**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol Zubac talks a lot for a guy that puts up 8 pts and 8 reb since getting to the Clippers.

NiceWhoppingBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Haven't check in with this thread in a while...

Not really into the blame game thing, rather look forward and see how we can right the ship (Not that I have any faith in current front office...)

So with that said, a few things....

1) We should never, ever under any circumstances sign any player to a 1 year contract. Time to start some continuity on the roster, even if it means signing guys to multi-year reasonable contracts that can easily be moved in the future if needed.
2) Going into the off-season we need a guard who can shoot/score, an athletic center who can rebound and block shots, and bench depth. In a perfect world we could just wait until 2020 and sign AD but that definitely isn't going to happen. I mean it could, but that would mean punting on another season with LBJ so not a realistic option.
3) Ingram, Lebron, Kuz...do they really fit together? Offensively I guess you can kind of get creative here but defensively it's going to be a nightmare. Kuz has never been great on that end, Lebron is only going to get worse, and Ingram chasing smaller 2 guards around the perimeter just seems like a waste.

Can't afford to give out multi year deals if we wanna get AD in 2020. Hopefully we'll be able to get some better guys this summer.

Ingram been pretty good defensively imo.
Zo usually the one chasing most guards around tho so there's that.

Kuz was bad on defense but now that he's playing 5 it's been magnified and I think that's been affecting his offense too.

Honestly, I doubt it. Kareem gets a lot of work still, especially in writing. I think he has a whole book series he writes about Sherlock Holmes' son or something like that too
I'm not trying to diss him, but I find it difficult to believe he would sell ALL of these personal items and not need the money.

Didn't he have a major health issue some years ago? That probably put major dent in his finances.

I'm not trying to diss him, but I find it difficult to believe he would sell ALL of these personal items and not need the money.

Didn't he have a major health issue some years ago? That probably put major dent in his finances.
He said he was doing it for his foundation to put kids through school. Dude is Kareem so he can make bank doing appearances and signings. You’d be surprised how some athletes aren’t attached to material things like rings, like the average fan is. Dude is 70 too. I think he’s more concerned about changing lives than keeping rings stored away in some safe.

Back
Top Bottom