**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

with how desperate maginka seems they might try to secure AD.
AD is injury prone but yeah he's def a franchise cornerstone and he's still young.. so when LeWashed alleviates his thunderstorm from LA you guys will still have AD in the midst of his prime..
But BI... is finally starting to tap into that potential and he's what 22? That's tough

In terms of picks.. Barrett is cool but he's kinda the same mold as BI and Kuz already.. Why not the shooter in reddish?
They even run plays for Reddish in the clutch right? At least from the few games I've seen when it's close

I'd be much more willing to part with some of the young guys if Bron wasn't in his washed state. He's likely not even going to be a top 5 player in the world after this season, we know AD has had his issues being the number 1 guy. Even in a KD less West there are still obstacles to get over that I'm not sure a declining Bron and AD can overcome. That's a lot to think about throwing away (a 5-10 year window if you keep the kids and add AD as a free agent vs a 1 or maybe 2 year window where you have to win the chip).

redkqrg4fxk21.jpg

I'd be much more willing to part with some of the young guys if Bron wasn't in his washed state. He's likely not even going to be a top 5 player in the world after this season, we know AD has had his issues being the number 1 guy. Even in a KD less West there are still obstacles to get over that I'm not sure a declining Bron and AD can overcome. That's a lot to think about throwing away (a 5-10 year window if you keep the kids and add AD as a free agent vs a 1 or maybe 2 year window where you have to win the chip).
yeah lots of variables
say you still keep Kuz or Zo or someone then when Bron dips you'd still have young zo/kuz and AD who will bel ike 28/29? but true the window does diminish a lot
would have to retain 2/3 somehow or just wait for AD to come as a FA

if they get AD via trade it's gonna take a solid player C to anyways to really move the needle. lol damn summer is gonna be crazy

me too. But watch everyone try to trade him the first 3 seasons. SHEESH
Dudes don't get any time yet know they are one and done.
You are delusional they are still going to have that clown in top 5. I think perhaps another year like this and he will drop. You right Bron to washed to be giving up players for AD.

When we strike out on everyone this summer, we will have ZERO choice but to trade everyone for AD

We ain’t doing this again next year. (By that I mean LeBron plus the young boys). Not saying it’s right. But it’s what will happen

I truly think the backlash from the fanbase will be greater if we do give up the farm for AD than if we stand pat. Especially with the fans turning on Bron already and questioning his motivations for being here. If dude ain't got basketball as the main priority then why are we mortgaging our future?

I truly think the backlash from the fanbase will be greater if we do give up the farm for AD than if we stand pat. Especially with the fans turning on Bron already and questioning his motivations for being here. If dude ain't got basketball as the main priority then why are we mortgaging our future?

You’re giving the average dumb fan too much credit. Majority happy we have LeFraud and legit think it’s the supporting cast who sucks

In all Honesty if we're trading two of our young guys for AD instead of literally every young piece we have, we are not mortgaging our future. We would Grab AD, be able to still sign some younger players in FA & after this season it's two more years of Lebron... def not a lock to win a championship but having AD and still having other young talent around him isn't nearly as costly.

You’re giving the average dumb fan too much credit. Majority happy we have LeFraud and legit think it’s the supporting cast who sucks

I don't think so the heart beat of our fanbase cares, not the bandwagonners or the Bron stans that came over, hell even the long time celebrities aren't rocking with him. I think it'll get even uglier really quickly.

Everything changes with one simple move......

If Paul George waits and signs with Bron, everything changes. Randle stays. Lopez likely gets the min or the room or whatever and he stays.

Lopez/Zubac
Randle/Kuzma/Wagner
Bron/Ingram
George/Hart/Svi
Ball/???

Everything would be different right now. :frown:

Everything changes with one simple move......

If Paul George waits and signs with Bron, everything changes. Randle stays. Lopez likely gets the min or the room or whatever and he stays.

Lopez/Zubac
Randle/Kuzma/Wagner
Bron/Ingram
George/Hart/Svi
Ball/???

Everything would be different right now. :frown:

This is All Good except for the fact that Randle didn't really want to stay here IMO, he asked that we renounce his rights & make him an UFA & he still took a one year deal elsewhere, i'm would assume L.A offered him something similar but it didn't work out.

I'm not a Lebron guy by any means, but it's a bit of a reach to say he's washed. I just think he could adapt his game a lot better as the athleticism starts to wane. It ain't hard to tell that his arsenal isn't as deep as those that came before him.

I'm not a Lebron guy by any means, but it's a bit of a reach to say he's washed. I just think he could adapt his game a lot better as the athleticism starts to wane. It ain't hard to tell that his arsenal isn't as deep as those that came before him.

Washed in the sense of being the best player in the league or even good enough to carry a team with talent to the playoffs. Yea he's putting up numbers but he's always going to put up numbers by virtue of him being the system of every team he's been on, the impact just isn't there anymore.

Washed in the sense of being the best player in the league or even good enough to carry a team with talent to the playoffs. Yea he's putting up numbers but he's always going to put up numbers by virtue of him being the system of every team he's been on, the impact just isn't there anymore.
Oh without a doubt though, if we're being honest, the playoffs seemed like a lock before that injury and the trade talk. Lakers got too greedy. A chip wasn't happening this year regardless, perhaps they lost sight of that.

Oh without a doubt though, if we're being honest, the playoffs seemed like a lock before that injury and the trade talk. Lakers got too greedy. A chip wasn't happening this year regardless, perhaps they lost sight of that.

The injury and trade talk were a result of him finally being mortal though. And for him to come back and say he's going to activate and nothing happen, that's alarming going forward.

Back
Top Bottom