**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Legion Hoops @LegionHoops
The Lakers and Celtics have both reached out to the Nets regarding a Brook Lopez trade.

more importantly get the only person that keeps us in games off the team to tank more effectively.

Didn't need to trade to do that. Essentially we picked up an overpaid benchwarmer and a pick so late odds are working against

Lou is worth more but we took less to not get nothin in the end

Newsflash
No team will take Deng or Moz

A team might take them attached to an asset IF they have a year left, not 3 lol

And POR won't trade a stud like Dame

Get real y'all

Didn't need to trade to do that. Essentially we picked up an overpaid benchwarmer and a pick so late odds are working against

Lolwut

The Lakers and Celtics have both reached out to the Nets regarding a Brook Lopez trade.
Makes zero sense. FO is in full tank mode.  Unless its a way to get out of loul or mozzy contract. 

Last edited:

Except he's Sooo not worth more. Dude is a good scorer with major defensive deficiencies and his penchant for drawing fouls to generate points from free-throw opportunities will not work in the post-season when refs stop rewarding such tactics. The trade is fair.

Makes zero sense. FO is in full tank mode.  Unless its a way to get out of loul or mozzy contract. 

That's the only way
Unless we're helping them facilitate the deal in some way while acquiring another asset

Do it for Mitch

Last edited:
Devil's advocate, didn't the Bulls need to attach two second rounders to get Calderon off their team and he's expiring this year. Similar with Brewer, but the Rockets got Lou Will. 

Some slight finessing was done. 

Last edited:

Devils advocate, didn't the Bulls need to attach two second rounders to get Calderon off their team and he's expiring this year. Similar with Brewer, but the Rockets got Lou Will. 
Not quite the same. Bulls needed to make a move to get wade so they over payed someone to take Calderon. It was later into FA so options were more limited. I don't know what the other offers were, but any protections puts a risk of giving up lou for nothing. 

Devils advocate, didn't the Bulls need to attach two second rounders to get Calderon off their team and he's expiring this year. Similar with Brewer, but the Rockets got Lou Will. 
Not quite the same. Bulls needed to make a move to get wade so they over payed someone to take Calderon. It was later into FA so options were more limited. I don't know what the other offers were, but any protections puts a risk of giving up lou for nothing. 
I definitely get that Wade angle, but usually you need to attach an asset (usually a 2nd rounder) to get rid of a contract like Brewer's (his contract isn't terrible or anything, but still). 

Overall not complaining or anything. The pick is worth it. We just have no idea what the other offers were and I feel like a team like Washington is desperate. But waiting could mean opposing teams make deals and you're stuck with Lou. 

Last edited:
Whip got < 4 hours
hahahahaha....for what?

I told you last week to mark your SI Swimsuit Edition Calendar for Monday and Tuesday.

You marked it with a post it.

Why don't you go ahead and write in one paragraph or less what happened today. Which is TUESDAY btw 
laugh.gif

Enjoy the show bruh...trade deadline is Thursday and Magic on the phone as we speak smokin' a stogie next to Cookie and Byron at the barbershop.

Holla!

I definitely get that Wade angle, but usually you need to attach an asset (usually a 2nd rounder) to get rid of a contract like Brewer's (his contract isn't terrible or anything, but still). 

Depends on the team. 1st round picks are always more valuable because of the guaranteed money.

I can almost bet the Hornets pick wad lottery protected since they're not making the playoffs and Washington at least top 20-25 protected, same for Utah. There was no better deal, and the only thing that really matters is we got a pick while also getting the young guards more freedom. Trying to ask for the moon for a one dimensional player is very Mitchesque. Glad Magic was smart.

Depends on the team. 1st round picks are always more valuable because of the guaranteed money.

I can almost bet the Hornets pick wad lottery protected since they're not making the playoffs and Washington at least top 20-25 protected, same for Utah. There was no better deal, and the only thing that really matters is we got a pick while also getting the young guards more freedom. Trying to ask for the moon for a one dimensional player is very Mitchesque. Glad Magic was smart.
Lol you're pushing it with the last lines. 

All I'm saying is usually to get rid of a contract like Brewer's you need to attach an asset of some sort. 

Call me skeptical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was that weirdo Morey taking advantage of the young pup Magic here. 

But yea happy we got a 1st round pick for Lou. 

Didn't magic say if you want Lou, you're gonna have to give up a lot to get him? Sounds like he was shooting for the moon to me

Lopez better be like Moz, Tarik, Nick young and a couple second rounders.

So help me God if I see JC, Zu or Nance going to BK for Brook Lopez!!!!

No disrespect to barbers but whip if you really cashin out take a video of you in your whip dropping bands at the Louis store
No thanks, no need for you to see what my whip looks like in my Huracan. Plus I don't do the "Louis Store."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom