**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Naw bro...the Lakers are an embarrassment and you know it, don't deny it, and accept the fact DLo & Randle only give you 50%.

If there's anything I'm rooting for, it's for them to give 100% every game and then we can see what they can really bring to the table. The problem is, both of them ain't doing it, they're playing dumb and dumber each game, and it's turned into a flat out pathetic joke.

Last edited:

Naw bro...the Lakers are an embarrassment and you know it, don't deny it, and accept the fact DLo & Randle only give you 50%.

If there's anything I'm rooting for, it's for them to give 100% every game and then we can see what they can really bring to the table. The problem is, both of them ain't doing it, they're playing dumb and dumber each game, and it's turned into a flat out pathetic joke.
Lakers been a joke before either of them put on the uniform for the first time. 

Lakers been a joke before either of them put on the uniform for the first time. 
If they were a "joke" during Kobe's last couple years, then what you're seeing now is even worse. They've become the laughingstock and doormat Clippers of the NBA.

Not with the kind of effort they be putting out on a nightly basis. That's not Laker material and you know it.
Man hush I've seriously grown tired of your hyperbole. They don't need to be stars or superstars if the season plays out and we keep our pick. Brandon, Zu, and that pick can and will be the foundation pieces since we won't get value for D'Lo/Randle as they are so terrible. 

Not with the kind of effort they be putting out on a nightly basis. That's not Laker material and you know it.
Man hush I've seriously grown tired of your hyperbole. They don't need to be stars or superstars if the season plays out and we keep our pick. Brandon, Zu, and that pick can and will be the foundation pieces since we won't get value for D'Lo/Randle as they are so terrible. 
Oh best believe the Lakers can acquire "value" for DLo and Randle.

Sure, the lines are burning up at trying to acquire them right now...oh wait, they aren't. Whether you like it or not we're stuck with them given their deals and lack of production. 

Sure, the lines are burning up at trying to acquire them right now...oh wait, they aren't. Whether you like it or not we're stuck with them given their deals and lack of production. 
You'll see what I mean once the Lakers rid themselves of both of them within the next couple years. Could even happen sooner 
wink.gif

Last edited:

You'll see what I mean once the Lakers rid themselves of both of them within the next couple years. Could even happen sooner 
wink.gif
And when they're still here I hope we don't have to see you ever again. 
And if they're not here by the time their rookie contracts expire, are you gonna disappear?

Don't be upset just cuz I don't want those two clowns on the team, what's wrong with you boi!!

Last edited:

And if they're not here by the time their rookie contracts expire, are you gonna disappear?

Don't be upset just cuz I don't want those two clowns on the team, what's wrong with you boi!!
We don't want one clown in this thread, but that's the tangled webs we've got to weave right now unfortunately. 

I'll stay since I contribute more here than a singular vendetta every single time I post. 

If Dlo has the same game by the end of next year, I'm done with him

But for now I want to see how he finishes the season and improves next year

And I don't think he has the body type to battle NBA 2 guards so getting Fultz and shifting Dlo to SG won't work to me

I actually believe FO will trade him if they draft a guard

Last edited:

We don't want one clown in this thread, but that's the tangled webs we've got to weave right now unfortunately. 

I'll stay since I contribute more here than a singular vendetta every single time I post. 
So just because my opinions about DLo and Randle are negative for the most part, I'm all of a sudden a clown? What, only positive comments about DLo and Randle are allowed on this thread? I get it, you feel good about yourself when you see people agree with your tank crusade.

LMFAO...don't let it get to your head boi!

Whip just quoted Brand Nubian

For real tho, we all know where everyone stands on the Dlo debate, let's just chill with the daily rhetoric

Last edited:
So here's the deal. I'm not as patient as 99.9% of you.

This year is the year I expect DLo to make a statement and prove Byron wrong. He did all that talk during the offseason and so far has underachieved. 

Injuries are NOT an excuse because his injuries were super minor. Kobe would never have missed those games. But of course, this is DLo, sore knees and all.

He has til the end of this year to MAKE AN IMPRESSION. I'm already done with him but if the Lakers give him more time and he is still on the roster by October 30, he will likely have until next year's trade deadline to prove he is worthy of wearing the purple and gold. Same can be said for Julius.

If there is no significant improvement in on-court performance and effort within one year AND Mitch/Jim still continue to express their desire to keep him, my focus will then be re-directed to bashing Laker management.

So just because my opinions about DLo and Randle are negative for the most part, I'm all of a sudden a clown? What, only positive comments about DLo and Randle are allowed on this thread? I get it, you feel good about yourself when you see people agree with your tank crusade.

Nah it's just the other people who have criticisms of D'Lo, Randle, Ingram or whatever else don't post the same thing 99% of the time. Your like a spam email account that won't go away. We get it, you hate them both and want them traded as soon as possible. Move onto something else please.

Last edited:

Nah it's just the other people who have criticisms of D'Lo, Randle, Ingram or whatever else don't post the same thing 99% of the time. Your like a spam email account that won't go away. We get it, you hate them both and want them traded as soon as possible. Move onto something else please.
Sure thing Tankmode.

Tell me why you're so sure the Lakers will end up with a top 3 pick when they only have a 47% chance of securing their pick if they finish with the second worst record in the league? What if the Lakers lose the pick and give it to Philly? And above all, what if the Lakers are unable to sign anyone of significance with their free agent money? Then what?

Lakers will be stuck with no draft pick, no free agent acquisition, and will likely end up with the same damn roster to start the 2017-18 season and the best free agent signing they end up with is Taj Gibson. What good did the tanking do for them at that point? At that point, do you suggest they tank again in 2018? LOL

Enlighten us.

Last edited:
Watching PHI vs HOU right now and Embiid has completely altered the nature of the game for the Sixers and its opponents. Because "The Process" is a THREAT and because he commands a double team, it instantly makes guys such as Ilyasova, McConnell, Stauskas, Covington, etc BETTER.

That's what you call a FRANCHISE player.

It's sad to think there's nobody on the Lakers roster that can make a similar impact.

At this point, the phrase "Trust The Process" only applies to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Last edited:
We have a bunch of very young talented players, maybe none of them will be an elite perennial all star like KAT or others

But maybe one of them does. Then we'll be straight

Since @Mamba MVP  doesn't seem to  have an answer to the questions below....maybe someone on Team Tank can enlighten me. After all, damn near everyone here is hell bent on tanking. So I'd like to know from the tanking experts...

Tell me why you're so sure the Lakers will end up with a top 3 pick when they only have a 47% chance of securing their pick if they finish with the second worst record in the league?

What if the Lakers lose the pick and give it to Philly?

And above all, what if the Lakers are unable to sign anyone of significance with their free agent money? Then what?

Lakers will be stuck with no draft pick, no free agent acquisition, and will likely end up with the same damn roster to start the 2017-18 season and the best free agent signing they end up with is a Taj Gibson.

What good did the tanking do for them at that point?

Will you then suggest they tank again in 2018?

Why I'm sure/confident it's we did it just last year.

But it is a possibility that we lose the pick, in that event, there's likely to be an regime change in management (may end up happening even if we keep it) and we roll with this squad for next year hoping they improve. We won't need to tank cause we'll own our 2018 pick, and will likely still be bad enough to get another high one. As for the roster; losing the pick actually decreases the possibility for them moving D'Lo or Randle exponentially.

Tanking is beneficial for this year because technically we'd not be only saving our 2017 1st rd pick but our 2019 1st rd pick as well as it goes to 2 second rounders to Orlando should we keep this year's pick. That pick will also be valuable in any potential deal going forward should they decide to make one.

We have to build through the draft no shortcuts around it, just how the landscape of the league is. So either these guys will show up and out for us or they'll play well enough to possibly package for a star since free agency is very limited. The Laker brand doesn't mean anything anymore.

Why I'm sure/confident it's we did it just last year.

But it is a possibility that we lose the pick, in that event, there's likely to be an regime change in management (may end up happening even if we keep it) and we roll with this squad for next year hoping they improve. We won't need to tank cause we'll own our 2018 pick, and will likely still be bad enough to get another high one. As for the roster; losing the pick actually decreases the possibility for them moving D'Lo or Randle exponentially.

Tanking is beneficial for this year because technically we'd not be only saving our 2017 1st rd pick but our 2019 1st rd pick as well as it goes to 2 second rounders to Orlando should we keep this year's pick. That pick will also be valuable in any potential deal going forward should they decide to make one.

We have to build through the draft no shortcuts around it, just how the landscape of the league is. So either these guys will show up and out for us or they'll play well enough to possibly package for a star since free agency is very limited. The Laker brand doesn't mean anything anymore.
The problem with your response is that everything about it is centered on "HOPING."

Hoping we keep the pick. Hoping we draft Fultz if we get the pick. Hoping DLo and Randle play well enough so that we can package them for a star in the future. 

Just because LAL tanked last year and got the #2 pick, doesn't mean they will get a top 3 pick again, let alone for the third straight year. Remember, we were lucky with the number 2 in 2015 as we basically switched spots with PHI. I believe either NY or PHI had better odds than the Lakers in getting the number 2 pick in 2015. We got LUCKY.

You think the Lakers gonna get lucky again for the second time in three years? Not sure about that one buddy. All I know is this: all of you team tank members can only HOPE we get lucky once again. 

Face it, the odds are against the Lakers that they will hold on to the pick. The math says they have less than a 50% chance. Which means, it doesn't look good.

And there ain't no rulebook that says the Lakers "HAVE TO" build through the draft just because the Sixers and Wolves are doing it. Those teams got GEMS. The Lakers on the other hand didn't pick gems. And just because the Warriors "build through the draft" doesn't mean the Lakers will have similar success and that they must do the same. Curry is a once in a generation talent who wasn't even picked in the top 5!! So in other words, you can say the Warriors LUCKED OUT without even realizing it. Thompson wasn't a top 5 pick either. And neither was Draymond. My point: half the time, you're HOPING to get lucky in the draft and more often than not, it won't pan out for you.

Like I've been saying all along, the Lakers have to go with what's in front of them and ACT AGGRESSIVELY. They know that other teams still may believe DLo and Randle have an upside, or that they can potentially turn into something solid. That's their value at this point. I, on the other hand, don't believe this. But Mitch and Jim are being shortsighted if they actually believe these two players have all kinds of upside. 

Maybe it's a ploy to further lead other GM's into believing that Randle and Russell can actually be great, hench building up their perceived value so they can get max value in return. Who knows? At the end of the day, the Lakers best chance is NOT to tank and instead be aggressive in the trade market and get as much for these two players as they can before more time goes by and Randle/Russell prove that they're not as good as advertised.

The Lakers have to conjure up the balls to take that risk.

Because if it turns out by 2018-2019 that Randle and DLo end up being scrubs, at that point the Lakers will get absolutely NOTHING in return. At least right now, they'd still be able to get a solid player if they package the perceived potential of Russell and Randle as the selling points in a deal.

Last edited:
I am hoping, but that's still more of a reality than your ludicrous fantasy trades.

As for tanking I'm not going to press my beliefs on anyone. I laid out the benefits of doing so for the immediate and long term future.

Also LA didn't tank last year, they were just awful like they are again this year. If management does actually try and sell off the vets then that will be a sign they are actually trying to maximize the chances of keeping this pick.

Just for ***** and giggles, what would fetch more in a potential trade? D'Lo and Randle alone or D'Lo/Randle and a 1st rd pick?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom