**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Quiet down old man nobody is caping. Just acknowledging what others outside here have said. It's not all on him or Kobe what happened last year. Especially in regards to D'Lo and the young guys considering their marginal improvement thus far.

I get you backin Kobe, not even gonna argue with you on him, but Byron. :smh:
That's pathetic. I don't care who you're speaking for outside here, anyone that tries to absolve Byron of anything is lost. Same reason Magic, Worthy, etc are all full of ****, they caped for Byron and crucified MDA. Strangely, one of them doin alright these days, but those **** tards don't say **** about it. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

[thread="654452"]aside from the young guys[/thread]
[thread="654452"] [/thread]
[thread="654452"]look at what NY is doing this year[/thread]
[thread="654452"]Lou Williams is practically having a career year[/thread]

And the young guys HAVE improved, marginal or not.

I get you backin Kobe, not even gonna argue with you on him, but Byron. :smh:
That's pathetic. I don't care who you're speaking for outside here, anyone that tries to absolve Byron of anything is lost. Same reason Magic, Worthy, etc are all full of ****, they caped for Byron and crucified MDA. Strangely, one of them doin alright these days, but those **** tards don't say **** about it. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

To be fair, people, like my self who ******* on MDA, never said he was a horrible coach in general, just a horrible coach for this team. Although I still don't think his style of play will never win a championship, I still respect what he's done for the game and the pioneer status he has.

However, he tried to fit a square peg into a circle with that Lakers lineup, and basically drove Kobe into the grave.

Last edited:

2-32 the rest of the way
roll.gif

now that's change I can believe in

And next year's team will have another 19/20 year old and no marquee free agents

the new Laker way
Getting the pick doesn't mean you have to keep another 19/20 yr old.

You get another blue chip prospect, keep our 2019 pick (which means we can trade our 2018).

So keeping the pick gives you 2 more great trade chips. 

Say we draft Fultz or Ball, suddenly trading Dlo Randle and the 2018 1st for a star doesn't sound so bad. 

And yea, if we kept the pick and drafted another 19/20 yr old I wouldn't be complaining.
If we keep our 2017, the 2018 automatically goes to Philly no matter what.

But we do get to keep our 2019 and convert 2 second rounders to Orlando.
Right, forgot that.

So even if we keep the pick we can't trade a future 1st till 2020?

Last edited:
What has MDA done that's so great, when he's had players to fit his system he's always had regular season success. The issue was and still is when he doesn't he's stubborn and won't adjust. The Rockets are tailor made for his success, we weren't in 2013 when he was hired and we damn sure aren't now so why keep bringing him up.

If we end up with 27 wins and still keep the pick... :smokin 10 game improvement and get another asset.

Only people would complain are folks that want us to trade for aging superstar (Melo) so we can get bounced in the first round.... :smh:

Rockets will get bounced out in the first round of the playoffs. MDA is a mediocre coach, much like Del Harris was. Not even on the same level as Rick Adelman or Flip Saunders

[thread="654452"]Quote:[/thread]

2-32 the rest of the way :rofl:

now that's change I can believe in

And next year's team will have another 19/20 year old and no marquee free agents

the new Laker way
Getting the pick doesn't mean you have to keep another 19/20 yr old.

You get another blue chip prospect, keep our 2019 pick (which means we can trade our 2018).

So keeping the pick gives you 2 more great trade chips. 

Say we draft Fultz or Ball, suddenly trading Dlo Randle and the 2018 1st for a star doesn't sound so bad. 

And yea, if we kept the pick and drafted another 19/20 yr old I wouldn't be complaining.

If we keep our 2017, the 2018 automatically goes to Philly no matter what.

But we do get to keep our 2019 and convert 2 second rounders to Orlando.
Right, forgot that.

So even if we keep the pick we can't trade a future 1st till 2020?

Sounds about right. Win or lose the pick, we can't trade til 2020.

If we lose 2017
Keep 2018
Owe 2019 to the Magic.

Win 2017
Lose 2018
Keep 2019

If I have all this straight in my head. I suppose we could acquire future picks and deal those?

What has MDA done that's so great, when he's had players to fit his system he's always had regular season success. The issue was and still is when he doesn't he's stubborn and won't adjust. The Rockets are tailor made for his success, we weren't in 2013 when he was hired and we damn sure aren't now so why keep bringing him up.

Why are you trying to absolve Byron still? Same/same, no?

The thought of stockpiling "assets" from the draft but doing nothing with it while hoping 1 of 4 turns into an elite star and the other 3 high picks will develop into good complementary pieces.

LOL

Where did I absolve him of any blame? I clearly said people were blaming he and Kobe for ALL of what happened. He had his issues but so did the roster and attitudes of the youngsters which have carried over into this year under a new coach. It wasn't all his fault.

I don't see you getting on Puke for doing a lot of the same things though.

Last edited:

Where did I absolve him of any blame? I clearly said people were blaming he and Kobe for ALL of what happened. He had his issues but so did the roster and attitudes of the youngsters which have carried over into this year under a new coach. It wasn't all his fault.

I don't see you getting on Puke for doing a lot of the same things though.

Why would I be bashing a rookie coach after 50 games?

Byron a 10 year head coach and is worse than Luke.

How you confused about this? You dudes already checkin Luke the same way you checkin 19 year olds for not bein finished products.

I won't even bother sayin give Luke time, y'all gonna chase him from jump. Got that Bill Belichick sucks cuz he can't win in Cleveland vibe.

Give players time.
Give coaches time.

Why do people need reminding of these things? :smh:

Last edited:
Bashing is a mischaracterization. It's merely acknowledging that many of the criticisms leveled at Byron last year still exist now. That's all.

Bashing is a mischaracterization. It's merely acknowledging that many of the criticisms leveled at Byron last year still exist now. That's all.

Byron wasn't a rookie head coach, was he?

Luke has an even younger roster on top, no?

Byron wasn't a rookie head coach, was he?

Luke has an even younger roster on top, no?

No and yes. But what does that have to do with certain stuff being the exact same?

Last edited:
Exact same, such as?

Rotations.
Lack of playing time for the young guys.
Effort not being there every night (even though you think it is).
Defense even worse.

Kids lead the team in minutes. Not sure the gripe there, unless you simply want more minutes on top. (Keep in mind things like DLo starting a game, playing one minute then hurt affects his mpg)

Their defense isn't worse, diff pace without Hibbert/Kobe. (Surely it's still bad, it will take time)

Rotations are fine. He searches and seeks lineups that work. Early he kept the starter-bench thing, he's adjusted. He plays hot hands late (which he should) and tries to manage thru key injuries like DLo and Nance. (Which alter both units)

There's no rotation issue, just people barking to bark. Any time a team plays poorly or struggles for a stretch, rotations get used.

Cool that's your opinion.

Minutes are largely distributed the same. Randle is playing 1 more minute a game than last season. Russell playing less and not down the stretch of games. They should be playing more no excuse not a single guy is averaging 30 minutes a game.

Defense is worse.

And we'll just disagree on the rotations.

The thought of stockpiling "assets" from the draft but doing nothing with it while hoping 1 of 4 turns into an elite star and the other 3 high picks will develop into good complementary pieces.

LOL

Worked for the warriors didn't it?

Last edited:
Tank watch update:
Philly (16)
Minny (17) beat PHX (15) on a buzzer beater damn.

Back
Top Bottom