**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

In his first summer league vs lesser talent, many observers said he was slower than expected
He's more of a slow methodical PG who can pick you apart with a screen. I just hope he gets more savvy because he'll never be the attacking penetrating type

In order to be "savvy" in this league when you have physical limitations as a guard, you gotta have John Stockton-type toughness if you want to be successful. 

DLo ain't wired like that.

Last edited:
In his first summer league vs lesser talent, many observers said he was slower than expected
He's more of a slow methodical PG who can pick you apart with a screen. I just hope he gets more savvy because he'll never be the attacking penetrating type

A soft Sam Cassell

A soft Sam Cassell
Great analogy. Sam's grit, moxie, and toughness is what gave him his edge and allowed him to be a valuable player on every team he played for in spite of his limited athleticism.

Last edited:
Always grew up rooting for the underdogs....Wanted the Jazz to beat Mike as a shorty. I hate Karl Malone though. Then I enjoyed the AK-47 era....then I was a big Deron Williams fan :smh:......and Sloan was my guy. Utah just kept drafting players I liked :lol:

But most recent of all..... the Jazz went out and drafted White Gordon Hayward. A legend in the making. What he did in college.....and almost did to Duke made me a big time fan. So seeing him flourish on a team I've liked since a youngin is fun to watch.

Now I'm reading the Lakers are trying to snatch him up :smh:. Gordon damn sure ain't going to LA.

But on some real ****. Lakers really shouldn't be sweating losing games.

Maybe because I come from rooting for teams that occasionally are good...and occasionally in the lottery, I have a better perspective and patience on these situations.

Our fanbase as a whole has never had to experience this so I do understand the trepidation of certain parts. I was one of the guys who was fine giving up some of the core for a Boogie, Westbrook, or PG13 and if we do keep this pick I'm still open top the possibility given the new CBA parameters it may be the only way for us to acquire one, but it is what it is. I don't hold it against them for wanting to see something to give them hope, it's not like we have the Wolves core or anybody even of Embiid's caliber that has shown that so it's understandable.

It's will be 4 years now that we haven't made the playoffs and you got dudes in here saying it may take another 3-4 years to even see the fruits of this labor, that's a tough sell especially to the people who buy tickets. That Sacramento Kings territory.

Sam I Am as a rookie could get buckets with ease. Finished 4th quarters for Houston in the finals

Who here wants to see Doormat Lakers game after game at Staples for the next 3-5 years waiting, er hoping, for these guys to develop? Surely not the thousands of loyal Lakers fans who spend big sums of hard earned money for season tickets every year. They want to see a team who is ultra competitive every night. A team that has players who play with max effort. That's why Lakers fans appreciated the '93-'96 Lakers (pre-Shaq). Those guys busted their butts every night and we got the most out of them in spite of not having a bonafide superstar.

We ain't got time to keep tanking and keep putting up 20-win seasons. There has to be a sense of urgency 'round here, and I'm confident Mitch, Jim, and Jeanie will do the right thing and make the moves they need to make in order to give fans the type of quality roster they deserve.

Last edited:

:nerd:

Edit:

Excuses were made for D'Lo last year as well. There's one dude in here that's taking to the extreme.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE
essential1 essential1

Mamba, Pmatic and a few other posters seem to be the most rational and level headed lakers fans.

Everybody should be on board with team tank....and looking for a real franchise PG.

There are a few of them in this draft that either make D-lo expendable....or slide him to the 2.

If my Nuggets don't make the playoffs and somehow get a top 4 pick.....Mudiay gon have to sit this one out :lol:
I'm a self-described D'Lo stan.

Last edited:
Not too high on Zubac (not too high on many centers tbh) but if there's basically no drop off between him nd Mozgov I'm rocking wit buddy

If you told me Mozgov's agent could turn water into wine, I'd believe you

Again it appears to be more so of a confidence issue with him.

Not saying it's not harder for him to get to the bucket than a Dame or Westbrook, it most certainly would be, but there's some success for him on drives..

He takes 1.0 FTA per game on drives, out of 3.6 drives per game.... 1.0 FTs per game is tied for 39th among guards who have played 15 or more games and 15 or more minutes (criteria I used so I'm not getting a guy who has played a couple games, or 1 game and 2 minutes and got fouled on a drive)... When you look at the guys he ties with for FTA per game on drives... He's there with Steph who drives 5.9x, Lavine 4.4x, Tyler Johnson 4.9x, E. Gordon 4.9x, Cory Joseph 5.5x

In terms of Points % on drives, he's 15th at 79.5% (same criteria), CJ McCollum is at 79.8%, Lou at 82.3%. 85.6% for Dame.

And he ironically doesn't pass on drives very often either, so it's a lot of his drive relying on himself.... 127th out of 137 guards in Pass %. But he's 95th on assists. So there's at least a bit more success than there is amount of passing.

There's 50 guys who have a higher TO% than him, which isn't too bad.

So it's a trusting yourself, and being aggressive thing... Somebody has got to get in his ear, and say, "be aggressive, make your mistakes.. There's no consequence in games."
- What you need to do, and what I did, and do when it came to coaching was make note of it, what the problem was, and how to fix.. All of the details. And when the guy came out, or in between quarters, timeouts, at half, even after the game... Let them know what you saw, and how to fix it.
- Then after games, and in between games. You tag it, and you sit down with him specifically and watch the video.

Somebody has to tell him to get after it, in all honesty. Because from the looks of it, when you really dive into the the results, a lot of it is there... He's just tepid, and afraid of being aggressive in order to not mistakes that get him pulled.

On the idea of driving, the biggest issue other than leaping ability, is when he pulls up on the drive, he has to go straight up. When he shoots, and leans forward, it's a big reason why his shot % on drives and P&Rs go down

How does somebody become a Jazz fan though? for real. :lol: I just noticed that.

Always grew up rooting for the underdogs....Wanted the Jazz to beat Mike as a shorty. I hate Karl Malone though. Then I enjoyed the AK-47 era....then I was a big Deron Williams fan :smh:......and Sloan was my guy. Utah just kept drafting players I liked :lol:

But most recent of all..... the Jazz went out and drafted White Gordon Hayward. A legend in the making. What he did in college.....and almost did to Duke made me a big time fan. So seeing him flourish on a team I've liked since a youngin is fun to watch.

Now I'm reading the Lakers are trying to snatch him up :smh:. Gordon damn sure ain't going to LA.

But on some real ****. Lakers really shouldn't be sweating losing games.

Maybe because I come from rooting for teams that occasionally are good...and occasionally in the lottery, I have a better perspective and patience on these situations.

You was like 6 when Malone and Stockton was playing against MJ. :lol:

I'm a self-described D'Lo stan.
pimp.gif

While I somewhat defender the Mozzy signing, you know who may have been worth the wait next summer as a in-prime free agent target? Derrick Favors. No way Utah is going to be able to keep Gobert-Hayward-Hood-Hill without sacrificing Favors.

Lakers could've just made due with Tarik, Zu, Randle and a lower free agent like Dedmon.

How can you defend the Mosgov signing at all still?

OKC is in desperate need of bench scoring now with Kanter out. Robinson/Black/Lou could all be options.

We def need to trade Robinson/Lou at this point. But I know the fo is only going to make a deal if it sufficiently arouses them

Everybody knew the Noah signing was **** the moment it was announced. Horford was getting a max deal regardless he's a multiple time all star. Most thought the Mosgov deal was absurd and you can't just dismiss the timing of it but putting that aside what you've seen from him this season makes the deal look better or worse?

How can you defend the Mosgov signing at all still?

OKC is in desperate need of bench scoring now with Kanter out. Robinson/Black/Lou could all be options.
Yeah, I can't defend it at all now. :lol: I understood why they went after him, albeit for an absurd price tag.

Again it appears to be more so of a confidence issue with him.

Not saying it's not harder for him to get to the bucket than a Dame or Westbrook, it most certainly would be, but there's some success for him on drives..

He takes 1.0 FTA per game on drives, out of 3.6 drives per game.... 1.0 FTs per game is tied for 39th among guards who have played 15 or more games and 15 or more minutes (criteria I used so I'm not getting a guy who has played a couple games, or 1 game and 2 minutes and got fouled on a drive)... When you look at the guys he ties with for FTA per game on drives... He's there with Steph who drives 5.9x, Lavine 4.4x, Tyler Johnson 4.9x, E. Gordon 4.9x, Cory Joseph 5.5x

In terms of Points % on drives, he's 15th at 79.5% (same criteria), CJ McCollum is at 79.8%, Lou at 82.3%. 85.6% for Dame.

And he ironically doesn't pass on drives very often either, so it's a lot of his drive relying on himself.... 127th out of 137 guards in Pass %. But he's 95th on assists. So there's at least a bit more success than there is amount of passing.

There's 50 guys who have a higher TO% than him, which isn't too bad.

So it's a trusting yourself, and being aggressive thing... Somebody has got to get in his ear, and say, "be aggressive, make your mistakes.. There's no consequence in games."
- What you need to do, and what I did, and do when it came to coaching was make note of it, what the problem was, and how to fix.. All of the details. And when the guy came out, or in between quarters, timeouts, at half, even after the game... Let them know what you saw, and how to fix it.
- Then after games, and in between games. You tag it, and you sit down with him specifically and watch the video.

Somebody has to tell him to get after it, in all honesty. Because from the looks of it, when you really dive into the the results, a lot of it is there... He's just tepid, and afraid of being aggressive in order to not mistakes that get him pulled.

On the idea of driving, the biggest issue other than leaping ability, is when he pulls up on the drive, he has to go straight up. When he shoots, and leans forward, it's a big reason why his shot % on drives and P&Rs go down

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I will say, however, that when he drives, he doesn't "attack" the rim, or attack a big man. Almost like he's afraid of contact. Obviously, he's not athletic enough to play "above the rim", but his drives are most of the time floaters or wide open layups on broken plays where the other team's defense breaks down for whatever reason.

He has Penny Hardaway size that could be so useful if he got to the rim more.

Last edited:
MIN - Towns & Wiggins = Bonafide 1-2 punch that just needs veterans around them

PHI - Embiid = Bonafide, not to mention the magnetic personality of a superstar. "It" factor deluxe.

BOS - The Other Isaiah Thomas = super clutch and top 5 scorer in the league

PHO - Booker = already regarded as one of the best shooters in the league, 20+ consistently for the last damn near 20 games

NYK - Porzingis = Bonafide Baby Dirk

Well what about DLo & Randle?
dumb-and-dumber.jpg

Last edited:
Ingram-while struggling will be bonafide as will the top 2 pick in Fultz/Ball. D'Lo and Randle as supplemental pieces will be just fine. 

MIN - Towns & Wiggins = Bonafide 1-2 punch that just needs veterans around them

PHI - Embiid = Bonafide, not to mention the magnetic personality of a superstar. "It" factor deluxe.

BOS - The Other Isaiah Thomas = super clutch and top 5 scorer in the league

PHO - Booker = already regarded as one of the best shooters in the league, 20+ consistently for the last damn near 20 games

NYK - Porzingis = Bonafide Baby Dirk

Well what about DLo & Randle?
dumb-and-dumber.jpg
Go root for another team then

Back
Top Bottom