**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Randle benched, no one mentions a word.

DLo benched, we're gonna have half a dozen pages over night.

Well Randle didn't really have it going offensively. Had a couple nice defensive plays but still lacked the effort on defense. Can't go 100% effort on one side of the floor and not do the same on the other.

Randle is still super uncoordinated. He gets away with it sometimes due to his strength. But he still looks like a baby deer learning to walk for the first time.

Where's @WavyCrockett at?
nerd.gif

Hai guyz [emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji]

@wHipLAshTw03 CALLED IT

Y'all gotta listen to yo. There is some truth to his rants.....
No, not even. Go away now, take him with you.
roll.gif

You mad bro? Your boy DLo proving me RIGHT damn near every game lol

Randle benched, no one mentions a word.

DLo benched, we're gonna have half a dozen pages over night.

This is probably his 12th game this year being benched in the 4th... I mentioned this when Luke initially started running Brandon at the one with Lou at the 2 a month or two ago

Y'all kill me man...

Worthy talking about DLo on the low....while Fisher got a frown on his face

"I think most coaches can handle a mistake here and there...but what they can't handle is a lack of attention and focus and a lack of effort. That is unacceptable."

I wonder if Fish Worthy and Luke realize that we must wait until age 25 to see effort passion hard work and hustle

"What Luke did tonight was very important [in terms of benching DLo and Randle]....very important...when you're trying to find wins...you still have to speak into existence what it is YOU SEE DOWN THE ROAD. And maybe everybody else doesn't see it, media, fans etcetera...but you see something there in your team and it's important to message that to your team publicly. That there are certain things you expect, there are reasons why you do things..."

"Secondly, to some of the players themselves....I do think that some of the guys on the roster HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO SEPARATE THE PERCEPTION AND THE IMAGE OF WHO THEY ARE AND JUST BE PURE BASKETBALL PLAYERS with no inhibitions, no expectations, just go out and play the game without any concern for the name on the back or the number and just be a Laker."  

Derek Fisher, 5-time champion, folks...talking about DLo on the low.

End of story. DLo finna be traded. Get ready for it.

Last edited:

CP1708 still thinks DLo should start and probably believes in his mind DLo will eventually be a major contributor on this team once it's ready to make a run for the playoffs. LMAO
I mean if you can definitively know for a fact that D'Lo, at 20 years old wont be able to be a viable contributor to LAL moving forward then you should be in someone's front office because people would pay millions of bucks for this level of fortune telling
Bro, anyone here with a true basketball mind can "fortune tell" DLo all day long if you PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS of his game and his body language out on the floor on both ends of the floor.

Dude is on straight David Wesley level. 

I think a lot of people in this thread said he's better being a SG than PG already. Today was a pretty bad day for him no doubt. Hope he wakes up and realizes that he needs to play better.

D'lo
#allstarvote

Still my pg

Whip
Blue text byke

Yall still got some of those tanks ...

Jk.

Zubac [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Bro, anyone here with a true basketball mind can "fortune tell" DLo all day long if you PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS of his game and his body language out on the floor on both ends of the floor.

I don't believe this at all. His body language and effort for the most part is the same when he's doing good as when he's doing bad.

What I'm saying is, his disposition makes one easily call him out on his effort when his effort most nights are fine. I'm hesitant to critize d'lo on something as subjective as effort and "fire" and "passion" because those often fall along the lines of "see what you wanna see." You wanna see him pout and have bouts with bad effort so naturally, courtesy of confirmation bias you'll find it. You dont even see Jordan clarkson'a piss poor attempts at getting over screens, or julius's melancholy approach to defense on most nights.

I like D'Lo and my critique is more so on the basketball side of things. D'Lo so far in the NBA is an avg 3pt shooter. That is not good. I've felt that he'll go as far as his 3pt shot takes him because he's just so painfully slow at turning the corner out of PnR among other issues.. His value for the Lakers will come with whether or not he can become a 40% 3pt shooter and the jury is still out on that. He's barely halfway through his 2nd NBA season.

If D'Lo can't become a sniper from 3, he'll be just an average Point guard and the lakers would be better served to move on from him.

I just don't think we've seen enough to unequivocally conclude that to be the case.

Not sure the Lakers will be that patient to see this through with D'Lo though.

Here's a possible and highly probable scenario as far as the morale of this team is concerned and what's going on behind closed doors. Pure speculation on my part, but not farfetched imho.

Some of you may disagree with me, but as DLo continues this type of attitude and lack of effort, his teammates will slowly and slowly start to lose confidence in him and ultimately lose respect for what he brings to this team because every time he's on the court, he fails to play hard and make any significant impact. The "ice in my veins" bravado and weekly hairstyles will eventually play itself out.

Management/coaching staff will begin to see this type of dynamic play out on the bench, in the locker room, and at practice, and soon enough the message will go up to Mitch and Jim. Once this happens, the steps toward change will be be set in motion. The first step will be seeing DLo benched in 4th quarters (already happening), then possibly taken out of the starting lineup or maybe even traded before the deadline.

The bottom line is that by the end of this year, when the Lakers stand last or close-to-last place in the West, the Hollywood Express will reach its stop in the off-season and his final destination won't be Los Angeles.

I want to DLo to be Brandon Roy sooooo bad... but the kid just doesn't have the athleticism on the NBA level to be that.

To be 20 years old and NOT be able to get into the paint as a PG cripples us offensively but we can wait... maybe another offseason of workouts can help him in some aspects both offensively and defensively to get him to that Brandon Roy level of play or maybe his ceiling is much lower and we're left with Shaun Livingston in our starting backcourt

I don't believe this at all. His body language and effort for the most part is the same when he's doing good as when he's doing bad.

What I'm saying is, his disposition makes one easily call him out on his effort when his effort most nights are fine. I'm hesitant to critize d'lo on something as subjective as effort and "fire" and "passion" because those often fall along the lines of "see what you wanna see." You wanna see him pout and have bouts with bad effort so naturally, courtesy of confirmation bias you'll find it. You dont even see Jordan clarkson'a piss poor attempts at getting over screens, or julius's melancholy approach to defense on most nights.

I like D'Lo and my critique is more so on the basketball side of things. D'Lo so far in the NBA is an avg 3pt shooter. That is not good. I've felt that he'll go as far as his 3pt shot takes him because he's just so painfully slow at turning the corner out of PnR among other issues.. His value for the Lakers will come with whether or not he can become a 40% 3pt shooter and the jury is still out on that. He's barely halfway through his 2nd NBA season.
You're entitled to your opinion but during those games when DLo is scoring 25+ points, he is ENGAGED. Dude is making plays. But those moments are few and far between. He's lackluster for the most part and D-Fish wouldn't be commenting about "effort" and "hustle" if your opinion about him is accurate.

Jordan has bad shot attempts but he's out ther hustling EVEN WHEN HE HAS A BAD GAME. When DLo is playing poorly, he stops playing. Period.

Remember....DLo puts himself on this imaginary pedestal by saying "Everything starts with me." When you go out and say those things, you're placing high expectations on yourself. But what happens when you don't deliver? Now you're play is magnified and you're put on a microscope.

This ain't about "see what you wanna see" when game by game, EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHERS are seeing the same type of paltry performance from Russell.

"He's gotta be able to accept constructive criticism....if you working at UPS or FedEX you couldn't get away with this kind of production anywhere else. Defense is easy, it's EFFORT. And if you can't muster that up and you trying to be the leader of this team, umm, that's something he's gotta figure out without attitude and understand what he's gotta do at his position. We need the attitude to adjust to the game." - JAMES WORTHY.

Period.

Until I hear a player or coach single him out by name
I'm Not worried about attitude, just focus on playing better on the court

Players get hot, players get cold
Dude is in a major shooting slump
Das all

Until I hear a player or coach single him out by name
I'm Not worried about attitude, just focus on playing better on the court

Players get hot, players get cold
Dude is in a major shooting slump
Das all
You my friend have absolutely NO CLUE. Coaches and players gotta be PC for the benefit of the team's morale. lol

But Laker greats such as Fisher and Worthy can certainly single out Russell.

Worthy just basically singled him out about five minutes ago. You watching? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Worthy, on Russell

"He's gotta be able to accept constructive criticism....if you working at UPS or FedEX you couldn't get away with this kind of production anywhere else. Defense is easy, it's EFFORT. And if you can't muster that up and you trying to be the leader of this team, umm, that's something he's gotta figure out without attitude and understand what he's gotta do at his position. We need the attitude to adjust to the game." - JAMES WORTHY.

Now if that ain't singling out Russell....
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom