**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What do you mean 3 point range? He's shooting 28.0% from 3. TWENTY EIGHT PERCENT.

I'll just disagree with your assessments cuz you can say the same thing for any player. He has skills but he has a long way to go.

He's also a full year and a half younger than D'Lo.

Not really. Last year wasn't even real basketball. Byron Scott and Kobe clown show. I would say they're both learning on the fly.
ahh variables.....so something happens to a player during the year that can/willl affect his performance, and can justify how his play vs others are... gotcha

What do you mean 3 point range? He's shooting 28.0% from 3. TWENTY EIGHT PERCENT.

I'll just disagree with your assessments cuz you can say the same thing for any player. He has skills but he has a long way to go.

He has the range. He's had games with multiple 3s. Look at Kawhi's 3-pt shooting in college and rookie season. That's something that can be worked on.

BI has had numerous facial dunks and tip dunks where he's showed athleticism and fearlessness. His vision and footwork is way above average.

Again, to me, he just needs to gain weight and get better at the 3 ball. He's a star in the making.

Naw you don't get better in the NBA remember. He's not gunna get better at 22. There's no magical growth from 19 to 23 according to this thread so idk what you're talking about.

the list of players who came into the league and developed an outside shot in their first few years is very long. That shouldn't concern anyone that a 19 year old is shooting 28% from 3.

BI has multiple time crossed over defenders 30 feet from the bucket, blew by them and dunked on someone in the paint. When you see something like that, then a beautiful drop step or fadeaway in the post, and a couple blocks and steals on D......you should be very thrilled at how the future looks.

I'm just using the same logic y'all use for Dlo for Ingram.

D'Lo will be 23 in 2 years. Brandon won't be until 4 even though they were drafted a year apart. Younger players have more room for growth. And even at his physical limitations right now BI has shown more from a skills standpoint. The production will come and is starting to already.

Last edited:
D'Lo will be 23 in 2 years. Brandon won't be until 4 even though they were drafted a year apart. Younger players have more room for growth. And even at his physical limitations right now BI has shown more from a skills standpoint. The production will come and is starting to already.

Dlo will be 22 in 2 years. A year and a half really isn't that much difference and Dlo is significantly better basketball player today and will be for the remainder of their careers.

Dlo will be 22 in 2 years. A year and a half really isn't that much difference and Dlo is significantly better basketball player today and will be for the remainder of their careers.

He turns 21 next month. February 2019 he'll be 23. Brandon will still be 21. It is a significant difference. And we just disagree, even scouts are agreeing that BI has the most potential out of the kids.

I didn't see Russ either. The Harden x Steph thing was def all over and just as ridiculous.

He was never compared to Westbrook. :lol:

A simple Google search will tell you otherwise (I can drop links if you want me to). Around draft time dudes think ceiling and get to writing,
Bruh, I am all over the NBA draft and there was no way anyone credible compared D'Lo to Westbrook. :lol:

LIke I said, it was Harden, Curry, Ginobili that were the most popular comparisons.

Evidently, a lot of people don't remember Harden's 2 years at ASU & his first 3 years in OKC.

Also I still stand by Harden/Curry comparisons as Dlo's ceiling. Ppl conventiently forget that Harden spent 2 years in college & 3 years on the bench while Curry spent 3 years in college and was fighting over PT with Monta ******* Ellis in his first 2 years. Dlo is 2.5 years out of high school. If he's not on that level in 2.5 years I'll say i was wrong but until then I'm gunna enjoy watching him ball. Having your favorite player (other than Giannis) play for your favorite team is a blessing.

Never saw him compared to Westbrook once tho. Maybe his stats were compared to Russy but his style of play isn't similar in the slightest.

Last edited:
Ginobli makes the most sense given D'Lo's frame. Beard came in with 30 more pounds. That's a huge difference. I'd be fine if D'Lo is a lesser Manu, a really good 3rd option that can be a 2nd when needed.

young Emmanuel Ginobili was a beast. Relentlessly attacking the paint, dunking on guys, driving and kicking out to shooters. He was a high turnover player at that stage too, very reckless. Let's also not forget he essentially introduced the NBA to the euro step

I think DLo will turn out into something similar to Conley and Manu
Mamba MVP has been on point today

For some reason feel like DLo could be a Michael Redd type granted he prolly won't shoot that great

More Conley than Manu because of the athleticism but yea that's not a bad hybrid if he's able to get close to maximizing those components. And it's a much more tempered expectation than Harden x Steph. A poor man's version of that hybrid would still be a sure fired all star.

Last edited:
What's Ingram's comp if he doesn't progress to being an above average shooter?

I was thinking like a taller, less athletic Iguodala, which is hugely, hugely valuable.

But Ingram has more tools to work with than Dlo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom