**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The young guys aint resigning with us unless we make a big move to show them we believe in them which means firing magic or trading bron.. youngins are pissed off...don't blame them

zo def still likes bron lol
Kuz i can't tell. they seem to be beefing but he's posted how legendary bron was yesterday lol

i dont think if they beefed that much they would post IG congrats for him
i know i wouldnt post **** for someone i aint **** with lol

BI aint post **** tho :lol:

I can see ingram signing closer to home or east coast...trade lebron while he has value lol Knicks would do it for their pick

You're hilarious

Honestly, wasn't tellin jokes. That GSW team didn't have Durant then, so they weren't the ridiculous world beaters they are now. He was using guys like Barnes, Ezeli etc. Younger, fresher, hungrier for certain, raced the league to the 73 wins and all that, all before they added a top shelf guy like KD.

Everyone in here is so focused on rotations and what not, well, his must have been working back then, right? So when you have actual talent, all those sub patterns don't mean anything now do they?

I've said it before, I know he's gone, I'm not worried about it, we're getting Lue and that'll be that, but all the guys that were so eager to get rid of MDA now want to get rid of yet another coach, and MDA havin pretty damn good success now without us, and had he not lost CP3, he would have beat GSW WITH Durant, but hey, we don't factor those things in for coaches, only when it fits our program, right? I know, I know, MDA sucks too, blah blah blah. I know the automated responses you all have.

C CP1708 if Luke was so great why didn't he bring that system over here? Because he has no system. I dare you to break down his offensive game plan. You're literally the only person on the whole internet who thinks Luke is a good coach and it's only because you backed yourself into a corner with the whole 'the next guy might be worse' but you wanted Byron out and now you're stuck pretending Luke is any better.

MDA was asked to prove himself in the last year of his contract and he quit just like he did in new York and Phoenix. Still hasn't won anything. Let it go. Great coaches have championships, not excuses

Last edited:
MDA coulda won without CP0 but his fatal coaching flaw, lack of making in game adjustments when his system isn't working reared it's ugly head.

GS won 67 games the season before and a championship, Puke did not take over some rag tag bunch and coach them up.

C CP1708 if Luke was so great why didn't he bring that system over here? Because he has no system. I dare you to break down his offensive game plan.

MDA was asked to prove himself in the last year of his contract and he quit just like he did in new York and Phoenix. Still hasn't won anything. Let it go. Great coaches have championships, not excuses

He TRIED to bring that offensive game plan to these young guys, then they signed Bron, and that gameplan is GONE. (Minus Bron trying to be like Steph and shooting lots of step back 3's off the dribble)

We did improve as a team last year, right? Even after giving away DLo (in our attempt to chase Bron)

And now this year he has lost Randle, Zu, Brook, in the name of Rondo, Javale and Lance.......I mean, come on man. How you blamin the coach for this?

So Jerry Sloan isn't a great coach then? I didn't realize you had to have a title to be a "great" coach. So Doc, and Spo, and Ty Lue are great coaches. Ok, I feel better about Ty Lue now. Sweet.

Phil, Pop, and Red and Riles are legendary coaches.
Spo, Doc, Carlise, Ty are great coaches.
Sloan, MDA, Adleman are good coaches.
Puke and Byron are bad coaches.

There's levels to this **** and he's at the bottom rung.

He TRIED to bring that offensive game plan to these young guys, then they signed Bron, and that gameplan is GONE.

Prove it. He never had a system besides running all day. Why would having LeBron stop you from running a real offense? There's a mountain of evidence against you but your confirmation bias won't let you read it.

https://www.bball-index.com/luke-walton-lame-duck/

Luke Walton didn’t bring the scheme we were hoping he would from the Warriors

I also want to note that the scheme issues I’ll share today aren’t new this season or suddenly popped up when LeBron was added to the team. These have been consistent every year under Jesse Mermuys. Only a handful of plays at the start of the season, giving LA little chance to be strong offensively. Then a slow morph into an incredibly rudimentary offense that high school and college coaches all over the country would shake their heads at. Every year.

Go head and argue with that. If you're not going to reference anything in that article there's nothing else to talk about. I don't wanna hear your anecdotes when the facts are right there and they confirm everything we've been saying about Luke

Last edited:
Put a system in place
Was able to make adjustments
Managed egos

The 3 major things all great coaches have
for sure. they made adjustments during that 2016 series and that won them the game for sure.

LukeTankTransformerTW.gif

DqEIn-8XQAANx3X.jpg

Secure the tank Puke like your darker skinned predecessor and maybe you'll save some face on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom