**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Not calling for him to be traded. Just think we need to adjust our projection or expectation of what he will be.

It's becoming more clear to me that Brandon is the future. If he's the best out of our young guys then D'lo and Julius are still really good 2nd/3rd options.

It's just going to take a while for us to know if Brandon really can be a #1 option.

Ding ding ding.

Somebody in laker land "gets it"
This

I can't believe these kids lost to the Spurs and Clippers. Unbelievable.
mean.gif
and they are the youngest team ever! DLO is only 20yrs old PG vs a 30+yr PG....give the lakers a chance!

Expected this to happen it's funny Whip got a DLo wrecking crew tho

Last edited:
Not calling for him to be traded. Just think we need to adjust our projection or expectation of what he will be.

It's becoming more clear to me that Brandon is the future. If he's the best out of our young guys then D'lo and Julius are still really good 2nd/3rd options.

It's just going to take a while for us to know if Brandon really can be a #1 option.

A lot of us understand this, but there is a crew here that is anti D.Lo.

We have heard your arguments at nauseam.

Move on.

Move on.

Oh I've only been saying this since the beginning of the year and all this week. 

Move on.

I just want to appease Lakers fans, particularly whip.. then watch it burn in the 5 years following the trade :lol:

I'm pretty sure everybody said Russell wasn't a # 1 option.

Your PG as a # 1 option is typically not a good thing. Key word typically

Last edited:
I just want to appease Lakers fans, particularly whip.. then watch it burn in the 5 years following the trade
laugh.gif

Don't think that's true at all in today's league. In fact he has to kinda be that guy. Either that or a superstar wing (KD, Bron, Kawhi, etc.) PG is clearly the deepest position in the league in terms of good/great players. Good for us is we may actually have that star wing in BI so it won't be as needed otherwise. 

Last edited:
I just think him running the O isn't good in my opinion he would be better playing off the ball running through picks.... on another note I really hate how Lou shoots the ball almost every time when he is in

I just want to appease Lakers fans, particularly whip.. then watch it burn in the 5 years following the trade :lol:

Don't think that's true at all in today's league. In fact he has to kinda be that guy. Either that or a superstar wing (KD, Bron, Kawhi, etc.) PG is clearly the deepest position in the league in terms of good/great players. Good for us is we may actually have that star wing in BI so it won't be as needed otherwise. 

It's not optimal is my wording. There's a lot of star PGs or good/great who are really nothing if they shoulder all the offensive load.

Last edited:
Team played heartless 2 straight games

Not all on Dlo, but he needs to play better
7 shot attempts is unacceptable when he's being counted on to score and set guys up

Look at the best teams in the league right now, all of them have either a star wing or a star PG, some having both.

GS-Curry & KD

CLE-Bron & Kyrie

SA-Kawhi

HOU-Harden

TOR-Lowry 

BOS-IT2

LAC-CP3

Even going down to the next tier most have really good or elite PGs

Utah-George Hill

Memphis-Conley

OKC-Westbrook

And then you still have your Walls, Dames, of the world. 

Conversely look at all of the worst teams in the league, almost every single one has a bad to average PG running the team. 

Look at the best teams in the league right now, all of them have either a star wing or a star PG, some having both.

GS-Curry & KD
CLE-Bron & Kyrie
SA-Kawhi
HOU-Harden
TOR-Lowry 
BOS-IT2
LAC-CP3

Even going down to the next tier most have really good or elite PGs

Utah-George Hill
Memphis-Conley
OKC-Westbrook

And then you still have your Walls, Dames, of the world. 

Conversely look at all of the worst teams in the league, almost every single one has a bad to average PG running the team. 

Forgot DeMar with Lowry.

A lot of those teams stink or are fringe playoff teams, going nowhere, if you remove that second guy, and are stuck with just a Star PG or really good PG.

I think we may be saying the same thing.

You need 2 guys. And we likely have it.

As always... we'll be fine.

Not to you because you get it. There is no magic pill that will get us contending in 2 years. Not a single one.

Last edited:
We sucked again. DLo, Randle, Mozgov, Lou :smh:
Just terrible
Luke better come up with some scheme to get us out of this funk

Back
Top Bottom