**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I feel like Jim Buss is trying to save his own *** :lol:
We all know what's going on with him

Also, remember Byron blamed Jim for hamstringing his coaching :nerd:

I don't doubt that for a second, in fact it makes a lot of sense.

Luke said he would bench guys that aren't developing the way they should it his decision not on management Dlo and Julius been play like crap so he benched them ......swaggy is out there closing games you can see his damn effort in trying to play some D you don't see that in Dlo or Julius
Yup.

Keep talkin and yap yap yappin your sarcasm DLovers...you know who the hell you are.

But one thing's a constant in here....y'all still have NOT proven me wrong because ya boy DLol does nothing but prove me right every single night.

Keep hatin' on my words...you just mad because I'm right.

The DLol Assault Continues......
roll.gif

Luke said he would bench guys that aren't developing the way they should it his decision not on management Dlo been play like crap so he benched him ......swaggy is out there closing games you can see his damn effort in trying to play some D you don't see that in Dlo
You do realize that coaches often have to abide by management's orders
Let's face it, if Jim Buss and management told Luke to not focus on trying to win as much as developing players, we would be seeing different rotations
It doesn't make sense to continue benching DLo and Randle in critical situations just because they are on a cold streak. Because we are going to lose most of the time regardless. So what we should be doing is to try to maximize the development, see what we have by the end of DLo's year 3 and what value he has, to see what moves we can make. The same with Randle.

Well if anyone says something that opposes your viewpoints on DLo, that person is automatically wrong in your eyes. So it's pretty much hard to even have any conversation with you because all you're going to do is downplay and criticize everything DLo does on and off the court.

I can agree with certain things you have said about DLo, but the obsession you have to criticize every. single. thing he does it a little overboard. Yes this is a Lakers thread and you have the right to talk about anything you want, but the obsession is real :lol:

Luke said he would bench guys that aren't developing the way they should it his decision not on management Dlo been play like crap so he benched him ......swaggy is out there closing games you can see his damn effort in trying to play some D you don't see that in Dlo
Let's face it, if Jim Buss and management told Luke to not focus on trying to win as much as developing players, we would be seeing different rotations
It doesn't make sense to continue benching DLo and Randle in critical situations just because they are on a cold streak. Because we are going to lose most of the time regardless. So what we should be doing is to try to maximize the development, see what we have by the end of DLo's year 3 and what value he has, to see what moves we can make. The same with Randle.
I felt the same way while I was watching last night but benching them is part of their development. He said after that he's been warning the whole team that if they aren't playing hard then they'll be taken out of the game. 

He stuck to his guns and played the guys that deserved to play, including BI and Zu. 

I got flashbacks of Byron, but Luke was right. They played like garbage. As the leaders of the team they have to be held to a higher standard.

I felt the same way while I was watching last night but benching them is part of their development. He said after that he's been warning the whole team that if they aren't playing hard then they'll be taken out of the game. 

He stuck to his guns and played the guys that deserved to play, including BI and Zu. 

I got flashbacks of Byron, but Luke was right. They played like garbage. As the leaders of the team they have to be held to a higher standard.
Just yesterday? It has been happening to DLo ever since he came back from his injury. He has had good and bad games since but Luke has done the same tactic. I will concede that he was flat out terrible yesterday though which caused Luke to yank him out even faster.

Well if anyone says something that opposes your viewpoints on DLo, that person is automatically wrong in your eyes. So it's pretty much hard to even have any conversation with you because all you're going to do is downplay and criticize everything DLo does on and off the court.

I can agree with certain things you have said about DLo, but the obsession you have to criticize every. single. thing he does it a little overboard. Yes this is a Lakers thread and you have the right to talk about anything you want, but the obsession is real
laugh.gif
There has been absolutely NOTHING POSITIVE about what DLo has done on the court since the Portland game. 

But during that 5 game stretch when DLo was scoring 20 ppg, did I not say positive things about DLo's performances? Did I not?? Maybe you weren't paying attention to the thread in the beginning of the month eh?

If DLo plays well, I'll commend his performance accordingly without any "hate." I've done it before and I'll do it again. But if DLo plays like crap, best believe I'll criticize him just like Worthy and Fisher did last night. And this has been happening much more often than not. Call it all kinds of things like "obsession" or "overboard" all you want, but the bottom line is I believe STRONGLY in my opinion about him and his future in this league and more importantly I call it like I see it. But some of you here just can't handle it and that, to be honest, is funny as hell.

The problem with you guys is that when DLo criticism is justified - last night's game was the perfect example - and I go out and bash DLo, I STILL receive the same type of sarcastic comments when you guys damn well know there is no excuse about DLo's crap performance, attitude, and effort last night. Some of you are STILL making excuses for DLo even when everyone and their grandmas know there wasn't anything good that DLo did last night!. And when I come back at y'all for making excuses, now it's my fault. LMAO

Like I said, some of y'all can keep on hating. At the end of the day, when DLo is shipped out, what excuses will you make then?

Last edited:
Lol they are playing like crap and have a crappy attitude there ain't no point in them being out there it's not hard Luke said it when he got hired even if it did come from management they have a right if they aren't showing up fans dont want to see that @ games

BINGO.

Some of you guys STILL don't get it.

its understandable why he played Zu last night, he was being productive. 

im still lost on why T-Rob didnt even play the last few games...no burn at all

is he hurt? 

or does Luke just wants to try a different dynamic out there. 

Russell needs to show me more, no more walking it up and calling out plays and slowing things down every play, attack draw the foul. The Lakers in general need to bring Kobe in and teach them how to sell and draw a foul, other than Lou these guys seem allergic to selling a call. This applies a lot to Russell, Randle, and Ingram, they really need to bait the contact and embellish it.

Secondly, defensive schemes need to drawn up, they really need to defend the pick and roll better and have the defense fill in on the help side. The initial movement is okay, you have your center coming up to defend but nobody back fills him, this happens like 40 times a game, its a simple fix.

Lastly, Zubac's game opened everybody else's game because of one thing, after he set the screen he took a swift dive to the hoop, this opens up everything for everyone. On so many occasions his dive alone pulled defenders away from others and got open shots for Young, Lou, and Clarkson. A simple straight dive does it all, and if the guards can give it to him I trust him enough to make the right move, dunk or pass whatever it may be.

Rough times, but lets hope the progress continues in some of these guys and Russell wakes up.

Just yesterday? It has been happening to DLo ever since he came back from his injury. He has had good and bad games since but Luke has done the same tactic. I will concede that he was flat out terrible yesterday though which caused Luke to yank him out even faster.
I would like for the young guys to be allowed to play through their mistakes, but I get why Luke is being tough on them.

If they move Nick/Lou and give all they young guys extended minutes for the last 25 games or so, all will be forgiven.

Zubac playing the role DLo has failed to do thus far. At 19, ZuMania already BEING a leader on the team (operative word: being, as opposed to "acting like." You can't teach this kind of **** fellas. 

C2bzMHPWIAAg_qQ.jpg

Last edited:

Zubac playing the role DLo has failed to do thus far. At 19, ZuMania already BEING a leader on the team (operative word: being, as opposed to "acting like." You can't teach this kind of **** fellas. 

C2bzMHPWIAAg_qQ.jpg

wut?

the kid had a great game but please stop with the monday morning quarterbacking

^^ I see you STILL don't get it. 

Tell me the last time any of DLo's teammates said "DLo gonna be sumthin special" 

Nick Young on playing with Ivica Zubac this summer: "I went back and told my friends, 'This guy's gonna be good. He's gonna be special.'"

These are the same types of things guys such as Corie Blount and Byron Scott were saying about Kobe during the summer league back in '96.

When you see something in a kid - aka the intangibles in addition to the talent - players on the squad will immediately take notice.

I'm tellin you this right now....the KEY PIECES on this young Lakers core will eventually be Ingram, Zubac, and Nance when it's all said and done and the Lakers are back in championship contender status. Remember this.

Last edited:
Russell needs to show me more, no more walking it up and calling out plays and slowing things down every play, attack draw the foul. The Lakers in general need to bring Kobe in and teach them how to sell and draw a foul, other than Lou these guys seem allergic to selling a call. This applies a lot to Russell, Randle, and Ingram, they really need to bait the contact and embellish it.

Secondly, defensive schemes need to drawn up, they really need to defend the pick and roll better and have the defense fill in on the help side. The initial movement is okay, you have your center coming up to defend but nobody back fills him, this happens like 40 times a game, its a simple fix.

Lastly, Zubac's game opened everybody else's game because of one thing, after he set the screen he took a swift dive to the hoop, this opens up everything for everyone. On so many occasions his dive alone pulled defenders away from others and got open shots for Young, Lou, and Clarkson. A simple straight dive does it all, and if the guards can give it to him I trust him enough to make the right move, dunk or pass whatever it may be.

Rough times, but lets hope the progress continues in some of these guys and Russell wakes up.
You single out Dlo but those two things are more on Randle.

And I don't want to keep picking on Randle either. 

Randle and Dlo are our two best players and they're making a ton of mistakes. That happens. 

Originally Posted by ToneLow  

You single out Dlo but those two things are more on Randle.

And I don't want to keep picking on Randle either. 

Randle and Dlo are our two best players and they're making a ton of mistakes. That happens. 
The funny thing is that you actually think Randle and DLo are our two best players. Therein lies the flaw in some fans' thinking. You've let the media, their draft position, and their not-so-often solid performances fool you into believing they're the stars on this team.

Our two BEST players are actually Ingram and Zubac, they're just not getting as many minutes and opportunities yet because everything about them is RAW. I can even argue that Nance is more valuable to the Lakers than Randle simply because Randle's effort level is almost as inconsistent as DLo's.

DLo, Randle, and Mozgov will soon impede Ingram's, Nance's, and Zubac's development and because of this, they won't last long here in Los Angeles.

Remember this bro. As soon as Randle, Moz, and DLo are either non-starters, their minutes cut, or are traded, that's when you will really begin to see Nance, Ingram, and Zu flourish on a nightly basis.

Last edited:
By end of the season Ingram will be our best player

I don't doubt this at all. Ingram seems to play the right way. He's having pretty good January being the what? 4th to 6th option on offense?

And I agree with the poster above regarding the efforts of DLo and Randle. It's almost like if they're having bad games offensively, they'll be no shows on defense. Nick young has his fair shairs of bad shooting nights but his effort on defense is night and day compared to past years and even in comparison gon dLo and randle.

I know they're young, but these guys are looked at as the leaders of the team. Gotta lead by example, and not just take accountability in post games. Every body can talk, but when is the effort gonna be there?

I just don't see it with DLo, I really want him to succeed. But I just don't see it. Hope he proves me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom