**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yet damn near every game the bench outscores DLo's starting unit. These numbers don't lie either.

And how many times has Luke benched DLo in the fourth quarter this year again? What we've seen with our own eyes don't lie either.

Finally, how can you deny DLo's lackluster effort levels and piss poor energy level he displays on the court night in night out? That's don't lie either.

It's not all about the stats. DLo's numbers are respectable, don't get me wrong. 14 ppg, 4 boards, and 4.5 assists isn't bad at all. But here's the kicker - what makes a complete basketball player who effectively contributes to the team entails having BOTH the numbers and the intangibles. DLo is missing the other parts of the game that can make him a completely balanced basketball player who can HELP LEAD this team to success.

Look at Brook Lopez. Dude averages 20 ppg. But why do the Nets continue to be bottom feeders? Because this talented 7-footer doesn't rebound, doesn't block shots, and doesn't protect the paint. So how effectively is Lopez really playing? Is he really affecting the outcome of games on a consistent basis and being the type of player his team needs in order for the Nets to be successful?

Hell no, because Lopez doesn't possess the intangibles and he doesn't play with max effort each game. Dude is one-dimensional, like DLo has been exhibiting thus far.

For all the points he scores, Lopez for the life of him can't get on the All-Star team in a conference whose best centers would be stomped on daily if they played in the 90-00s. lol
1. Point differential is more important than just amount of points scored. So the bench scoring more isnt that telling. Btw fwiw most players/lineups perform better with Dlo on the court than when hes off it.

2.  I agree that DLos numbers are pedestrian (his greatest contribution is his effect on other players more so than him having the individual numbers-- which makes it hard to see his impact directly). I also agree with his lack of effort on a consistent basis. He could easily be putting up way better numbers on both ends of the court. So I do believe he can do better and that is extremely frustrating. Understandable

3. I guess where we disagree the most is that I dont believe in condemning Dlo everyday for his lack of effort and using it to say he will never be great. After next year I think we'll have a clearer idea of where DLo is really headed. I am patient enough to wait and optimistic enough to believe he can change.

Magic are looking for a proven wing scorer....

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4937/the-2016-17-nba-all-no-trade-team

Lou Will + Luol + One of the two - 2nds we got for Calderon, and a future protected 2nd
-For-
Jeff Green + Jodie Meeks

Both are expiring deals... Also they have an ability to play Deng a lot at the 4 because they are planning on trading Vucevic, for what would likely end up being a guard..

Do that, and we have enough space for a 6+ year max, 0-6 max, on top of the pick if we were to keep it

Last edited:
Damn, whip turned on Randle too
So far it's been:
Hate hate hate on d'lo
And now juju gotta go too

I give it a month before he says we gotta ship out BI cause he's not dominating
2 months before he says Fire Luke

Last edited:
Management isn't trading Deng anytime soon, and it has nothing to do with competence, or a lack thereof. You don't sign a guy to a multi-year deal and then actively try to move him 6 months later. Especially a guy like Deng, who by all accounts is a really good dude. You do something like this, and players and their agents will actively avoid you - even more so than they already do.

At the very least, Deng will be here for one more full season. Only way that doesn't happen is if he approaches the front office and asks to be moved.

Last edited:
Management isn't trading Deng anytime soon, and it has nothing to do with competence, or a lack thereof. You don't sign a guy to a multi-year deal and then actively try to move him 6 months later. Especially a guy like Deng, who by all accounts is a really good dude. You do something like this, and players and their agents will actively avoid you - even more so than they already do.

At the very least, Deng will be here for one more full season. Only way that doesn't happen is if he approaches the front office and asks to be moved.

Deng knew what he was doing when $igned here.
You move him if you approach him and he understands why he's being moved
Trading deng means he'll land in a better situation ( possibly a contender And at his age he'd appreciate competing for a ring while eating his cake )
Maybe even end up playing for a coach who really loves him ....

There have been players signed in the offseason then traded the same year, why do you think ppl bookmark December. Sometimes it's just not a good fit or the team is in turmoil and just goes in a different direction.

Last big deal moved that was signed in the same season that I can recall was Tobias Harris ( Orl- Det)
But that surely stopped agents/players taking money from them right

Last edited:
The only people that have December bookmarked are fans that enjoy playing make believe.

Deng isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

And if you're going to suggest that something like this doesn't affect the way free agents perceive you, then you might want to use a better example than the Orlando Magic. Since trading Tobias, their notable free agent acquisitions are Jeff Green, Biyombo, Augustine, Damjan Rudez, and CJ Watson.

Lakers were also trying to get Biyombo this past summer as well not sure what point you're trying to make. Deng needs to go, sooner rather than later as the deal only looks worse as he ages even more. Same for Mosgov. The leadership he and Mosgov were supposed to bring is clearly not there as well as no production.

The only people that have December bookmarked are fans that enjoy playing make believe.

Deng isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

And if you're going to suggest that something like this doesn't affect the way free agents perceive you, then you might want to use a better example than the Orlando Magic. Since trading Tobias, their notable free agent acquisitions are Jeff Green, Biyombo, Augustine, Damjan Rudez, and CJ Watson.

My point is that, it's the nature of the business
Agents get you paid, that's their job...you think they're gonna tell their clients not to sign with a team throwing multi-million dollar deals cause they might end up being traded...bruh, that's life in the NBA...in any sport really

Last edited:
Damn, whip turned on Randle too
So far it's been:
Hate hate hate on d'lo
And now juju gotta go too

I give it a month before he says we gotta ship out BI cause he's not dominating
2 months before he says Fire Luke
WRONG. You weren't reading. 

Reminder:  BI gets a pass his ROOKIE YEAR just like Randle and Hollywood did.

Luke is fine.

Jackson is the real deal and will be better suited for the NBA than Monk, who imo is overrated and will be a mediocre player in the league.

Jackson and Fultz will easily both go in the top 3 

Last edited:
Last night's hot shooting aside, I don't know about Jackson's jumper.

Last edited:
Jackson reminds me of McLemore. Dude can't shoot a lick in college.

Top 3 prospects are universally thought to be Fultz/Ball/Jackson right?

Probably won't be on the Lakers radar, but I've been watching a lot of Johnathan Issac & Idk who he would defend in the NBA, but I like his game. He's like a better version of Brandon Ingram.

Not sold on Fox, Monk, or Tatum to be considered in the top 3. Giles doesn't look like the same player since his injuries. Id be weary of him. Im a huge fan of Dennis Smith tho :nerd:

Random, but the player I really want on the Lakers is Luke Kennard. Love that ************'s game.

Last edited:
I don't think I would spend a top three pick on Markkanen, but I would entertain trading down and picking up an asset along the way.

He would open up the floor for everyone.

Last edited:
Didn't know much about him but he really showed out against UCLA.

While I would hesitate to draft him in the top 3 (defensive concerns are a *****), he would be interesting to pair with the core.

Y'all crazy. Just wait til he gets to the pros.

Jason Kidd couldn't shoot a lick in college either and ended up being among the leaders in career three pointers made, 7th all time.

Derek Fisher couldn't shoot a lick in college either and you all know how that ended up.

Scottie Pippen couldn't shoot a lick in college either and he did just fine as his game evolved in the pros.

Like I keep saying, you people always love to believe what "the numbers" say and choose to ignore intangibles. Jackson, in spite of his low percentage in threes, was AGGRESSIVE against a tough Kentucky team ON THE ROAD in a huge game. Dude stepped UP when it counted most, while Monk stepped DOWN. 

Not to mention, all Monk does is shoot from the outside. Jackson, on the other hand, is a more COMPLETE player and is a TWO-WAY player unlike Monk. Jackson rebounds, scores, defends, blocks shots, drives to the bucket, creates plays for teammates, and can knock down the occasional three. Y'all ain't paying enough attention. Jackson reminds me of Pippen and Grant Hill in a way.

For all the scoring and outside shooting Buddy Hield did last season, how has that translated to the pro game? What about Jimmer Fredette and Nick Stauskas, or even J.J. Redick? These are all one-way players.

I don't care what Jackson does against garbage teams in college. He can shoot 20% from downtown all he wants. Those garbage teams ain't sending anyone to the pros. But when you watch what he does against top competition, he does very well.

vs #1 Duke - 15 pts, 7-9 shooting, 50% from downtown.

vs #18 West Virginia - 22 pts, 7-12 shooting, 4-4 from downtown.

vs #4 Kentucky - 20 pts, 10 reb, 9-17 shooting, 40% from downtown

vs. Kansas St, which is right outside the top 25 - 22 pts, 9 reb, 6 asts, 60% shooting

I'll take Jackson's averages of 16 ppg, 7 boards, 3 assists, 1.2 blks, 1.6 stls, 50% shooting, 33% threes in 29 min over Monk's 21.7 pts, 2 asts, 2 rebs, 1 steal, and 39% threes in 31 min all day.

Last edited:
Dude shoots 53% from the free throw line. Monk's 40% with high volume > Jackson and specifically his fit for this team as constructed. You can't just cherry pick games.

Dude shoots 53% from the free throw line. Monk's 40% with high volume > Jackson and specifically his fit for this team as constructed. You can't just cherry pick games.
We'll save this argument for this time next year and I'll remember to reference both Monk's and Jackson's performances as NBA players.

That's when we'll determine what difference Jackson's 53% shooting from the stripe and Monk's 39% from three make at the pro level.

In fact, let's see come March how Jackson and Monk both do when each game is an elimination game, and which player is able to lead his respective team further in the tourney. IMO, Kansas advances farther than Kentucky does.

Last edited:
We'll save this argument for this time next year and I'll remember to reference both Monk's and Jackson's performances as NBA players.

That's when we'll determine what difference Jackson's 53% shooting from the stripe and Monk's 39% from three make at the pro level.

In fact, let's see come March how Jackson and Monk both do when each game is an elimination game, and which player is able to lead his respective team further in the tourney. IMO, Kansas advances farther than Kentucky does.

Has a whole lot to do with nothing. Jah won the chip and KAT went out before him in the tourney, what bering did that have on them as league players?

Last edited:

Has a whole lot to do with nothing. Jah won the chip and KAT went out before him in the tourney, what bering did that have on them as league players?
Did I say Jackson was going to win the chip this year? I merely said Jackson will most likely lead his team further in the tourney. Your Jah-KAT argument has a whole lot to do with nada. But since you wanna go there...

Carmelo won the chip while college sharpshooter deluxe Kirk Hinrich lost. And how has Hinrich's NBA career gone compared to Melo's?

In 2011, Kemba Walker won the chip and Butler sensation Shelvin Mack lost. How is Mack's NBA career in comparison to Kemba's thus far? Lol

The argument goes both ways bruh.

At the end of the day, my first statement still stands. When both enter the NBA, let's see who does better. Jackson has a more varied skill set and can do more things and thus is far more NBA ready imo than Monk.

Last edited:

Why not just throw out what the barbershop thinks
The ol eyeball test

Back
Top Bottom