round for him after the season. But I'd wait til the season is over to max the chance at keeping the 2017 pick.

So why would he resign when he currently has a better situation in Indiana than he would hypothetically have in La?

45 million dollars. Indiana is mired in purgatory with no appeal to free agents.
Ability to bring another star to pair with him in LA.
He could walk sure but as you keep pointing out there's no Kobe dynamic. He's back home.
There are going to be many suitors with cap space in 2018 but not anybody who's immediately in contending area outside of maybe the Rockets and Spurs.

Ok even if you're for trading for PG (I would be depending on the package, but we know where everyone stands on this and I don't wanna discuss it anymore), why wouldn't you just wait until the summer time? He's not going anywhere (no team is giving up what the asking price would be without a guarantee that he would resign), so why not trade for him after the 2017 pick situation is resolved?

Ok even if you're for trading for PG (I would be depending on the package, but we know where everyone stands on this and I don't wanna discuss it anymore), why wouldn't you just wait until the summer time? He's not going anywhere (no team is giving up what the asking price would be without a guarantee that he would resign), so why not trade for him after the 2017 pick situation is resolved?
To obtain his bird rights

edit: oh nvm you said trade

to sell tickets lol

Last edited:
That would be ideal, but he very well could get in a situation (ie Boston) that makes no sense for him to leave and you've missed out again. Scared money don't make money. And I'm even fine throwing BI in lieu of D'Lo, just think it makes more sense with a draft loaded with top tier PGs you deal the PG.

You can still get his bird rights this summer tho.

And no team is trading for him without guarantee he resigns. Especially not Danny Ainge who holds on to his assets like gold. Boogie got traded for peanuts cuz his agent told most of the interested teams he wouldn't resign (see that Dallas offer Vlade was referring to)

Last edited:

Because these guys are desperate to get "someone" and act like we're back and get all excited by all the movement and won't realize we'd be in an even worse situation goin forward.

No one has patience anymore, they just want immediate results action which they believe to be results.

That's a good point but this is where there are a ton of variables. 1) another team could trade for him. 2) if you trade for him early, you risk losing the pick. But then Pelinka also has a few months to tamper and see if you can get a handshake deal from a FA. 3) teams in the off season have more salary cap, so now you have more competition. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom