**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

:lol: at Magic making sure his picks are unprotected. :lol:
3o85xH5TfewO4h8FLG.gif

It was a fair trade, watcha talking about

A 1st round pick is more valuable than a 30somethig year old "Super 6th man" who had a career year on terrible team.

Super 6th men DONT work anymore. Bench units >>>. They already got EG. I just think Dantoni and the rockets wanted more scoring where they didn't need it.

Lou Will doesn't make them any better.

A 1st round pick is more valuable than a 30somethig year old "Super 6th man" who had a career year on terrible team.

Super 6th men DONT work anymore. Bench units >>>. They already got EG. I just think Dantoni and the rockets wanted more scoring where they didn't need it.

we dont care bout them

The Rockets needed another backup guard, but I agree. Not sure there's enough minutes for him with Harden, EJ and Beverley soaking up a lot of the minutes. But at least they'll have 48 minutes of firepower from the backcourt.

Brewer is so bad though, that dunk on D Fish was his career highlight
Hope he gets 35 minutes :lol:

Last edited:
We have an actual tangible 1st round pick now. That alone makes this trade an A. 

This is exactly what Mitch was loathed for not getting value for pieces. Magic got it done. And in the unfortunate event we do lose the pick to Philly our excellent scouts led by Ryan West can find us another decent piece, or it can be used in a larger deal. So much possibilities. 

What's funny is I wanted Brewer from the LO trade with the Mavs in 2011. We were slow as dirt and needed someone with his athleticism.

Come on g, you not fooling anyone. It's a good trade, but if Mitch made the same move some of y'all would be on his neck

Come on g, you not fooling anyone. It's a good trade, but if Mitch made the same move some of y'all would be on his neck
His track record says he wouldn't have made it and been waiting to get a top 10 pick for Lou. But he's not here anymore so it's a moot point. 

Like I said the other night now

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Top 3 + 27ish

I love that future. 8 very young, very cheap pieces, in place.

There's a chance they grow them, or a chance they package 3-4 of them for two seperate mega-deals. I personally hope they grow them. Stay patient.

His track record says he wouldn't have made it and been waiting to get a top 10 pick for Lou. But he's not here anymore so it's a moot point. 
Moot point yes, but I'm curious, what exactly are you referring to? 

Are you talking about not dealing Pau because I don't think there was any first rounder offered for him. Wasnt' the best offer a second rounder and Emeka Okafor to match salaries?

Are you talking about not dealing Pau because I don't think there was any first rounder offered for him. Wasnt' the best offer a second rounder and Emeka Okafor to match salaries?
Pau, Dwert, Lou/Nick (up to now). He always overvalues what his talent is. 

If he would have actually done something I would have been right here praising him FINALLY for not sitting on his ***. 

Last edited:
Like I said the other night now

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Top 3 + 27ish

I love that future. 8 very young, very cheap pieces, in place.

There's a chance they grow them, or a chance they package 3-4 of them for two seperate mega-deals. I personally hope they grow them. Stay patient.
If I had to guess, Magic does not like D'angelo Russell, especially with one of his close friends, Byron Scott, feeding him information. Let's see if he moves him, or if he listens to others around him (assuming they like Dlo).

That 3rd pick is far from guaranteed. I'm telling you the way this Mitch firing was handled, my gut, or my loins as leemelone would say, is telling me karma is going to bite the Lakers. And even if people don't want to hear it, we are better with D'angelo Russell on the court. I wouldn't be surprised if we steal games we shouldn't win because of the young guys getting more minutes. 

We have an actual tangible 1st round pick now. That alone makes this trade an A. 

This is exactly what Mitch was loathed for not getting value for pieces. Magic got it done.

Fake news. Mitch got hella value for pieces. People don't realize it because the pieces he gave up were absolute nobodies who never sniffed the NBA. Mitch made a way better deal with the rockets when he picked up an expiring deal and a guy who actually had some game left (Lin) a first rounder (Nance) and a second and all he gave up was a fella named Sergei Lishchuk.

I don't even know what happened with the second rounder but if you get that kinda value for Sergei lishchuk there's no way in hell this deal is an A in comparison for a guy who led the league in scoring for almost a month and is the frontrunner for 6moy

Last edited:
getting a pick was what we wanted

but it came with corey brewer who is no help whatsoever and is still owed money next year

more than Lou is owed 

Last edited:

Pau, Dwert, Lou/Nick (up to now). He always overvalues what his talent is. 

If he would have actually done something I would have been right here praising him FINALLY for not sitting on his ***. 
But Pau was getting a second round pick max. That's insulting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive there was no market for him according to reports.

Dwight you gotta be kidding me. I hate when people use him as an example. Sure tell your main man Kobe Bryant, hey we are dealing Dwight Howard mid-season and blowing this whole thing up and not even giving you a chance to compete for a title. Yes. That's how life works. 

Come on man. You're sounding like Spicer. 

But it's over and that we can agree about. 

Fake news. Mitch got hella value for pieces. People don't realize it because the pieces he gave up were absolute nobodies who never sniffed the NBA. Mitch made a way better deal with the rockets when he picked up an expiring deal and a guy who actually had some game left (Lin) a first rounder (Nance) and a second and all he gave up was a fella named Sergei Lishchuk.

I don't even know what happened with the second rounder but if you get that kinda value for Sergei lishchuk there's no way in hell this deal is an A in comparison for a guy who led the league in scoring for almost a month and is the frontrunner for 6moy

That was 2014 correct? When we actually owned our own pick in the draft correct?

Back
Top Bottom