**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

And the final thing to put this to rest

Russell is ranked 16th among PGs in Offensive RPM, DRose is 36th

And while Russell is slumping on D, ranked 40th in Defensive RPM, DRose is ranked 73rd.

And again, DRose is a 28 year old veteran playing with a star, and a future star

So can anyone here say that DLo plays more aggressively and plays with more energy than Derrick Rose?
Derrick Rose plays with more energy on offense

But oh boy....on defense, the guy is terrible on defense. Like washed Kobe defense level. If you think DLo is bad on D, wait til you see Rose :lol:

It's not like Russell is an asset on defense either. Both are liabilities. Rose's offensive abilities alone are enough and the fact he's all energy and he's a threat instantly makes him a better choice over DLo.
:lol: Rose is hot garbage on defense

Big difference

When he was on the floor against the Sixers, the Knicks were outscored by 21 points. That's just terribad.

Same thing can be said about DLo tonight. When Russell was on the floor, the Lakers were outscored by 36 points, with a 35-year old Tony AARParker running circles around DLo for 3 quarters and then to make matters worse, San Antonio's bench warmers (Kyle Anderson) toying with DLo even more in the 4th as DLo displayed no interest in being on the floor. That's worse than "terribad." That **** was flat out horrendiculous :lol:
Spurs are better than the Sixers
It's still bad I can agree to that
But DLo is a better defender than DRose overall and from what has been seen this season
DLo's DRPM is -0.63 while Rose is a -2.22
I would rather have DLo on defense

Currently, Derrick Rose is a better volume scorer than DLo

But he's pretty much worse at 3 point shooting, defending, rebounding, and passing

I think it evens out.

Granted MVP Rose was way better than DLo.
Assists and rebounds, both of their averages are almost identical.

But here's where DRose is above DLo. Rose shoots 45% from the field and 86% from the stripe. DLo is at 40% FGs and 77% FTs.

DRose's shooting percentages alone would boost the Lakers' offensive output because 1) Rose gets to the foul line more often, 2) Rose is a much better penetrator and can attack a defense, and 3) Rose can still command an occasional double team 
He gets to the line 1/2 a time more... By the way, with Russell takes a FT every 8.84minutes, Rose takes a FT every 8.86 minutes.

You seem to miss the spot where Russell shoots 35% from 3, and Rose shoots 25% from 3

So when Russell takes 13.5 shots to get 15.4 points or 1.14 points per shot.

DRose's 15.6 shots for 17.5 points comes to 1.12 points per shot
Those numbers mean NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Like I said, YOU CAN'T TEACH EFFORT, ENERGY, and HUSTLE.

Tell me the last time a team doubled DLo?

Tell me the last time DLo attacked a defense at will?

But since you want to bring up the stats...you also missed the FACT Rose has 4 GAMES where he's had 8 or more assists. One of those games, he had 11 dimes. Has DLo matched that?? Nope. Dude has 1 GAME, 1 GAME with 8 assists. That's it 
laugh.gif

Bottom line: DRose is a better playmaker than DLo. 

Those numbers mean NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Like I said, YOU CAN'T TEACH EFFORT, ENERGY, and HUSTLE.

But since you want to bring up the stats...you also missed the FACT Rose has 4 GAMES where he's had 8 or more assists. One of those games, he had 11 dimes. Has DLo matched that?? Nope. Dude has 1 GAME, 1 GAME with 8 assists. That's it :lol:   

Better playmaker because he has 4 games of 8 plus assists...

Averages .3 less assists over the season

Last edited:

He ain't coming to LA, but I'd rather have Rose over DLo if I had to pick one of them to finish out the year.
The last thing we need is another washed up "name" PG
GP.....Chucky Atkins lol.....Nash.....Rose
Oh believe me, I agree with you. I don't want Rose and his $20 mil contract on this team. Ever.

And don't forget Derek Harper.

But when you compare both players individually, Rose makes more of an impact on a game than DLo does regardless of all the silly stats and elite vision BS Essential throws out of his wallet.

Last edited:
He ain't coming to LA, but I'd rather have Rose over DLo if I had to pick one of them to finish out the year.

The last thing we need is another washed up "name" PG
GP.....Chucky Atkins lol.....Nash.....Rose
Yeah D Rose can really only score at an inefficient rate
He wouldn't be an upgrade at all
MVP Rose was a different story though

But since you want to bring up the stats...you also missed the FACT Rose has 4 GAMES where he's had 8 or more assists. One of those games, he had 11 dimes. Has DLo matched that?? Nope. Dude has 1 GAME, 1 GAME with 8 assists. That's it 
laugh.gif

Better playmaker because he has 4 games of 8 plus assists...

Averages .3 less assists over the season
Blah blah blah blah...go apply for a statistics job with the Clippers and see if you can get an interview. I know people who work for the organization. 

Holla!

Another stat for you

WINS: "RPM Wins" provide an estimate of the number of wins each player has contributed to his team's win total on the season. RPM Wins include the player's Real Plus-Minus and his number of possessions played.

Russell at 2, ranked 18th among PGs

DRose at 0.35, ranked 45th among PGs

Blah blah blah blah...go apply for a statistics job with the Clippers and see if you can get an interview. I know people who work for the organization. 

Holla!

I mean if you have an in, why don't you apply?

You can tout your All-Tourney success a la Al Bundy, and your extensive Barber Shop Discussions.

Last edited:
Funny thing is that a lot of Knicks fans are hating on Derrick Rose whiplash style
Two most hated PGs in the league, DLo and DRose :lol:

Last edited:

Holla!
I mean if you have an in, why don't you apply?

You can tout your All-Tourney success a la Al Bundy, and your extensive Barber Shop Discussions.
Na bro, you have "Clippers Stat Guru" written all over you. That's all you brotha.

You can bring your iPhone to the interview and show them how to use Basketball Reference 
roll.gif

Another stat for you

WINS: "RPM Wins" provide an estimate of the number of wins each player has contributed to his team's win total on the season. RPM Wins include the player's Real Plus-Minus and his number of possessions played.

Russell at 2, ranked 18th among PGs

DRose at 0.35, ranked 45th among PGs
Facts don't matter here :lol:

On a serious note, the Lakers have lots of problems. Non existent interior defense, a struggling offense at times since we really only got one person who can facilitate the offense, and inconsistent effort by the team on both ends of the court. Basketball is a team game, and we aren't playing well as a team overall.
I hope Luke and the coaching staff can change this culture of losing ways soon.

Last edited:
I know this argument is frivolous by both parties, but I really think the Lakers will pursue Rose in the offseason :smh:

But those are 2 of the worst offensive PGs in the league

Rajon Rondo
Ricky Rubio
just to prove ya wrong

We already have enough shooters, rather see what a PG who's actually tryna run an offense looks like

Rubio is a terrible shooter but a really great distributor. Rondo pretty similar.

Also didn't say 2 worst, 2 of the worst. Meaning when you round up the bad offensive PGs, they are there.

And neither Smart or MCW can run an offense.

Finally, you can never have enough shooters. And we really don't have enough.

Last edited:
Rubio is just a younger version of Marcelo Huertas.

No reason the Lakers should give him a chance.

We need a really good back up PG that makes up for Dlo weaknesses
how do we pluck Ian Clarke out of Oakland?

We need a really good back up PG that makes up for Dlo weaknesses
how do we pluck Ian Clarke out of Oakland?
He's just a spot up shooter.

I could see the Lakers making a run at Jrue Holiday this summer. He's in his prime, can play PG/SG, can score from multiple places, defends well. But he's injury prone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom