**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Team could be unwatchable if they trade away Swaggy.

giphy.gif

Houston dumped a bad contract on the Lakers for them to take a first rounder. 

According to people on twitter, Momo said Magic saw Brewer as a sweetener. That better not be true, and the best first round option was the Houston pick. 
laugh.gif

Whip you got 6 hours dog

LOL...I already told all of you funny dudes last week to mark your calendars for Mon and Tues. Today is Tuesday and look what happened.

You still doubting the barbershop sources?

Okay...let me fill you in:

Lakers are most likely not done and are continuing to be aggressive.

Do you know which other player Corey Brewer's agent represents?

Keep your eyes peeled bruh...you never know what kind of magic tricks Dr. Buss' spirit got up its sleeve.

Last edited:
Houston dumped a bad contract on the Lakers for them to take a first rounder. 

According to people on twitter, Momo said Magic saw Brewer as a sweetener. That better not be true, and the best first round option was the Houston pick. :lol:

Exactly what I was afraid of. It should have cost them a small asset just to dump Brewer. Another 2nd or KJ should've been included. Magic goofed.

Whip you got 6 hours dog

LOL...I already told all of you funny dudes last week to mark your calendars for Mon and Tues. Today is Tuesday and look what happened.

You still doubting the barbershop sources?

Okay...let me fill you in:

Lakers are most likely not done and are continuing to be aggressive.

Do you know which other player Corey Brewer's agent represents?

Keep your eyes peeled bruh...you never know what kind of magic tricks Dr. Buss' spirit got up his sleeve.

Jimmy Butler :nerd:

Exactly what I was afraid of. It should have cost them a small asset just to dump Brewer. Another 2nd or KJ should've been included. Magic goofed.
Momo didn't say Magic thought it was a sweetner. I was listening to her. 

Surprised the Wizards didn't go for it this season though. 

Last edited:

Momo didn't say Magic thought it was a sweetner. I was listening to her. 
Yea I didn't listen to her, I just saw people say it on twitter. That's why I made sure to write that. The LFR tweeted that Momo said Magic saw him a sweetener in his eyes. Check out his twitter. 

And Arash is saying this was the best pick for the 2017 draft. Deal makes sense. How is the later picks in this draft for people who follow college ball. 

Last edited:
Trading Lou and young makes this team more watchable to me. We can finally Give minutes to all the young guys and see what they can really do then go from there all the while staying in top 3 worst teams

Just throwing it out there, how much worse could the protections be than 26-27. I guess it depends on what happens if the pick would fall within the protection. Does it rollover like our picks or do we outright lose it? 

Just throwing it out there, how much worse could the protections be than 26-27. I guess it depends on what happens if the pick would fall within the protection. Does it rollover like our picks or do we outright lose it? 
Most time the protections are put in place in a prediction of where said team trading is going to finish so they don't actually have to give it up. Well except in the Lakers case where they stupidly didn't think they'd be terrible when doing that Nash trade. 

Last edited:

Most time the protections are put in place in a prediction of where said team trading is going to finish so they don't actually have to give it up. Well except in the Lakers case where they stupidly didn't think they'd be terrible when doing that Nash trade. 
So this was the only trade that makes sense even if we had to take back Brewer. Putting Lou on any of those teams could theoretically mean we traded him for nothing. 

Lol, so much happened today...coming from work and I had to read 20 pages.

I'm curious what will happen the next 2 days

The Lou trade was strategic in nature. Brewer and that pick are "pieces" if you know what I mean

Last edited:
I don't get it, how is Houston trading back to back 1st rounders? I thought you couldn't do that?
I don't think you can trade future draft picks in back to back years.

I guess they don't take into account the previous year.

This.

Last year's pick is irrelevant under Stepian Rule. Only matters for future picks. So if they had traded away 2018, then they couldn't trade 2017.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom