**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Maybe I should clarify
Until I hear a Player on the roster or a team coach
Say this about D'Lo ... im not worried

James worthy gets paid to talk players up
And/or down by playing devils advocate

Last edited:
Lol D'Lo's game is the same when he's scoring 25 as when he doesn't idk what y'all be seeing.

He's never been able to turn the corner, be athletic offensively, play in the paint off PnR, etc. his effort defensively has been a bit disappointing but that could be said about all of LAL's rotation guys tbh not just him. And I think the dumbest thing anyone can say regarding basketball is that "defense is easy" it's not, especially on the NBA level. Knowing your reads, what angles to take to get over a pick, footwork, I mean defense in the NBA is not easy and D'Lo is no exception to this especially since he is so young.

I can tell you first hand how complicated NBA defense can get. Watching it on TV does it no justice. It's why you think D'Lo doesn't give effort on defense and clarkson does when in fact they're both lowkey awful at it. It's all the same

The difference in his good games vs bad is his 3s. He can't be an avg 3pt shooter. His success in the league depends upon it in my opinion.

Maybe I should clarify

Bruh, he ain't playing Devil's advocate when he stating the OBVIOUS lol

DLo got flat out BENCHED in the 4th quarter because he didn't come to play. Thought you watched the game? 

Maybe I should clarify

Bruh, he ain't playing Devil's advocate when he stating the OBVIOUS lol

DLo got flat out BENCHED in the 4th quarter because he didn't come to play. Thought you watched the game? 

Missed it tonight
My boy d'lo cook Mudiay ?

Lol D'Lo's game is the same when he's scoring 25 as when he doesn't idk what y'all be seeing.

He's never been able to turn the corner, be athletic offensively, play in the paint off PnR, etc. his effort defensively has been a bit disappointing but that could be said about all of LAL's rotation guys tbh not just him. And I think the dumbest thing anyone can say regarding basketball is that "defense is easy" it's not, especially on the NBA level. Knowing your reads, what angles to take to get over a pick, footwork, I mean defense in the NBA is not easy and D'Lo is no exception to this especially since he is so young.

I can tell you first hand how complicated NBA defense can get. Watching it on TV does it no justice. It's why you think D'Lo doesn't give effort on defense and clarkson does when in fact they're both lowkey awful at it. It's all the same

The difference in his good games vs bad is his 3s. He can't be an avg 3pt shooter. His success in the league depends upon it in my opinion.

Lot of fax in here especially that last point. I've said a lot of this from jump though. Defense isn't easy but you can tell to a degree who's trying and whose not.

Last edited:
@LoveHateSelf

Apparently you've been missing this entire thread all game as well. LOL

Look it up bruh...the only thing "cookin" about DLo is his hair and that bling bling on his ear.

Last edited:

What I think James meant about "defense is easy" is that defense become easier when you put forth effort on defense.

I'm not going to argue with you about what DLo can and can't do on the court regarding his skills. That's easy to see. We've all seen it from day one.

But back to my point: his EFFORT is not there night in night out. His ATTITUDE about the game is leaving a lot to be desired. And for these reasons, his play on the court isn't translating to success. That's my point.

You don't have to be ultra athletic and be able to turn the corner 24-7 or even be athletic. Heck, I can name so many players in league history who weren't athletic and unable to jump over people but because they played with MAX EFFORT every time and because they hustle and have pride in their game, they were successful players and made significant contributions to their team's success. 

If the only thing DLo can bring to the table are 3's, then he has no place on this team imo. You gotta be able to bring it in other aspects of the game if you're outside shot ain't falling and sadly, there aren't many other parts of the game that DLo can make an impact on if he can't hit his shots on a consistent basis.

^^^

roll.gif

that's all you got to back him up bruh?

Last edited:
Bro, anyone here with a true basketball mind can "fortune tell" DLo all day long if you PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS of his game and his body language out on the floor on both ends of the floor.

Dude is on straight David Wesley level. 

I don't believe this at all. His body language and effort for the most part is the same when he's doing good as when he's doing bad.

What I'm saying is, his disposition makes one easily call him out on his effort when his effort most nights are fine. I'm hesitant to critize d'lo on something as subjective as effort and "fire" and "passion" because those often fall along the lines of "see what you wanna see." You wanna see him pout and have bouts with bad effort so naturally, courtesy of confirmation bias you'll find it. You dont even see Jordan clarkson'a piss poor attempts at getting over screens, or julius's melancholy approach to defense on most nights.

I like D'Lo and my critique is more so on the basketball side of things. D'Lo so far in the NBA is an avg 3pt shooter. That is not good. I've felt that he'll go as far as his 3pt shot takes him because he's just so painfully slow at turning the corner out of PnR among other issues.. His value for the Lakers will come with whether or not he can become a 40% 3pt shooter and the jury is still out on that. He's barely halfway through his 2nd NBA season.

Thank you.

I didn't even think he had a terrible game. He just needs to make shots.

Both he and Julius haven't been playing well yet everything is on him, I don't get it.

Zubac is 19 and he's already been consistent in the few minutes and games he's played.

Last edited:
All you Doormat DLo defenders are something else.

It's all good though...we'll see what excuses you make next when Hollywood is shipped outta town. You'll expose your joking ways even more.

Who the Lakers play next? Oh yeah, the Pacers. 

Teague about to feast. 
laugh.gif

Post game show, They straight put together a video montage of clips where Dlo played with no effort. Exposed on the home teams network

Damn

What I think James meant about "defense is easy" is that defense become easier when you put forth effort on defense.

I'm not going to argue with you about what DLo can and can't do on the court regarding his skills. That's easy to see. We've all seen it from day one.

But back to my point: his EFFORT is not there night in night out. His ATTITUDE about the game is leaving a lot to be desired. And for these reasons, his play on the court isn't translating to success. That's my point.

You don't have to be ultra athletic and be able to turn the corner 24-7 or even be athletic. Heck, I can name so many players in league history who weren't athletic and unable to jump over people but because they played with MAX EFFORT every time and because they hustle and have pride in their game, they were successful players and made significant contributions to their team's success. 

If the only thing DLo can bring to the table are 3's, then he has no place on this team imo. You gotta be able to bring it in other aspects of the game if you're outside shot ain't falling and sadly, there aren't many other parts of the game that DLo can make an impact on if he can't hit his shots on a consistent basis.

Again, I personally don't see glaring issues with his effort. There are moments where it could be better, but you could say that about LITERALLY EVERY NBA PLAYER but even if his effort isn't up to par, he isn't the only one not bringing the effort every night.

Take some time and watch some laker film, you'll see issues with effort w/ALL the rotation guys on both ends of the floor. It's a combination of effort and piss poor fundamentals on defense, which to me isn't played up enough. Too many times we play up effort on defense (which is a factor) without acknowledging the bad habits and fundamentals that these guys have on that end. Watching the game casually, there's so much that you or I miss from a defensive standpoint that goes beyond effort and it's not just with D'Lo although you seem to be enamored with pointing out his flaws and no one else's.

And I don't think all D'Lo brings to the table his 3's but he has a pretty high ceiling and his 3's are the different between reaching his floor and his ceiling as a player.

Again, I personally don't see glaring issues with his effort. There are moments where it could be better, but you could say that about LITERALLY EVERY NBA PLAYER but even if his effort isn't up to par, he isn't the only one not bringing the effort every night.

Take some time and watch some laker film, you'll see issues with effort w/ALL the rotation guys on both ends of the floor. It's a combination of effort and piss poor fundamentals on defense, which to me isn't played up enough. Too many times we play up effort on defense (which is a factor) without acknowledging the bad habits and fundamentals that these guys have on that end. Watching the game casually, there's so much that you or I miss from a defensive standpoint that goes beyond effort and it's not just with D'Lo although you seem to be enamored with pointing out his flaws and no one else's.

And I don't think all D'Lo brings to the table his 3's but he has a pretty high ceiling and his 3's are the different between reaching his floor and his ceiling as a player.
Well, if you don't see glaring issues with his effort, that's you. I completely disagree. 

Take my time? LMAO....after every Lakers game, I immediately watch the film of the game TWICE. Every damn game. I'm watching it right now as I type. Do you do the same? So don't think for one second that someone like myself is just watching the game "casually." I'm dissecting this mf'er like a scout on steroids. Pause. rewind. Play. Pause. Rewind. Slo-motion. lol

Yes, it's a team game and other players at times give poor effort on defense. But no other player is as lackadaisical on the team on both ends of the floor as SLO-MO D-LO. Maybe it's just him because he too cool for school. 

Why do I single out DLo? Because he's the leader of this team, and has said so himself! Why do I question his effort? Because it's more glaring with him and every time he's in the game, the rest of the team's play slows down and we can't seem to maintain any type of run during games to sustain leads or overcome deficits. It's on him whether you like it or not because the ball is in his hands damn near half the time.

Last edited:
Post game show, They straight put together a video montage of clips where Dlo played with no effort. Exposed on the home teams network

Damn
Singled out eh? Like when full-speed Mudiay ran right by the jogging DLo at half court before the first half ended enabling Mudiay to catch a pass on the break and get to the free throw line.

Last edited:
missed the game tonight.

just caught up on the thread and it looks like Ressell had a rough night.

watch us find out that this whole time it wasn't ice in his veins...

but instead, kool-aid :smh:

Last edited:
Not only DLo, Randle has had a bad stretch of games ever since they were both praised of changed routine :lol:

The tank is real tho wouldn't be surprised if the vets get traded and they semi blow it up

Last edited:
End of first half...DEN inbounds the ball full court...Faried throws long pass to Jokic who catches the ball at half court and look at how the sprinting Mudiay is so far ahead of the lightly jogging DLo.

Mudiay catches the pass, gets to the rim but is fouled by Black who, fortunately, was quick enough to provide help by attempting to block Mudiay's layup. Mudiay sinks both free throws right before the half ends.

0% Effort. And you wonder why Luke sat his lazy *** in the 4th

View media item 2303052

Last edited:
Call me crazy all you want, but if there's ever a blockbuster trade that should happen at this time of year for three struggling franchises, it's this one:

Back
Top Bottom