**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What does the barbershop filled with with former college hoppers say Whip ?
LOL

"Damn whip, tell me how I can make as much $$ as you."
waynes-world-get-a-load-of-this-guy-cam-pointing-cut-and-suck-1369254775m1.gif

That's called obsession.

And all these trade proposals are stupid as ****if he's a bust...

I still don't understand why teams would be willing to trade stars for kids who aren't "it"

"He doesn't play hard"
"He's David Wesley"
"He only cares about his hair"
"He's a bust"

"Let's trade him for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Demarcus Cousins, etc."

:lol:

@MoonMan818 I covered this a couple of weeks back....

View media item 2303743

Weird, but interesting......

Deng, Mozgov, and Clarkson, all 3 of them are signed to 4 year deals.

All 3 of them take less money next year, than they do this year, and the year after. Only next year drops, all 3 guys. By about a million each. (give or take)

Trying to pull one more max guy next year? (assuming Nick opts out, which he likely does)

Summer of 2018 sets up to potentially have some elite free agents headlined by Russ (opt-out), PG13, and Boogie (if he doesn't sign an extension before then) and DeAndre (opt-out), but the dips in those salaries aren't significant enough. Somebody is going to have to be moved.

This summer it's similar one of those guys is likely going to have to be moved.

Last edited:
Weird, but interesting......

Deng, Mozgov, and Clarkson, all 3 of them are signed to 4 year deals.

All 3 of them take less money next year, than they do this year, and the year after. Only next year drops, all 3 guys. By about a million each. (give or take)

Trying to pull one more max guy next year? (assuming Nick opts out, which he likely does)
Yup, I noticed that too.

Gordan Hayward and Jrue Holiday? Nerlens?

Boogie and Paul George are up the year after tho. Do you keep space for them just in case?

Before this CBA sure, but I don't think it's wise to do so anymore. The money is just far too great for them to pass on an extension. I'd love to see them spit in the owners faces and sign with another team (Lakers or not) though.

Whip come Feb 23 when we still have Russell
Oh yeah, there's a good chance we'll still have Russell by the deadline. HOWEVER, as I've been saying all along....Russell will NOT be a Laker by the time he's 23-24 years old, which I believe coincides with the end of his rookie contract.

If Hayward leaves he's going to play for his old coach and where he can be a gawd, not here.

Nah I can't see that. He could have done that this past offseason.

:rofl:

over yall's heads

I'm just saying people predicted KD would leave OKC to go to the Wizards

it didn't happen

so we can't pretend we know Gordon will only go back to play for Brad Stevens

the Lakers will definitely pursue him and they have a shot

:rofl:

over yall's heads

I'm just saying people predicted KD would leave OKC to go to the Wizards

it didn't happen

so we can't pretend we know Gordon will only go back to play for Brad Stevens

the Lakers will definitely pursue him and they have a shot

No they didn't especially when KD more than a year out said he didn't want to go back home. We thought we'd have a shot with Whiteside and others and couldn't even get a meeting. It's not happening this year unless it's with a over the hill star like Rose.

Only cats who thought KD was "coming home" were Wizards fans :lol:

much like Lakers fans think everyone is signing here every offseason :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom