**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Call me crazy all you want, but if there's ever a blockbuster trade that should happen at this time of year for three struggling franchises, it's this one:

View media item 2303089

Why would the bulls trade thier best player for a washed superstar and someone you claim is bust? I mean thier basketball minds must know he is a bust since the barbershop minds knew this from day one.

I dunno, I've been A LOT more relaxed with this team/season, mostly from enjoying my Cubs season.

Theo did nothing but stack young talent. Tons and tons of it.

We lost 100+ games while doing so.

Then, they all turned the corner.

It doesn't matter who's 1A, 1B, 1C, etc, just can they play together?

If 3 years from now, Zubac is somethin, Ingram is somethin, Randle, Nance, Clarkson, DLo, and maybe Mitch finds 1-2 more pieces, all that talent will surface, same as my Cubs.

Mostly, I really, truly, hope Zubac turns into something. He could really, really help this core if he develops anywhere close to how Bynum did. Or Marc Gasol, etc. Kind of an unknown that just blossoms right before our eyes.

I wanted to tank for 3 years. We did. We got parts. Now I have the patience to let those parts develop.

And that includes Luke. He will develop as well.

Last edited:
lol I think the criticism gets kinda weird when y'all start talking bout dude hair and earrings lol. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

lol I think the criticism gets kinda weird when y'all start talking bout dude hair and earrings lol. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

That's called obsession.

And all these trade proposals are stupid as ****if he's a bust...

I still don't understand why teams would be willing to trade stars for kids who aren't "it"

"He doesn't play hard"
"He's David Wesley"
"He only cares about his hair"
"He's a bust"

"Let's trade him for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Demarcus Cousins, etc."

:lol:

Last edited:
True. I've been saying we're stuck with him. If you propose to a GM that you'd be willing to give them a 20 year old #2 pick from 18 months ago, they immediately wonder what is wrong with this kid that they've given up on him already.

"Johnson suspects the 20-year-old Russell has become somewhat hesitant with that responsibility out of respect for the team’s veterans and for the teammates who are in his age range. Russell agreed.
“It’s hard; it’s not easy,” Russell said. “I’m trying to communicate and talk with guys as much as possible. I’m trying to figure out how to talk to guys. We’re all young. Figuring it out for everybody is key.”"

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/johnson-741468-team-lakers.html

Just Terrible, coming from a 20 year old
Good grief

Last edited:
He talks a good game says a lot of the right things, but isn't putting it to action. It starts with me, ok cool kid. Now show us.

Playing hard on defense, fighting through screens, sprinting down court with Mudiay, has nothing to do with age or inexperience

Last edited:

That's called obsession.

And all these trade proposals are stupid as ****if he's a bust...

I still don't understand why teams would be willing to trade stars for kids who aren't "it"

"He doesn't play hard"
"He's David Wesley"
"He only cares about his hair"
"He's a bust"

"Let's trade him for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Demarcus Cousins, etc."

:lol:
The moment I saw Brandon Jennings on a trade machine coming to us, you know you can't take one's opinion of basketball seriously :lol:

MVP MVP , just to reflect back on our Twitter convo, I think the reason why Luke's rotations are like this is because of management's standards/goals, which is probably against the tank plan.

Last edited:
If they are instructing him to not play one of the prized young guys down the stretch of games or in general play the veterans more; then we need them gone yesterday.

Last edited:
If they are instructing him to not play one of the prized young guys down the stretch of games or in general play the veterans more; then we need them gone yesterday.
I feel like Jim Buss is trying to save his own *** :lol:
We all know what's going on with him

Also, remember Byron blamed Jim for hamstringing his coaching :nerd:

Last edited:
Luke said he would bench guys that aren't developing the way they should it his decision not on management Dlo been play like crap so he benched him ......swaggy is out there closing games you can see his damn effort in trying to play some D you don't see that in Dlo

Back
Top Bottom