**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If I see the word "tank" one more time...

This ain't even tanking, we just garbage.

The situation the past two seasons, we were just garbage. Getting rid of your best player is actively tanking.

Not really, it ain't like they were winning with him. There was no need to keep him.

The whole team tank thing is just corny now.

right but not winning with him means we were just trash. He was still the best player. Hella nights he at least kept us in the game. Now they won't even be a glimmer of competitive.

If I see the word "tank" one more time...

This ain't even tanking, we just garbage.
The situation the past two seasons, we were just garbage. Getting rid of your best player is actively tanking.

Not really, it ain't like they were winning with him. There was no need to keep him.

The whole team tank thing is just corny now.
you dont have to like it

but if the team is not trading for a star, we're crossing our fingers we lose enough to keep  our pick

its a sad reality, but its whats best for business

I think people really overestimate Lou's impact. He's not a winning basketball player. Houston will find out in the playoffs.

With that said, giving Brewer the minutes that used to go to Lou will make the Lakers a lot worse.

Last edited:
I live in the bay and Bob Myers has a weekly radio show. He's talked about it. Didn't say specifically it was his dream job but it's pretty much the only thing he would've left for.

Maybe he was just playing the game the way its meant to be played?

I don't understand these guys jumping ship so soon. You gotta stay with the bubble and cash out before it bursts. I could see if they were middle of the pack and mediocre..but prime time with peak success??? Crazy yo. That's just bad business. Gentry, Luke, Possibly Myers :smh. Bet bread Mike Brown happy as a pig n **** and aint thinking about taking a foot out that door.

has he said that? how do you know that it's his dream job? because its the lakers? meh. He needs to ride that warriors train as long as he possibly can. Luke was a fool. No way I'd leave a cash cow, WINNING squad like that, in its prime, just for some nostalgia. They have a license to print money over there. Make Lacob give you more dough. That simple.

He was basically Pelinka before Pelinka. He wasn't going to leave now of course but say if it was 3 years ago with all his LA roots and he had a choice between GS and the Lakers, no question he's staying in Los Angeles. Especially being one of the 1st agents to go the front office route. Same for Neil Olshey who's in Portland.

Last edited:
I think people really overestimate Lou's impact. He's not a winning basketball player. Houston will find out in the playoffs.

With that said, giving Brewer the minutes that used to go to Lou will make this team a lot worse.

Dantoni will turn him super saiyan bro. He doesn't have to be the man every night there. Just supplement Harden and Ariza and EG. Sounds like the easy life.

Seriously, no excuse for D'lo and JC to not ball out right now. If they still don't get 30-35 minutes each night, something's wrong.

Particularly Dlo, throw him in the fire

I swear......if Jose/Huertas are playing more 4th quarter minutes than Dlo........

With that said, giving Brewer the minutes that used to go to Lou will make the Lakers a lot worse.

I read something yesterday where it said when he was on the floor the Lakers were outscored by like 1.2 per 100 possessions. With him off the floor it was by 11 or 12 per 100 possessions. It's going to have a big impact.

has he said that? how do you know that it's his dream job? because its the lakers? meh. He needs to ride that warriors train as long as he possibly can. Luke was a fool. No way I'd leave a cash cow, WINNING squad like that, in its prime, just for some nostalgia. They have a license to print money over there. Make Lacob give you more dough. That simple.

He was basically Pelinka before Pelinka. He wasn't going to leave now of course but say if it was 3 years ago with all his LA roots and he had a choice between GS and the Warriors, no question he's staying in Los Angeles. Especially being one of the 1st agents to go the front office route. Same for Neil Olshey who's in Portland.

oh yea 3 yrs ago sure. They were middle of the pack then. Mark Jackson. He could've def bounced then. But once they caught lightning in a bottle, just from a logical standpoint, I don't see how you don't right that out. I mean you have multiple once in a lifetime type talents, gotta abuse that.

I read something yesterday where it said when he was on the floor the Lakers were outscored by like 1.2 per 100 possessions. With him off the floor it was by 11 or 12 per 100 possessions. It's going to have a big impact.

Those stats don't take into account that Lou was usually always playing the opposing team's scrubs. If Lou plays against better competition, those numbers go down. Wait til Lou attempts to guard Steph in May.

Maybe he was just playing the game the way its meant to be played?

I don't understand these guys jumping ship so soon. You gotta stay with the bubble and cash out before it bursts. I could see if they were middle of the pack and mediocre..but prime time with peak success??? Crazy yo. That's just bad business. Gentry, Luke, Possibly Myers :smh. Bet bread Mike Brown happy as a pig n **** and aint thinking about taking a foot out that door.

Myers is doing as you say tho. He's not leaving GS any time soon. Just using potential lakers gig as leverage. Maybe he would've bounced before they got KD but why would you leave now.

Last edited:
Those stats don't take into account that Lou was usually always playing the opposing team's scrubs. If Lou plays against better competition, those numbers go down. Wait til Lou attempts to guard Steph in May.

I'll have to double check but I think between him playing the majority of the ends of 2nd quarters and the bulk of the 4th at least half of his time at minimum was against starters. He was only averaging 24 minutes.

Glad Ramona S. finally told the world on 710 about 20 min ago that Jeanie made up her mind around Thursday of last week that she was going to fire Mitch and Jim the beginning of this week.

Calendars were marked accordingly last Friday when news broke out on NT lol

Barbershop talk be on sumthin stupid don't it lol

Last edited:
He played the end of the first and beginning of 2nd = prime bench.

He played in the end of the 3rd against the bench and if he was hot he played a majority of the 4th (only real time against starters). His clutch numbers would prolly be the most relevant numbers to look at.

If Lou guarding steph in may the trade was a resounding success for the rockets

Per Kevin Ding on Dan Patrick, It was Jim who really wanted Cousins.

Ding said Jim was a dreamer who thought they could shortcut their way to a contender.

Ding (paraphrasing): It really wasn't important. It's been overrated publicly. Really the element in it was important was Jim wanted to give up Ingram and all the young talent it took to get Cousins at the last minute in maybe an attempt to save his job so it looked like they had a star again. Something which Magic has come out against publicly, the logic being: if you get DMC do you believe he is able to make the Lakers more a contender if you have to give up all your assets to get him?

Goodbye Jim....

Uggghhh PG hasn't been the same since his injury.
Just wait for him to be a free agent. He's not resigning in Indy. Trade for him now and it's like when the Knicks traded their core for Melo when they could've signed him in free agency if they waited. Different circumstances because Melo wanted his bird rights and $$ tho

Also, if you trade for PG you lose your chance at keeping this year's pick. Double whammy.

Last edited:
There's still a 40 million dollar difference. D'Lo, Randle, Black and the 1st we got yesterday for PG13... DO IT MAGIC! Get a star, depth is still depleted enough to tank, acquire top 3 pick. Draft Fultz or Ball. Flourish.

Uggghhh PG hasn't been the same since his injury.
Just wait for him to be a free agent. He's not resigning in Indy. Trade for him now and it's like when the Knicks traded their core for Melo when they could've signed him in free agency if they waited. Different circumstances because Melo wanted his bird rights and $$ tho

Also, if you trade for PG you lose your chance at keeping this year's pick. Double whammy.

This is exactly what i dont understand....
didnt we give up Lou for better chances at our top 3 pick?
how does going after PG help us?
I say wait till next year and try to sign him.

PG isn't good enough for that trade lol. I thought you were part of team tank too?

So if you trade for PG, and you think the team would still be bad enough to keep the pick, obviously PG wouldn't be very good and wouldn't be worth it then, right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom