**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

NY can get them all

KD
Kyrie
AD via trade

Can’t front would be dope the see them
back in the playoffs

Is trading Lebron even remotely possible? Need Rob to find a bible story about an over the hill nba superstar who alienated his teammates and can’t lead a team to the 8th seed

Only scenario I can see is if somehow the Knicks come up empty handed on the free agent market they have the space to take on his contract. He can go there and still not have to worry about basketball and the fanbase won't eat him alive.

We don't owe him **** to be honest. He has no cache with the fanbase.

Seriously if they trade the young guys I'm done with this franchise. There's no reason to do it anymore. Bron can't impact winning like that anymore. **** him and his timeline, our number 1 priority has to be development of BI, Kuz and Zo.

Agreed. I’m tired of this “chasing a star” stuff though. Just build a quality team who plays well together. That superteam crap and signing guys to 1 year deals year in year out is getting old.

I seen on Twitter flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers had a comment that echoed real well on that matter.

Trade kuz????? What have I missed?? Wtf Has he been THAT BAD?
Ya. What people don’t get is that he gets paid like 1.8 mill a year. Unless u getting back something great, u hold onto him even if he is a off the bench 14 points a game guy

FD6756AF-E2F0-434D-8900-73960F08F626.jpeg

He’s spot on. That obsessing with a star crap is corny. Rather than chase stars by luring them to LA because of off the court opportunities, build a team worth a damn that top talent will want to come to to win championships. The Knicks have MSG, the biggest market in the country, the luster of winning a title for the Knicks and being immortalized in NYC sports wise. They’ve been trash forever and no title since 1973. A big market don’t guarantee nothing. The Spurs won 5 in little San Antonio because they’re a damn well ran basketball organization.

Lebron came strictly for off the court venture reasons. Put that Lakers roster player for player in Houston, Philly or wherever and he’s not going there.

Lonzo got early curry ankles?? How bad is his sprain? WTH.

Grade 3 sprain means ligament damage + bone bruise. Lakers training staff has been notoriously bad at giving aggressive timelines. Typical timeline is 8-10 weeks for that injury, not the 4-6 they said.

He should just sit out now that the tank is back on.

Wow. I had no idea. I never knew how bad the injury was. Grade 3? He's cooked for a minute. He damn near ruptured his ****.

No Point in bringing Zo back

Season is over

Normally I’d agree. But as much time as he’s missed his first two seasons. He needs to be on that court playing and developing and showing he can stay healthy.

Id be happy if he could show some type of spark these last few weeks of the season.

Couple days later, gave it some more thought and while it's really hard to be positive with the way the season has turned out I'm going to my best to try....

We knew going into this year that the rebuild wasn't going to happen overnight.
I feel pretty confident that if we weren't hit hard with so many injuries that we'd be in the playoffs.
I believe the young core have each started to figure out how to have a positive impact on games. Lonzo on the defensive end, and BI & Kuz offensively.
Luke isn't a good offensive coach, so hopefully the team can only improve in that area with someone new calling the plays next season.
The front office did change their approach to surrounding Lebron w/ play-makers to emphasizing shooting at the trade deadline so at least their willing to admit their mistakes.
Speaking of Lebron, he may not be the "best player in the world" any longer but he can still be pretty damn good when he wants to be, gotta see that more often.
By the end of the season we've definitely seen why no one else really wanted these 1 year rental place holders...let's not do that again, please.

Not sure if I feel that confident about the second star coming this off-season, but I think this team would look a lot better if we surrounded this current core w/ complementary role players. I'd almost rather do that than chasing an all star just to say that we signed one.

637DC795-36BD-41D6-8732-D99DAF9F73BF.png

This thread :rofl:

I missed y’all LOL I know it’s a burning house in here man...when I heard bron was coming here I knew this was going to happen, I haven’t watched 5 full games this season...can’t stomach the LABron Lakers
Watched about 15-20 games from start to finish, which sucks being on the east coast. However I wanted to see what the guy who says he is better than Kobe is going to do in the west. Ok you do your thing in the east, lets see night after night in the varsity league. This season strictly off this season he looked like he should have stayed with JV and perhaps rode the varsity bench at times. Yes he had some good games, but I expected him to run the table. He the GOAT?
I never expected playoffs. Now next year if we don't make it that's a big problem.

If they aren't in the western conference finals next year then it was a failure on my part. They should have made the playoffs this year.

Last edited:

So up to a week really means 5 weeks right? Lmao

I mean depending on the standings after a "week" does it make more sense to just shut Kuzma down for the season.
Speaking of Lebron, he may not be the "best player in the world" any longer but he can still be pretty damn good when he wants to be, gotta see that more often.
By the end of the season we've definitely seen why no one else really wanted these 1 year rental place holders...let's not do that again, please.

Not sure if I feel that confident about the second star coming this off-season, but I think this team would look a lot better if we surrounded this current core w/ complementary role players. I'd almost rather do that than chasing an all star just to say that we signed one.
I am fine with him not being the best player and playing reduced mins. Playing enough mins that he is effective on BOTH ends of the floor, for example if you need to play 25 mins a game to play defense and score then fine. Because playing 40 mins and playing Harden defense does nothing for the team.

I would of liked to see where the LebronZo progress would of been at this point if both had stayed healthy and in Brons case, motivated.
0.jpg
We were riding high that game now look how far we have fallen.
And bron really just playing to pass Jordan, just came out he ain’t sitting no matter if we make it or. It :///
I know WE see it, but curious if the young core has realized that yet.
To keep it a buck

Bron overestimated himself and underestimated everything about the LA move lol

The fan base, the slander, the coaching, the players, Magic :lol:

LeMiscalculated

Magic hopefully finds some shooting but...
At this point I think he might go for AD and it might cost them Ingram which I would rather keep BI
I am appreciating your new found objectivity it is refreshing to see from you. :rofl: We don't like your boy but we would have been happy if he won something here.

Back
Top Bottom