**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

really need to see more out of DLo and randle.

randle still plays too wild for my liking.

if DLo's outside shot isn't falling he's not really making an impact on the game. he needs to stay aggressive, get into the paint, draw fouls, create for his teammates. hate to say it after i was so high on him during the preseason, but he really has to show me more.

13d2936f783e49229ec5b256619ab2a4

Why would we ship out JC and Lou for a 1 year rental in D rose and Mr. Kardashian in an already crowded frontcourt

Last edited:

Originally Posted by ToneLow  

You single out Dlo but those two things are more on Randle.

And I don't want to keep picking on Randle either. 

Randle and Dlo are our two best players and they're making a ton of mistakes. That happens. 
The funny thing is that you actually think Randle and DLo are our two best players. Therein lies the flaw in some fans' thinking. You've let the media, their draft position, and their not-so-often solid performances fool you into believing they're the stars on this team.

Our two BEST players are actually Ingram and Zubac, they're just not getting as many minutes and opportunities yet because everything about them is RAW. I can even argue that Nance is more valuable to the Lakers than Randle simply because Randle's effort level is almost as inconsistent as DLo's.

DLo, Randle, and Mozgov will soon impede Ingram's, Nance's, and Zubac's development and because of this, they won't last long here in Los Angeles.

Remember this bro. As soon as Randle, Moz, and DLo are either non-starters, their minutes cut, or are traded, that's when you will really begin to see Nance, Ingram, and Zu flourish on a nightly basis.
Currently. Today. January 18, 2017. Zu and Ingram are our best players?

Even if you hate Randle/Dlo then the next option would be Lou Will. Those are currently our most productive players, there's really no way to argue with that.

If you want to say who projects to be the best player then that's a different discussion.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by ToneLow  

Randle and Dlo are our two best players and they're making a ton of mistakes. That happens. 
The funny thing is that you actually think Randle and DLo are our two best players. Therein lies the flaw in some fans' thinking. You've let the media, their draft position, and their not-so-often solid performances fool you into believing they're the stars on this team.

Our two BEST players are actually Ingram and Zubac, they're just not getting as many minutes and opportunities yet because everything about them is RAW. I can even argue that Nance is more valuable to the Lakers than Randle simply because Randle's effort level is almost as inconsistent as DLo's.

DLo, Randle, and Mozgov will soon impede Ingram's, Nance's, and Zubac's development and because of this, they won't last long here in Los Angeles.

Remember this bro. As soon as Randle, Moz, and DLo are either non-starters, their minutes cut, or are traded, that's when you will really begin to see Nance, Ingram, and Zu flourish on a nightly basis.
Currently. Today. January 18, 2017. Zu and Ingram are our best players?

Even if you hate Randle/Dlo then the next option would be Lou Will. Those are currently our most productive players, there's really no way to argue with that.

If you want to say who projects to be the best player then that's a different discussion.
Yes, currently, today, 1.18.17...Ingram and Zubac are our best players. Give em both 30-35 minutes a night, send DLo, Randle, and Moz to the bench and we'd all see it. However, Luke ain't gonna do that yet because it's his responsibility to play out Randle, DLo, and Moz because of seniority.

DLo and Randle only appear to be productive because they're starters. But how is that way too often our bench is outscoring our starters? Now that Zubac is going to get minutes, the discrepancy will grow even more. It's not supposed to be that way. Your starters are supposed to be doing the majority of the scoring for your team. 

But go watch Lakers practice film...and it's Zubac and Ingram doing the damage because nobody on the Lakers' roster can stop either of them.

I single out D'Lo because he's claimed the leader of our team role, he's talked about being a vocal leader from day 1. I also think the D'Lo's potential can be much higher than Randle. Randle I think will max out at best as a Zbo Lite, Russell can be a Mike Conley (Yes Mike Conley would be amazing).

I have a lot of hopes in players like Ingram to be that "star" player, and Zubac can be a really good addition. We don't need 3 superstars, we need players to play up to their potential, and right now I think Randle is on pace, and Russell can do a lot more.

I also think its all in Russel's head, there is no reason for him to be shooting this bad from 3, he was an amazing shooter in his college year, and he's shown sparks. He also needs to be open to taking the contact and drawing fouls, if you mid-range shot isn't falling, which it hasn't, then you need to bring it to the other team and draw fouls, get the ball on the hoop draw defenders anything other than constantly pulling up.

Russell's ceiling is high, but not if he keeps playing like this.

yeah they are basically a forced 1st and 2nd option

I'm probably the only one that thinks this but I think randle still has a higher ceiling if he can develop a consistent jumper witch will open up his face up game and he will be able to utilize his quickness a lot better to attack the basket

Last edited:
yeah they are basically a forced 1st and 2nd option

I'm probably the only one that thinks this but I think randle still has a higher ceiling if he can develop a consistent jumper witch will open up his face up game and he will be able to utilize his quickness a lot better to attack the basket
I completely agree with you. Randle has a much higher ceiling than DLo because 1) he attacks the basket, 2) he has speed and freakish athleticism, which DLo clearly doesn't have, 3) He has vision and can make plays to position other players to score as evidenced by his triple-doubles and high assist numbers, 4) like you said, if he can develop a consistent mid range jumper, he could be an all-around beast, 5) he can make more of an impact on defense than DLo can because of his physical attributes, and 6) there is still a ton of room for him to evolve and develop his back-to-the-basket and post up game.

The key intangible for Randle is consistency and effort. 

Last edited:

:lol: man

It's definitely too early to say zubac is one of the best players on the team :lol: y'all in here wilding. Not saying he won't become but how many minutes and games has dude even played this season. Then again I haven't watched the last couple of games.

Back
Top Bottom