**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We got a guy who hasn't missed a shot all night...and he hasn't taken a shot in 4 min.

We gotta get the ball in Young's hands.

LMAO..."pieces around them?" Wrong.

The significant addition(s) I speak of will be THE piece(s). The rest of the guys, whether its DLo, Randle, Russell, B.I. will merely be role players. 

Once again, blasphemy...since you actually believe DLo and Randle are someone to build around as if they're franchise centerpieces. LMAO

Now let's see you answer my question Mr. Stat Guy: Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?
None.

But we still don't know what he have on our hands.

I know what you believe.

Not everyone here believes the same.
Yes, we still don't know. But as Charles said, none of them are "special players." For the most part, you know right away when someone is going to be a legit star in this league and has the talent and skill to hopefully lead your team to multiple titles.  

What we have with this young core are a bunch of solid role players. And that's my point. 

The Lakers need to acquire a centerpiece. It's the ONLY way to give them a fighting chance at going deep into the playoffs.

We can be patient as fans and be happy that they're growing. But until we acquire one or two All-Stars, there is nothing for me to get excited about.

[

LMAO..."pieces around them?" Wrong.

The significant addition(s) I speak of will be THE piece(s). The rest of the guys, whether its DLo, Randle, Russell, B.I. will merely be role players. 

Once again, blasphemy...since you actually believe DLo is someone to build around. LMAO

Now let's see you answer my question Mr. Stat Guy: Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?
Pieces around them can be a star.... Nobody said it couldn't... KD is a piece put around Steph / Klay / Draymond...

The piece, a piece around.. Same damn difference..

Where you don't get the point, likely due to lack of reading comprehension... But that All Tourney trophy should keep you warm at night.... Is that a lack of patience will provide the SAME result as waiting in terms of years you need to wait

Not a single one of Russell, Randle, Brandon Ingram can be all stars? Not a single one of them?
Ok, now you're reaching. To the point where you sound even more ridiculous.

FYI...KD is not a "piece around Steph/Klay/Green." Why? Because he is the best player on that team. It's called a Big Four. Lol

A "piece" is someone like Livingston, or a past-his-prime Igoudala who no longer looks to score, or a J.R. Smith, or a Tristan Thompson. Or Kurt Rambis and A.C. Green. Aka, role players.

It's YOU my friend who doesn't get the point.

Last edited:
Yes, we still don't know. But as Charles said, none of them are "special players." For the most part, you know right away when someone is going to be a legit star in this league and has the talent and skill to hopefully lead your team to multiple titles.  

What we have with this young core are a bunch of solid role players. And that's my point. 

The Lakers need to acquire a centerpiece. It's the ONLY way to give them a fighting chance at going deep into the playoffs.

We can be patient as fans and be happy that they're growing. But until we acquire one or two All-Stars, there is nothing for me to get excited about.
Cool. That's you bro. Not everyone else. You can't put your will into other thoughts and preferences lol.
We get all your views since you been in here bro. You state them over n over. We get it lmao.
But seriously we get it lol.

Cool. That's you bro. Not everyone else. You can't put your will into other thoughts and preferences lol.
We get all your views since you been in here bro. You state them over n over. We get it lmao.
But seriously we get it lol.
At least he didn't mention cousins this time

Once again, if you trade the players you have now for that franchise player, what do you now put around that player?

With the new CBA guys aren't really leaving unless the team doesn't either want them or they can't sign them due to the cap.

And Charles Barkely swore the Warriors couldn't win a championship. His words don't hold much weight with me.

What the heck do these Lakers do at practice? What do they talk about when going over game film?

I honestly think the players on this team are a bunch of clueless bozos who have little to no intelligence whatsoever save for maybe 2 or 3 players.

Wow.

Pretty much to get a special player like Cousins... It will cost Russell & Randle (AT LEAST)... And because a team would try to maximize return, they will ask for Lou Williams as well and flip him for a first.

Your current core would be Clarkson, Ingram, Deng, Cousins..... With Nance & Mozgov off the bench.

You would have the money for 1 MORE max player... That's if you get rid of Nick Young & Tarik Black.... Or find a sucker for Deng taking back a long term deal that cost less, but is a worse player.

So Clarkson, Ingram, Heyward & Cousins..... Deng, Nance Jr. & Mozgov off the bench...

You know what that is... A team that will take a few years to compete anyway. Because they will not beat the Warriors and still would lose to the Clippers

Last edited:
Momentum has just gone to the Mavs...now they can't miss and our defensive intensity is gone. 21-5 to close the qtr...smh

Pretty much to get a special player like Cousins... It will cost Russell & Randle... And because a team would try to maximize return, they will ask for Lou Williams as well and flip him for a first.

Your current core would be Clarkson, Ingram, Deng, Cousins..... With Nance & Mozgov off the bench.

You would have the money for 1 MORE max player... That's if you get rid of Nick Young & Tarik Black.... Or find a sucker for Deng taking back a long term deal that cost less, but is a worse player.

So Ingram, Heyward & Cousins..... Clarkson, Deng, Nance Jr. & Mozgov off the bench...

You know what that is... A team that will take a few years to compete anyway.

And what are we now?

A team that will take a few years to compete anyway...

Back
Top Bottom