**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Why does 47% keep getting associated with the percentage to keep our pick if we finish 2nd worst? Every site I look at online has that as the % for the 3rd worst record and 55.8% for the 2nd worst to keep their top 3 pick. Am I missing something?

Why does 47% keep getting associated with the percentage to keep our pick if we finish 2nd worst? Every site I look at online has that as the % for the 3rd worst record and 55.8% for the 2nd worst to keep their top 3 pick. Am I missing something?
I don't know where he's getting that number either.

The percentages are as follows:

At number 2 the chances of getting the 1st pick is 19.9%, 2nd pick is 18.81%, and the 3rd pick is 17.12% add all those together and it's 55.8% if we're the lone team at number 2. If another squad ties us for that 2 spot the percentages do dip a bit. 

We need a First Take youtube edition of the thread, Whip would do numbers.

Sixers all hype tho, still can't believe ppl thought he got cheated out of the All-Star spot

Ingram-while struggling will be bonafide as will the top 2 pick in Fultz/Ball. D'Lo and Randle as supplemental pieces will be just fine. 

If Russell had two games in a row with 0 points, the things that would be said by you and others in this thread would be very different.

Sixers all hype tho, still can't believe ppl thought he got cheated out of the All-Star spot
Whip doesn't watch first take he's a undisputed watcher

Whip doesn't watch first take he's a undisputed watcher
Wrong.

Max knows his ****

And there's nothing better than watching Stephen A. ride Floyd like a stripper on a 15-foot pole at Barbary Coast

Last edited:
I think DLo is hurt but Lakers are keeping it low-key
That's why the ****** play from him and lost confidence, would'nt be surprised if he had a offseason surgery.

Dudes is comparing fuji green apples and harvest red talking bout the difference between the shows.

If Russell had two games in a row with 0 points, the things that would be said by you and others in this thread would be very different.

shhhhhh (not only that, he was -45 against the Mavs 3 game ago... that has to be a record :lol: )

and for the he's 19 give Ingram time crowd.. Russ wasn't this bad at 19 and y'all wanna take his head off at 20 so I hope u treat BI the same way next year.

but we all know the real reason. Hollywood Russell with his eyebrows claims to be the GOAT while Ingram permanently looks like he smoked 1000 blunts and never talks :rolleyes

For the record, I still believe in Ingram. I'm just speaking on the hypocrisy..

Last edited:
Is there anyone out there that still thinks Nance is better than Randle?

Yes.

Nance knowing his limitations and embracing being a key role player >>>>> Julius thinking he's Draymond Green.

I might actually cry tears of joy the day I see him hunting for stats on another team.

And let's not even mention his ****** body language. Dude needs to go.

You wanna know why Luke gives Ingram more minutes than DLo?

Wanna know why Ingram most likely won't be criticized as much as DLo in spite of having two straight 0-point games?

EFFORT. Dude is out there busting his butt and being aggressive on both sides of the ball each and every game. Dude isn't fazed if he's having a bad game, he still goes out and tries to help in OTHER FACETS even if his shot isn't falling.

If people were seeing DLo give the same amount of fire, effort, and hustle as Ingram, I'm 100% positive DLo wouldn't receive as much criticism as he's been getting this season. DLo has set himself up for failure by not walking the talk.

Is there anyone out there that still thinks Nance is better than Randle?
Yes.

Nance knowing his limitations and embracing being a key role player >>>>> Julius thinking he's Draymond Green.

I might actually cry tears of joy the day I see him hunting for stats on another team.

And let's not even mention his ****** body language. Dude needs to go.
Concurred. 

Randle is just like Russell. He'll give you flashes of being a potential star, but for the most part is wildly inconsistent. And what really ticks me off is his body language and demeanor when things are going bad on the floor. Instead of uplifting his teammates by playing harder and being one of the leaders on the floor, he sulks and walks with his head down. Randle imho is really weak mentally, and it will hamper him throughout his career. It's nothing new for Julius, he's always been that way.

img24518495.jpg

More below.

You'd think the Lakers scouts would have noticed the signs in college. Randle was NEVER that big-game type of guy and not even the great Calipari (and his lame excuses) could have fixed it. IMO, Randle ain't wired to be the kind of player the Lakers need him to be and is why the Lakers need to ship him out with Russell sooner than later.

Check this out, this article will make your day:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ticeably-out-of-character-in-title-game-loss/

"Sounds good, like so many things Calipari says, but it doesn't add up. Because whatever happened to Julius Randle -- what Calipari, by defending Randle, was confirming happened to Randle -- didn't happen to James Young. Didn't happen to Andrew or Aaron Harrison. Didn't happen to Dakari Johnson or Alex Poythress.

It happened only to Julius Randle.

Maybe someday he'll tell us why."

Last edited:
I mean, yeah I guess,

but I don't care what kind of "effort" you choose to see out of Ingram, and "Effort" that you choose not to see out of D'Lo, or whatever other non tangible metric you use to discriminate against D'Lo.

Anytime your prized rookie, who you call the future, is posting a barely 7 PER, back to back 0 pt games,(since you like to measure D'Lo on a game to game basis), has a TS% of .448, then he warrrants just as much, if not more criticism than D'Lo. For Christ Sake, Anthony Bennet's PER was a friggin 7 and his TS% was like .43% as a rookie. Ingram is young as hell, but so is D'Lo and if you don't take into account D'lo's youth, then you can't put too much stock into BI's youth either.

I'm not saying BI isn't good or doesn't show flashes, all i'm saying is In my opinion, to criticize D'Lo at every turn, and not mention how awful Ingram has been, is not fair.

Just my opinion, and i'm sure other Laker fans would disagree and that's cool. (I like Ingram, btw...a lot)

Last edited:

I mean, yeah I guess,

but I don't care what kind of "effort" you choose to see out of Ingram, and "Effort" that you choose not to see out of D'Lo, or whatever other non tangible metric you use to discriminate against D'Lo.

Anytime your prized rookie, who you call the future, is posting a barely 7 PER, back to back 0 pt games,(since you like to measure D'Lo on a game to game basis), has a TS% of .448, then he warrrants just as much, if not more criticism than D'Lo. For Christ Sake, Anthony Bennet's PER was a friggin 7 and his TS% was like .43% as a rookie. Ingram is young as hell, but so is D'Lo and if you don't take into account D'lo's youth, then you can't put too much stock into BI's youth either.

I'm not saying BI isn't good or doesn't show flashes, all i'm saying is In my opinion, to criticize D'Lo at every turn, and not mention how awful Ingram has been, is not fair.

Just my opinion, and i'm sure other Laker fans would disagree and that's cool. (I like Ingram, btw...a lot)
Like I said, Ingram is a ROOKIE. He gets a pass this year as the first year is always going to be the most difficult year in terms of adjusting to the game for any rookie in the NBA, let alone a 19[year old. Which is why DLo got a pass from me last year, and why Randle also got a pass from me his first full year.

Criticism for Ingram will happen NEXT YEAR. If by this time next year, Ingram still has a PER of 7, best believe you won't hear the end of it from me regarding his non-improving play.

All of this, however, doesn't change the fact that there is a reason (or two, or three) that Ingram The Rook plays more minutes than both Randle and DLo. And why Ingram seems to be on the floor closing out games in the 4th quarter as a rookie while DLo is on the bench watching. 

If you put little stock in "effort," then how come Luke Walton always mentions it in damn near every post game interview after a loss?

Last edited:

Like I said, Ingram is a ROOKIE. He gets a pass this year as the first year is always going to be the most difficult year in terms of adjusting to the game for any rookie in the NBA, let alone a 19[year old. Which is why DLo got a pass from me last year, and why Randle also got a pass from me his first full year.

Criticism for Ingram will happen NEXT YEAR. If by this time next year, Ingram still has a PER of 7, best believe you won't hear the end of it from me regarding his non-improving play.
But fam, do you know how many rookies who start out this bad, go on to be All star level players?

It's virtually none. Like, IMO yes he's a rookie but if his floor is this bad, where do you think he ends up at his peak? All star? (Legit asking / probing, I don't know personally)

Conversely, you could make the opposite case with D'Lo. He compares pretty solidly to some really good players when you look at D'Lo's age + production.

I don't hear anything about how concerning Ingram has been to you, only ******** on D'Lo. Some of it is warranted for D'Lo for sure, but to turn a blind eye to how bad Ingram has been is just not fair / right.

To each it's own though.

But fam, do you know how many rookies who start out this bad, go on to be All star level players?

It's virtually none. Like, IMO yes he's a rookie but if his floor is this bad, where do you think he ends up at his peak? All star? (Legit asking / probing, I don't know personally)

Conversely, you could make the opposite case with D'Lo. He compares pretty solidly to some really good players when you look at D'Lo's age + production.

I don't hear anything about how concerning Ingram has been to you, only ******** on D'Lo. Some of it is warranted for D'Lo for sure, but to turn a blind eye to how bad Ingram has been is just not fair / right.

To each it's own though.
First of all it's NOT none.

Look up Rashard Lewis, Michael Redd, Allan Houston, Ricky Pierce, and Draymond Green - all of these players had a PER of between 3 and 9 their rookie years yet played in multiple All-Star games later in their careers.

Now does that mean Ingram will be an All-Star? No. He may or may not be. But one thing is for sure - he's a TWO-WAY PLAYER, which is very valuable in this league. He's already shown flashes of maturity on the floor with the way he plays the game. He's got an obvious skill set in several facets of the game. And most importantly, his effort level is not lacking. Which lets me know the kid not only has a varied skill set, but is also COACHABLE as he continues to improve his game at the NBA level. This in itself makes him a valuable piece, whether or not he becomes a star or just a solid piece.

Same can be said for Larry Nance. When Randle was demoted to the bench last year and Byron inserted Nance into the starting lineup, how did the rookie Nance respond? Well, he only averaged 11.8 points and 10.5 rebounds a game, playing in a lineup with Kobe. This let me know that Nance is the type of player that can still thrive in a certain role, be effective, and can play really well with a superstar around him.

As far as Hollywood is concerned, he puts up good numbers based on his age. However, he is even more inconsistent this year than he was last year. And that's bad news because it doesn't show signs that he's improving, not to mention his effort level for the most part is lackluster. 

Wanna know why I have no issues with Ingram THIS YEAR when he's scoring zero points or going 3-18 shooting? I will repeat...because he's a ROOKIE. You're gonna have to wait until next season to hear Ingram criticism from me whether anyone likes it or not. And if Ingram regresses next year and is just as inconsistent with little effort, best believe I'll be tearing him apart just like I do DLo and Randle.

Last edited:

Always good to chat with you bro, even if there are times we don't agree. I know we all have our own opinions here, but one thing I appreciate about you is that you don't resort to calling people "clown" or other names just because there is a disagreement of opinion.

Good play.
100 bro, feelings are mutual.

Back
Top Bottom