**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ah yes, we'd definitely win more with a guy who is playing worse on offense and defense..

Isn't a PG and turns the ball over more than a PG...

Perhaps, an optometrist could help you.
i guess all u do is go by numbers as facts am i right?

Numbers confirm suspicions.

You have a hunch, you look at the numbers... The numbers prove you right or wrong.

Kind of like science.. You have a hypothesis, you run a test, you run it a second time with controlled and independent variables.. And you prove your hypothesis right or wrong.

You even take those numbers compare them to others looking for statistical anomalies, or flukes so to speak

You do know that the game you watch, is determined by a series of number right?

Last edited:

You have a hunch, you look at the numbers... The numbers prove you right or wrong.

Kind of like science.. You have a hypothesis, you run a test, you run it a second time with controlled and independent variables.. And you prove your hypothesis right or wrong.

ahhh....i knew it.  on that ANALytics tip aren't u.  I guess you'd rather have kemba walker instead of kawhi since his per, fantasynumbers, holingerband or what not is higher ....i see. ur right...DLO will be a STAR, its science.  #hesonly20

ahhh....i knew it.  on that ANALytics tip aren't u.  I guess you'd rather have kemba walker instead of kawhi since his per, fantasynumbers, holingerband or what not is higher ....i see. ur right...DLO will be a STAR, its science.  #hesonly20

Kawhi's PER is 5th in the league...

Even then there's dozens of different metrics to judge by that show you Kawhi is a better player than Kemba

Good try

Last edited:
I get it u win, no more discussion please...ur wasting my Post (78) to Reputation number (46) ....which since you like numbers is better than a 2:1....meaning i'm more important than you and you're post:rep ....its science/math....NT believes me more than you, right.

The old saying if you torture statistics long enough they will tell you anything

Dlo has pro and cons and we're stuck with him for a few years

Just think of D'Lo as being an decent starting PG right now that hopefully will turn into a good one down the road. Ingram is and will always be the key to what happens as far as development of the team going forward. If he doesn't pan out then we panic. And if you want a PG with star potential y'all should join team tank for Fultz.
Funny thing is Fultz projects to be a more athletic D'Lo.

Well D'Lo's athleticism or lack thereof is what's going to keep him from that next level I believe. I've seen more Fultz-Brandon Roy comparisons though.

Last edited:
Dlo shoots as well from 3 as Brandon Ingram does from the field but the dominating discussion point in each page is Dlo :lol:. Y'all are funny.

I'll never forget arguing daily that Harden was a max level player & D-Lo's on a similar path. It's cool y'all will see the light eventually.

Last edited:
It's not about the stats right now so much as what their ability to do on the court. Unless D'Lo develops some explosiveness or bulks up, his upside to stardom is limited especially at that position.

And I seen your post in the draft thread...some mid huh? You'll see the light eventually :wink:

Last edited:
I mean Ingram only started off as the worst player in the league thru December. If that was Dlo...

I think DLo will become a good to very good point guard
Maybe have a chance to be an all star once or twice in his prime, but I don't think he will be someone like Harden or Westbrook of course

BI doe, reminds me a lot of Kawhi in his game, with already decent handles this early in his career
This guy could become a star in 3-4 years

The only player in the bottom 20 for offensive & defensive RPM? Brandon Ingram. Yet there's only one player discussed every page.

For the record I don't think Ingram is gunna be bad. He's playing a lot better recently. I just think where criticism is aimed is hilarious. Nobody wants to criticize the sleepy faced dude who looks like he never talks but are quick to jump on the flashy point guard who is playing significantly better. And then people will use the age excuse with BI but shoot it down when you say the same point for Dlo. It's just funny to me.

Last edited:
The only player in the bottom 20 for offensive & defensive RPM? Brandon Ingram. Yet there's only one player discussed every page.

For the record I don't think Ingram is gunna be bad. He's playing a lot better recently. I just think where criticism is aimed is hilarious. Nobody wants to criticize the sleepy faced dude who looks like he never talks but are quick to jump on the flashy point guard who is playing significantly better. And then people will use the age excuse with BI but shoot it down when you say the same point for Dlo. It's just funny to me.
learning on the fly (BI) vs 1.5yrs in the L (DLO) is a HUGE difference....agree or no?

IMO we don't need D Lo to be an all time great to be compete in the future.

We need to stop comparing a 20 year old PG halfway through his 2nd season to players who are doing things we've never seen before.

Just let them grow...

All of our young guys have shown improvements and have been progressing since we've had them.

I mean Ingram only started off as the worst player in the league thru December. If that was Dlo...

I've heard this before and I have to disagree.

BI has shown skills in many facets of the game. He has the tools.

Handles. Check
Defense. Check
3 point range. Check
Post moves. Check
Passing. Check
Smart playing. check
Under control. Check
ability to drive to basket and finish at the rim over bigger defenders. Check
Ability to draw fouls. Check

The only things he needs to develop is a consistent 3 point shot and gain weight.

He is the real deal

Last edited:
What do you mean 3 point range? He's shooting 28.0% from 3. TWENTY EIGHT PERCENT.

I'll just disagree with your assessments cuz you can say the same thing for any player. He has skills but he has a long way to go.

Last edited:
It's not whether or not D'Lo will become a star

It's whether or not he can be come a viable contributor to the Lakers future and by every metric, eyetest, everything has suggested he absolutely can be. He's been pretty good for a 21 year old in basically his rookie season playing a controlled amount of minutes

It's crazy to me how quickly some want to move on from him. He's in his first real season man and has obviously shown promise

Really my biggest complaint of the team is the team defense, we are below average on the perimeter and we have little to no rim protection in the interior
Our management paid big money to Mozgov and Deng to remedy such problems, and they haven't done much on that end of the court

What do you mean 3 point range? He's shooting 28.0% from 3. TWENTY EIGHT PERCENT.

I'll just disagree with your assessments cuz you can say the same thing for any player. He has skills but he has a long way to go.
It took Kawhi 3 seasons to become a good shooter. I think BI will be just fine as long as he keeps working on his game.

Back
Top Bottom