Memphis (back to back)
At Spurs
Kings
Wolves
Pelicans
At Golden State (back to back)

How many more W's left on the season?

I counted 2 maybe in Feb. 

Really depends on if we sell off assets and if the playoff race for #8 stays close.

:lol: I mean.... :lol: Gotta be more than 2 don't it? :lol:

I like your style, but we aren't goin 2-32 down the stretch, are we? Gotta be a couple "weird" wins in there somewhere.

2 wins in February seems accurate. I see either 8 or 9 on the remainder of the schedule in total. 24-25 wins. Terrible, but good enough to clinch the 2 spot.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
I mean....
laugh.gif
Gotta be more than 2 don't it?
laugh.gif

I like your style, but we aren't goin 2-32 down the stretch, are we? Gotta be a couple "weird" wins in there somewhere.
I meant 2 wins in the month of Feb. Not for the rest of the season.  
laugh.gif

March and April will depend on trades/playoff race.

I wouldn't even mind going 2-32 tho...
nerd.gif

2-32 the rest of the way :rofl:

now that's change I can believe in

And next year's team will have another 19/20 year old and no marquee free agents

the new Laker way

Last edited:
the Portland game and the Denver game next week might be wins just because of the amount of rest going into those games

we'll see

what's crazy is a run like winning 3 out of 5 or winning 5 out of 8 will put us right there in the playoff mix again, probably 1-2 games back of the 8th seed

2-32 the rest of the way
roll.gif

And next year's team will have another 19/20 year old and no marquee free agents

the new Laker way
Getting the pick doesn't mean you have to keep another 19/20 yr old.

You get another blue chip prospect, keep our 2019 pick (which means we can trade our 2018).

So keeping the pick gives you 2 more great trade chips. 

Say we draft Fultz or Ball, suddenly trading Dlo Randle and the 2018 1st for a star doesn't sound so bad. 

And yea, if we kept the pick and drafted another 19/20 yr old I wouldn't be complaining.

what are u talking about? i had this exact team at less than 30 wins.

they are who they are.

Think it's got something to do with people scapegoating Byron and Kobe for everything last season and somehow thinking Luke was the second coming. In combination with them not being honest about how bad the roster was and still is and how we really made little improvement in the offseason.

Last edited:
The 6-22 over the last 28, would be 8-26 over the final 34. For a final record of 24-58

They are not a good team, but they are better than the 6-22, by how much is what determines everything...

In the last 28, they ran into a couple of things that they couldn't handle on top of youth, lack of talent, inexperience, blowing big leads, bad end of game possessions that they were still winning games in spite of in the first 20.
- Injuries
- A really awful schedule.

Those two things make all the growing pains we have 10x worse, and with a healthy roster, and a schedule like most of the other teams, we probably would have gotten a few extra games.

Even then, December was the bigger issue (2-14), despite having a few huge blowouts this month, they've been 4-8 in the month of January, and likely will end up 5-10, that would get you an extra 11 wins if extrapolated over the final 34, which end with us at 27 wins.

For all the talk about selling off vets, trading Lou Williams would actually improve the team by a game or two, even in spite of him being the leading scorer for the team. For every night he goes off, he has a few where he's a multitude of ****, and messing up the flow of the offense, and keeping guys out of rhythms. Would be fine if it was just Lou, but when you add Clarkson to it, the bench is ineffective on many nights, leading the league in bench scoring or not. So those games where he has a great night, likely get replaced with a Clarkson great night who would now have a more defined role, instead of just "Be Lou after Lou is Lou, but be more athletic while doing it."

Also moving Deng to the bench would actually help how the Russell's game overall because of BI's improved shooting as of late. While the original starting lineup is one of the few lineups we have that run with a + net rating, it's biggest downfall is Deng's inability to shoot.

If we stay relatively healthy from February through mid April, where the most we have to deal with is a guy missing a game or 2, here and there.... I think they could pick up as many as 13 wins, and finish 29-53... 13-21 is basically the average of 10-10 start and the 6-22 stretch.

According to 538, that would tie us with Philly at 2nd worst record (They have us set for 27)

Last edited:
This team fed off positive energy at the beginning of the year, and there hasn't been any since the injuries-poor play led to the losses.

The start was a fools gold. There were bad habits early on that were masked and ultimately the regression to what we really are has taken place.

2-32 the rest of the way :rofl:

the new Laker way
Getting the pick doesn't mean you have to keep another 19/20 yr old.

You get another blue chip prospect, keep our 2019 pick (which means we can trade our 2018).

So keeping the pick gives you 2 more great trade chips. 

Say we draft Fultz or Ball, suddenly trading Dlo Randle and the 2018 1st for a star doesn't sound so bad. 

And yea, if we kept the pick and drafted another 19/20 yr old I wouldn't be complaining.

If we keep our 2017, the 2018 automatically goes to Philly no matter what.

But we do get to keep our 2019 and convert 2 second rounders to Orlando.

Quiet down old man nobody is caping. Just acknowledging what others outside here have said. It's not all on him or Kobe what happened last year. Especially in regards to D'Lo and the young guys considering their marginal improvement thus far.

Back
Top Bottom