**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It was a fair trade, watcha talking about

A 1st round pick is more valuable than a 30somethig year old "Super 6th man" who had a career year on terrible team.

Super 6th men DONT work anymore. Bench units >>>. They already got EG. I just think Dantoni and the rockets wanted more scoring where they didn't need it.

Lou Will doesn't make them any better.

I don't think you watch enough Rockets games to realize the bench scoring sputters if Gordon is off. I'm not sure how adding another much needed scorer doesn't make a team that's already good but shaky better. Plus they got rid of Brewer, who comes in when things are going great and ruins it, no matter if he's playing 6 minutes or 20.

Whip you got sum esplaining to do

On the phone with peeps from The Vert right now. There may be another one coming.

You already know A LOT of big things happened just today alone. Glad to see everyone marked their calendars for Tuesday.

Don't blink or you might miss something between the lines!

That was 2014 correct? When we actually owned our own pick in the draft correct?

goalposts.jpg

I don't think you watch enough Rockets games to realize the bench scoring sputters if Gordon is off. I'm not sure how adding another much needed scorer doesn't make a team that's already good but shaky better. Plus they got rid of Brewer, who comes in when things are going great and ruins it, no matter if he's playing 6 minutes or 20.
Exactly

I take that as a yes.

Did Mitch get anything for Pau who was an all star the following year? Yes/No

Did he get anything for Dwert? Yes/No

Had he gotten anything for Lou/Nick? Yes/No

Last edited:
In grading what the deal is it does. They could very well get another Nance this year if the pick isn't moved in another deal.

Bruh..whut. That doesn't make any sense and you know it. We both know you're bs'n at this point. Completely hop scotching the actual point as you tend to do and straying from the topic. Let's try to keep this linear

1. Mitch never got this kinda value for pieces
2. Actually he did, way better value actually. Here's proof
3. Yea but we had our own pick

Don't start over. Just stop

First you said he never got value for pieces. Now you wanna modify it and say he never got value for pieces, that were big name players, two days before the trade deadline, in years where we owned our own unprotected draft pick. Out here looking like an ESPN stat.

Now you wanna say hey they could draft another Nance. Tell me what that has to do with anything in the linear progression as laid out above. Nothing

Last edited:

In grading what the deal is it does. They could very well get another Nance this year if the pick isn't moved in another deal.
Bruh..whut. That doesn't make any sense and you know it. We both know you're bs'n at this point. Completely hop scotching the actual point as you tend to do and straying from the topic. Let's try to keep this linear

1. Mitch never got this kinda value for pieces
2. Actually he did, way better value actually. Here's proof
3. Yea but we had our own pick

Don't start over. Just stop

First you said he never got value for pieces. Now you wanna modify it and say he never got value for pieces, that were big name players, two days before the trade deadline, in years where we owned our own unprotected draft pick. Out here looking like an ESPN stat.

Now you wanna say hey they could draft another Nance. Tell me what that has to do with anything in the linear progression as laid out above. Nothing
Who cares. Let the loins rest man. No more infighting. We are one now. Except Dlo fans vs Dlo haters. I got a feeling that's ending soon too. 

I just want to know a few things from Mamba though, what are you referring to specifically when you say Mitch didn't get value on assets. I think you referred to Pau and Dwight. 

But those two points aren't factual. 

1) Pau didn't have a market during the 2014 deadline. He was getting max a second rounder and a salary fill in. No one was offering a first rounder from reports. Correct me if I'm wrong. So you're complaining about an imaginary deal. 

2) Shipping off Dwight in 2013 during the deadline is based solely on fantasy. How the hell do you tell Kobe that we are scraping everything and rebuilding right now and not even giving you a chance at a run in the playoffs. That makes 0 sense. On top of that, let's say hypothetically your star player known to cause a ruckus is cool with shipping off his second best player, what are people giving up to get a guy that is gong to be a free agent in a few months. 

Mitch isn't without fault, and a great argument can be made what happened today with a new regime was much needed. Maybe the game has passed Mitch a dude that's been doing this for like 30 years. 

But you can't be altering events man. At least from what I understand went down. 

Last edited:
@ArashMarkazi The Lakers' goal going into the trade deadline was to get a first round pick for Lou Williams and anything for Nick Young.
Team could be unwatchable if they trade away Swaggy.

Back
Top Bottom