**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Can't believe we're ******* tanking. What the ****. But if we do luck up on a top 4 pick that changes everything

Reactions: HIM
I'm off AD unless he's coming as a free agent. Him and Bron ain't doing **** to be quite frank.
What if you can still keep 1 of the young guys? You’d prob rather keep 2 huh

I feel it tho can’t gut the roster and have AD Bron and mercenaries

But Maginka seem desperate

Re: Luke. He's pretty much good at player development and that's it. I noticed this a long time ago. He has the kind of brain that's ok with each individual piece but he can't see the whole chessboard for nothing. When you watch his interviews that's all he talks about. We've been working with player a on doing more xyz, he did a better job of it this game. And that's really the only area you see progress in and it's usually kinda slow and one step forward one step back stuff. It's been like that with all the young guys. The article just confirms all that

Puke is a good, not great defensive coach too. Defense went in the tank with Lonzo's injury and the vets quitting.

Re: Luke. He's pretty much good at player development and that's it. I noticed this a long time ago. He has the kind of brain that's ok with each individual piece but he can't see the whole chessboard for nothing. When you watch his interviews that's all he talks about. We've been working with player a on doing more xyz, he did a better job of it this game. And that's really the only area you see progress in and it's usually kinda slow and one step forward one step back stuff. It's been like that with all the young guys. The article just confirms all that
Which article?

That long *** one with that breakdown?

Seems accurate tho

If by miracle we get #1 and Zion, trade him and whatever else for AD? Or keep the pick and build around more youth...? NO is gonna want more than the pick so I’m leaning towards keeping it and hopefully still have room to sign a tier 2 FA (if not a superstar)

Puke is a good, not great defensive coach too. Defense went in the tank with Lonzo's injury and the vets quitting.

My thing about that..to start the season our defense was trash until we got Tyson. And to end the season our defense is trash without Zo. If all it takes is one player to break your defense, I'm not sure how good your system is. And I think he emphasizes defense because it's mostly effort and technique, he's not an x and o coach whatsoever

What a terrible collapse this season. :smh:

I can't even watch other games w/o thinking about this team. It's like tryna chill with another girl but you keep thinking about the one you want but she trippin right now. :smh:

If by miracle we get #1 and Zion, trade him and whatever else for AD? Or keep the pick and build around more youth...? NO is gonna want more than the pick so I’m leaning towards keeping it and hopefully still have room to sign a tier 2 FA (if not a superstar)

You get Zion you keep him and you build.

Try to trade Bron to NY or something but I would keep Zion and build with the kids.

I'm looking at it this way, we saw how fractured the locker room became after the failed trade this year. Now the likelihood of the Pels trading AD under any circumstances to us is slim to none just off of pettiness. So if for some reason we engage them again and it's made public in any semblance like it was in February and the deal doesn't go down; you've now created that environment going into a new season. It'll be a worst disaster than this one.

The leaks from both sides of that trade was BAD man.

Maginka didn’t handle that well I think they overplayed their hand and NOP baited then to do so.

Not sure if NOP will even trade him here but for sure if they do re engage keep it lowkey. I think Kyrie is gone so no way Tatum is offered so that can help. Also the lakers pick will also help. But yeah at this point unless the trade isn’t something more down to earth for AD I’d rather wait for him to sign as a FA.

I would think any trade will revolve around BI tho. BI , hart + two picks maybe? But idk man lol BI a soldier he balled thru the mess

I'm looking at it this way, we saw how fractured the locker room became after the failed trade this year. Now the likelihood of the Pels trading AD under any circumstances to us is slim to none just off of pettiness. So if for some reason we engage them again and it's made public in any semblance like it was in February and the deal doesn't go down; you've now created that environment going into a new season. It'll be a worst disaster than this one.

Actually, you’re right. I’m not dealing with NO on anything, much less a superstar player. Too much bad blood.

You get Zion you keep him and you build.

Try to trade Bron to NY or something but I would keep Zion and build with the kids.

At what point can we stop rebuilding? Will BI/kuz/Zo/Zion be enough in the short term? I’m tired of waiting lol.

pressure to win next year going to be even heavier than this year.....

if young guys thought this year was tough :sick:

If there’s another perennial all star and KD is off GSW that pressure is def gonna be there lol

Dunno about all the way a chip but for sure at least 2nd rd.

If we get the #1 pick we better flip that **** so fast... Ima go on record and say Zion is gon be trash at the nba level. He’s dominating college based on shear athleticism alone.

But he ain’t gon do that at the nba level. No shot. No playmaking ability. No ball handling ability. He’s not that tall. He’s going to gain even more weight which can potentially sap his explosiveness. He’s basically a short swole Julius Randle with hops

Reactions: God
If we get the #1 pick we better flip that **** so fast... Ima go on record and say Zion is gon be trash at the nba level. He’s dominating college based on shear athleticism alone.

But he ain’t gon do that at the nba level. No shot. No playmaking ability. No ball handling ability. He’s not that tall. He’s going to gain even more weight which can potentially sap his explosiveness. He’s basically a short swole Julius Randle with hops
Rather have Barrett personally.

LeBron dominated the nba on shear athleticism if we get a chance @ Zion we better keep him

Look I Love BI but if it's Him, Kuz & the Pick for AD i'm with it, I wasn't about trading literally all our young pieces but AD is that good, He doesn't get us to a ring with Just him & Bron but he's a legit Franchise player & he's only 26... Keep Zo, Keep Hart, & use the remaining cap space to build around them, (preferably younger guys 2-3 yr contracts).

Outside of AD tho there's not too many players realistically available that i'm willing to give BI up for.

If we not gonna trade for AD, we gonna be in a hell of a predicament if we decide to go the one year contract route again, Unless it's like a 1+1 for a dude like Boogie. chemistry is already slippery, another year of new faces & guys worried about their next contract is dangerous for chemistry.

If we could get Randle back for 15-17 a year I'm all the way with that.

Back
Top Bottom