**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Check my post right here and here slime

Considering his ankle and lack of mobility this drill is fine.

But if healthy, expecting this drill to improve his finishing at the rim is wrong. Zo will likely rarely use this in an game setting. It’s more translatable to centers who stay under the rim and don’t exert much lateral and vertical velocity. Even then it’s not ideal. Zo as a guard will be penetrating with speed and leaping.. that means the angles will be drastically different. The speed the ball will have will be different. The way it will carom off the glass. Etc.

There’s much better drills to teach finishing tbh

Yeah all I was saying is that he's hurt and can't do much more than stationary Mikan right now.

If healthy, he obviously wouldn't be doing that, but you laid it up like they're being foolish or something, and that wasn't what was going on at all.

As far as the trainer video... I'm not familiar with that particular trainer but we're in the age of scammer trainers--- and by that I mean, a lot of these dudes have guys out here doing silly **** and calling it useful.

I get the point of the falling video...an attempt to simulate finishing while falling. But if we're being honest and actually trying to simulate game scenarios, practicing jumping over something fixed-height like those mats isn't doing a whole lot because it's not accounting for outstretched arms of a defender or body contact.

Kyrie didn't become one of the best finishers at the rim in the game by falling over some mats. There's more practical ways to approach it.

Not trying to get into a back n forth, and your points are valid, but I'm just saying...

Yeah all I was saying is that he's hurt and can't do much more than stationary Mikan right now.

If healthy, he obviously wouldn't be doing that, but you laid it up like they're being foolish or something, and that wasn't what was going on at all.

As far as the trainer video... I'm not familiar with that particular trainer but we're in the age of scammer trainers--- and by that I mean, a lot of these dudes have guys out here doing silly **** and calling it useful.

I get the point of the falling video...an attempt to simulate finishing while falling. But if we're being honest and actually trying to simulate game scenarios, practicing jumping over something fixed-height like those mats isn't doing a whole lot because it's not accounting for outstretched arms of a defender or body contact.

Kyrie didn't become one of the best finishers at the rim in the game by falling over some mats. There's more practical ways to approach it.

Not trying to get into a back n forth, and your points are valid, but I'm just saying...
I was mostly being facetious lol. Like I said any chance I got to flame the team ima do it :lol: considering the circumstances Zo doing anything on the court is a positive.

But in regards to that trainer. He trained oladipo two summers ago and Ingram this past summer. There’s a few videos on his channel working with Ingram and he was a guest on the LFR podcast and he touches on the things I said.

Obviously there isn’t one exact right way to do everything. Every player is different. I just agree with simulating in game plays, being data driven, and focusing on biomechanics. Just because you can drive doesn’t mean you can drive an F1 car. Practicing how to drive on the freeway will do little to help you on the track

Mikan is great but when you’re an advanced player like these nba dudes it’s really not improving much at this stage

Tank watch: Wolves win, Grizzlies win. Gotta lose out to be honest.

Reactions: DLF
9j50sh1cpek21.jpg

Trade kuz????? What have I missed?? Wtf Has he been THAT BAD?
Ever since going to the 5 he’s been pretty bad

But I think it’s not people want to trade him over these stretch of games but moreso if you were to lose any of the young 3 it would be him

Is trading Lebron even remotely possible? Need Rob to find a bible story about an over the hill nba superstar who alienated his teammates and can’t lead a team to the 8th seed

Is trading Lebron even remotely possible? Need Rob to find a bible story about an over the hill nba superstar who alienated his teammates and can’t lead a team to the 8th seed
U don’t trade players like Bron
just put up with his shenanigans and smile

So crazy how the anti-Lebron-coming-to-LA camp from last summer was spot on

Damn near everything they predicted actually happened. From the age/injury to LeGM to his teammates hating him to coach killer...

Amazing

I read really hoping to be proven wrong man. I even tried to him a chance but he showed his tie colors less than a month into the season. I knew we were ******. A tiger doesn't change his stripes in year 16. I had misplaced faith in Magic cause he should have been a big enough personality and figure to not let him come in and run amok but he to was a blind witness.

AD and Kyrie will save his legacy
I do want Kyrie to come run it back

They know how to play with each other and maybe they’ll have a new found chemistry and love for each other since all the beef lol

I still think he goes to NY but he could def pull an audible lol

I do want Kyrie to come run it back

They know how to play with each other and maybe they’ll have a new found chemistry and love for each other since all the beef lol

I still think he goes to NY but he could def pull an audible lol
He only goes to NY if KD coming with him

So crazy how the anti-Lebron-coming-to-LA camp from last summer was spot on

Damn near everything they predicted actually happened. From the age/injury to LeGM to his teammates hating him to coach killer...

Amazing

It was kinda easy to see man. LA amplifies anything x 100. There was no way dude was gonna come over here and dominate. I did think we would make the playoffs tho. But I knew minute we started losing, RIP.

Ever since going to the 5 he’s been pretty bad

But I think it’s not people want to trade him over these stretch of games but moreso if you were to lose any of the young 3 it would be him

Damn thats crazy, a few months ago he was untouchable.

It was kinda easy to see man. LA amplifies anything x 100. There was no way dude was gonna come over here and dominate. I did think we would make the playoffs tho. But I knew minute we started losing, RIP.

Damn thats crazy, a few months ago he was untouchable.
Bonafide bucket getter but outside that not much else
His defensive IQ is bad lol he always in bad positioning and jumpy

Back
Top Bottom