**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

**** getting traction in the NBA thread and that **** was written last year right after Bron signed :lol:
As they like to say on the forum Magic is pulling receipts, making sure ya'll know that MOFO was a go on all the signings.
There’s no denying that Lebron hasn’t been Miami Bron... but I think this hate needs to be placed directly on Magic Johnson.

He’s the one who put this ****ty team together... and got rid of our best young talent.
I am confused with the excuses or narrative that because LeBron isn't use to this type of team that he should get less blame. If you call yourself the GOAT shouldn't you be able to adapt your game to fit the personnel around you.
Bron going to LA was prob the reality check he needed :lol:
Are you expecting a close version of Miami Bron next season, obviously within reason factoring in father time.

This has always bothered me if Luke knows he is on borrowed time, why not get in LeBron *** for some of his poor play recently? What are they going to do fire you?
8 bodies? Just sign Melo now. Ain’t no one else want him so why he being picky.
Melo actually doesn't want to play unless we are making the playoffs for sure. They are on hold from both sides.

qmegnuwp0ik21.jpg

fvrwwc3mifk21.jpg

This has always bothered me if Luke knows he is on borrowed time, why not get in LeBron *** for some of his poor play recently? What are they going to do fire you?

I’d love to see Luke go rogue like that and criticize Lebron. But that probably wouldn’t help him land another job and pissing off the increasingly powerful Klutch group wouldn’t be wise​

I mean depending on the standings after a "week" does it make more sense to just shut Kuzma down for the season.

I am fine with him not being the best player and playing reduced mins. Playing enough mins that he is effective on BOTH ends of the floor, for example if you need to play 25 mins a game to play defense and score then fine. Because playing 40 mins and playing Harden defense does nothing for the team.
I get what you’re saying, I agree that I’d like to see more engagement defensively from Lebron on a nightly basis. But at the same time a few things...

1) he’s coasted on defense for years, maybe not every game or every possession but this isn’t some new phenomenon
2) I know the Lakers aren’t good but normally Lebron’s defense the most flagrant against bottom of the league teams like Phx, Memphis, etc. He actually looked good defensively vs the Bucks and Giannis for example
3) He hasn’t looked the same since coming back from injury, possible that has something to do with it.
4) I know he’s 34 with hella miles on his, so realistically the days of him being a lockdown guy on the perimeter are over. However I’d like to see Lebron be more willing to defend bigger players when we go to our small lineups. No way Kuz should be guarding centers full time when LBJ is in the game.

Highlights of the season:

Punching Chris Paul
Zo taking Jamal Murray’s cookies
Kuzma 41 pts in 3 quarters
Xmas Day game
Winning in Boston at the buzzer

That’s it and that’s all folks. I could give a damn about Lebron’s Instagram milestones.

Wrap it up

Damn Kuzma scores 41 in 3 quarter and we putting him on the trading block? :emoji_thinking: Nahhhhh lol. He gon go somewhere else and drop 81 :lol: #keepkuz

0.jpg
We were riding high that game now look how far we have fallen.

I know WE see it, but curious if the young core has realized that yet.

I am appreciating your new found objectivity it is refreshing to see from you. :rofl: We don't like your boy but we would have been happy if he won something here.

I’m a Bron guy but gotta keep it a buck bro lol

Whoever they get in the off-season has to move the metric a little on defense, 3-point shooting, free throw %, and turnovers. Lakers play straight up ugly basketball.

Highlights of the season:

Punching Chris Paul
Zo taking Jamal Murray’s cookies
Kuzma 41 pts in 3 quarters
Xmas Day game
Winning in Boston at the buzzer

That’s it and that’s all folks. I could give a damn about Lebron’s Instagram milestones.

Wrap it up

Zo and Bron getting that triple double in the same game was nice too

it was a good game tho lolol

game 1 vs portland was pretty lit too cuz of the bron back-to-back dunks lol

Back
Top Bottom