**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

yeah that's def a really good drill lol
kyrie got all them sexy *** backboard kiss layups cuz of this
he learned all the angles and english

but part of his growth has been directly triggered from him moving on and having to grow up faster. who's to say he'd be the guy we regret moving if he stayed. quite a few of us wanted him gone and thought he was a bust when he was here. fast forward 2 yrs later and we're like...damn..we goofed.

I agree. I said it a while back in here I think something is up with out coaching staff...like people don’t develop here for some reason

you dont hoop. those are called Mikan drills, named after George Mikan. Kyrie said he used to do them every single day growing up, learning his spots.

They had us doing that since grade school. Teaches you how to use the glass at different angles with both hands.

you dont hoop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BODIED

Personally would prefer he work on his free throws but I am fine as long as he is working on some part of his game. That is my gripe just work man focus on your craft, stop worrying so much about the outside influences. They will be their and they will always come and go.

:smh::sick:

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

you dont hoop. those are called Mikan drills, named after George Mikan. Kyrie said he used to do them every single day growing up, learning his spots.

They had us doing that since grade school. Teaches you how to use the glass at different angles with both hands.

you dont hoop.
Nah b. That drill is outdated. Just cause a drill is done it doesn’t make it effective.

Reason being is you’ll never be standstill. Which means your horizontal and vertical velocity will always affect the way the ball bounces off the glass. This really doesn’t translate to the game unless you are legit standing still. Angles are very dynamic when you are playing at full speed. This is kids practice you do for the youth

Go follow new age skills coaches like Micah Lancaster. They discuss this

Nah b. That drill is outdated. Just cause a drill is done it doesn’t make it effective.

Reason being is you’ll never be standstill. Which means your horizontal and vertical velocity will always affect the way the ball bounces off the glass. This really doesn’t translate to the game unless you are legit standing still. Angles are very dynamic when you are playing at full speed. This is kids practice you do for the youth

Go follow new age skills coaches like Micah Lancaster. They discuss this

I like this post. IllI check him him out.

I like this post. IllI check him him out.
Yeah he talks a lot about how simulating real game actions is more important than basics. He wants players to be uncomfortable. Same thing with shooting. He wants you to practice being unbalanced because in the game it is rare you’ll have time to set, be balanced, and shoot. It’s a new age school of thought

But with that being said.. if we consider context then the Mikan Drill for Lonzo isn’t bad. He’s extremely limited rn. It’s not like he would be able to do something like this:

Dude got no ankles rn so this is about all he can do anyways.. I was jus flaming the team for the sake of flaming lmao

speaking of doc i've been hearing some folks say that he's a candidate to replace luke.. how?
isn't he on contract with clips? they saying he'll bounce on them? :lol:

you dont hoop.
This.

I hated thes mf’ers too. Had my neck sore af after

Windhorst reporting on my team...smh

I hate Lefraud.

Gotta deal with his nonsense and his fake lackey reporter.

you dont hoop.

Does he hoop?

Back
Top Bottom