**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So this why kuz been playing like ***…

You know he loves trying when he plays Herro or MPJ

197175318_4777819488913204_19902334596505426_n.jpg

Lakers need to see what’s good with Shane Larkin.
I was watching Mike James last night and he would’ve been the 2nd best creator / ball handler on our team lol.

I’ll even settle for Campazzo :lol: just give me a euro guard who isn’t scared.

Caruso is saying all the right things about coming back but if some stupid team offers him a huge bag, he is gonna take it.

Hmmmm.

Conspiracy sohi23 says he either wants the Lakers job or he knows Dame isn’t staying in Portland for long.

Vogel only has a year left on his contract.

And Portland could turn into a Houston job real fast.

Last edited:
Health will be key. I wish we kept Dwight and Rondo and ran it back but it is what it is. The team got away from what worked which was defense.

What if....

We do a sign and trade involving Schroder and THT to make the salaries work and go out and get Kyle Lowry whom TOR also agrees to S&T to us.

Then sign Patty Mills and his average of 150 threes the last 6 yrs for the vet minimum.

We then package KCP, Kuzma, and AC Ginobili to SA in a S&T for DeRozan.

We split the $9.5m midlevel exception to add a big, which Pelinka could use on Drummond or perhaps Dwight if he becomes available.... AND add another shooter and veteran like Carmelo Anthony, who still hunting for a ring and playing hungry (he made 133 threes this year at a very respectable 41%.

Trez probably doesn't pick up his PO and bounces.

Maybe we re-sign Kieff and Wes for the minimums if they want to run it back. Maybe we sign a JJ Redick or a Wayne Ellington or Trevor Ariza for the vet minimum

In this scenario I can see Gasol talking himself to stay another year cause he'd be reunited with Lowry.

With some creativity and genius, we could end up being right back in the mix with a roster like

Gasol
AD
LeBron
DeRozan
Lowry

Mills, Ellington, Melo, Matthews, Drummond

Entire roster upgraded with better talent, better shooters, more battle tested veterans, and added two former All-Stars who have a chip on they shoulder and 100% hungry to win their first chip (DeRozan and Melo).

We gonna need more than 2 stars in order to beat BKN next year

Last edited:
What if....

We do a sign and trade involving Schroder and THT to make the salaries work and go out and get Kyle Lowry whom TOR also agrees to S&T to us.

Then sign Patty Mills and his average of 150 threes the last 6 yrs for the vet minimum.

We split the $9.5m midlevel exception to add a big, which Pelinka could use on Drummond or perhaps Dwight if he becomes available.... AND add another shooter and veteran like Carmelo Anthony, who still hunting for a ring and playing hungry (he made 133 threes this year at a very respectable 41%.

Maybe we re-sign Kieff and Wes for the minimums if they want to run it back. Maybe we sign a JJ Redick or a Wayne Ellington or Trevor Ariza for the vet minimum

In this scenario I can see Gasol talking himself to stay another year cause he'd be reunited with Lowry.

With some creativity and genius, we could end up being right back in the mix with a roster like

Gasol
AD
LeBron
DeRozan
Lowry

Entire roster upgraded with better talent, better shooters, more battle tested veterans, and added two former All-Stars who have a chip on they shoulder and 100% hungry to win their first chip (DeRozan and Melo).

We don't have the full mid level. We only have the mini mid which is 5 mil.

What if....

Gasol
AD
LeBron
DeRozan
Lowry

You blew waaaaaaaaaay past the hard cap with these moves (you get hard capped you receive a player in a S&T and use the full MLE).

honestly im fine with everyone coming back except for kuzma and mathews

vogel should get fired but i doubt he will

we just need shooters and a healthy bron and ad

reggie bollocks again?

thats a thin *** bench

gasol and dwight might be on their last legs by next season

What if....

Gasol
AD
LeBron
DeRozan
Lowry

So basically we go away from our crazy good defense that had the ability to scramble like crazy and be connected on a string? Lebron and AD WITH CARUSO and KCP made that happen. Replacing Caruso and kcp with mills mclemore and bullock basically eliminates that strength and you’re basically relying on them to make more 3s then points they will give up.

game 4 vs suns when mclemore played those mins. Even cam Johnson was hunting him for easy layups. Defense is KEY as long as Vogel is coach. He will ONLY go for defense first players no matter what. I’m sure he didn’t like the Harrell signing .

Back
Top Bottom