**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yeah I don't get that at all :lol:. Ingram & Randle were still the right choices at their spots. Sure we missed out on Joel&Simmons but u just gotta give the sixers props for hitting those, they out tanked us.

You could make the argument that they should've taken PorZigis/Turner/Booker over Dlo, but that's really it. And they've hit all their 2nd rounders. Can't really be mad at the scouting department.

And every year we miss out on the franchise player and the suprise player
Well if we finish top 2 this year there's two potential franchise guys at the top. And I think BI is going to end up being one as well which is all we'll end up needed and just supplement them. Although it is tough seeing KAT and Zinger doing what they're doing and I'm sure once Simmons gets to playing he's going to be a monster out the gate. 

We settled for our lottery picks but the guys we all wanted kat joel simmons etc we never get...same thing will happen this year we aint touching fultz well probably end up with ball...point being sick of the lottery

Idk what to tell you. Building a good team isn't easy. Watching players struggle through growing pains isn't very fun.

The Knicks hit with KP and even he's in a sophomore slump and battling thru growing pains. Either these players will hit or we'll keep sucking until we find one that does hit :lol:

Well if we finish top 2 this year there's two potential franchise guys at the top. And I think BI is going to end up being one as well which is all we'll end up needed and just supplement them. Although it is tough seeing KAT and Zinger doing what they're doing and I'm sure once Simmons gets to playing he's going to be a monster out the gate. 
Its very hard to see those guys killing it...praying bi turns out to be who we all think he can be

Its very hard to see those guys killing it...praying bi turns out to be who we all think he can be
Management deserves some of the blame not so much for the actual draft picks outside of 2015, but continuing to sit on their ***** and not move pieces and go all in on the tank. Like I said if they don't do it this year, they need their walking papers immediately. We've gotten really fortunate to get top 2 picks back to back. 

D'lo could possibly play on Tuesday
[emoji]128526[/emoji]
Great news, I'll be at the game too
You'll be at the game? DLo's nemesis, Mudiay, is out.

So do me a favor and tell ya boy to man up. If this clown can't ball up a 50-year old Jameer Nelson, I swear...you won't hear the end of it.

So Nance gets a pass because of a dlo quote. Got it.
You don't get it. 

Let me say it in layman's terms.

DLo has claimed the position of "team leader." DLo has already told the world that he wants his teammates to follow his lead since he, NOT Larry, is the one who has "ice in his veins."

Nance, meanwhile, is content in doing the dirty work.

Understood?

Last edited:
So it's OK for Nance to average 3 points since coming back because he's OK doing the dirty work even if it doesn't amount to wins. And that's what we need from the 'real core'. Got it.

So it's OK for Nance to average 3 points since coming back because he's OK doing the dirty work even if it doesn't amount to wins. And that's what we need from the 'real core'. Got it.
Is Nance a starter or is DLo the starter? Who plays more minutes when they're both in there? Is Nance supposed to be a scorer or is his role to rebound and defend? Is DLo supposed to be a rebounder or is DLo's primary role to get assists and score points? 

You don't get it.

I will put it in layman's terms once again. 

MORE IS EXPECTED FROM YOUR #2 PICK AND SUPPOSED STAR, D'ANGELO MF RUSSELL than a #27 pick who plays less minutes and doesn't even start and whose main role on the team is to be a defender and rebounder against opposing bench units. LOL

Understand? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Tell me what winning team had a core player that averages 3 points. If you're going to say he's better than a lotto pick then hold him to the same standards. He's been playing like **** since he came back, period. He doesn't get a pass because he's a bench player. You can't have it both ways. When he plays well he's the 'real core'. When he sucks...Oh he's just a #27 pick. Don't work like that

Last edited:
Tell me what winning team had a core player that averages 3 points. Or who does nothing but rebound. If you're going to say he's better than a lotto pick then hold him to the same standards. He's been playing like **** since he came back, period. He doesn't get a pass because he's a bench player.
The Lakers are NOT a winning team YET. Wake up and think about what I was saying about Nance-Zubac-Ingram as the "core." Of course they ain't the core right now. But they will EMERGE as the core eventually because they have already shown flashes, the skill set, the effort levels, the energy, and the ability to read the floor and make plays that are impressive.

Wait til they start making the playoffs, Nance gonna be putting up Robert Horry-Udonis Haslem-Nance Sr. numbers.

And oh BTW....I bet you don't remember the damage Nance did LAST YEAR AS A ROOKIE when Byron demoted Randle to the bench? Here...lemme refresh your memory 

11.8 points, 10.5 rebounds AS A STARTER. Marinate on that homie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom