**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Cut it out lol... the lead ballooned to 11 after our run with D'Angelo on the bench.

DLo had a solid 8,9 mins with Deron Williams over defending. He should take adv of that

They were horrible to end the 1st, and as I said they cam out looking great in the 2nd...

For JC & Lou to work though, it requires specific type of play from the 2 of them.

Randle can not guard the pick and roll to save his life.

Nobody can... But he's particularly bad.. His strong suit is on ball and crashing the boards... But the switching on pick & roll is annoying... Leads to us being out of position if team can half way swing the ball..

Most likely, as long as he gets consistent minutes and he doesn't suffer a major injury. And I think Luke has given him a vote of supreme confidence by playing/trusting him at the point.

What I like about Ingram (and what I've seen from him thus far) is that, to borrow the baseball term, he's a 5-tool player. He can play multiple positions and his versatility allows him to be a potential mismatch. He just has to put on some weight and get stronger while learning the speed of the game. Once he does this, he'll be a bonafide contributor.

In addition, I like that he seems humble, he's not flashy whatsoever, he seems to have solid fundamentals and makes good plays when he's out there on the court. Not to mention I've seen flashes of aggressiveness and assertiveness on the court, which tells me he has some fire in him as well as a sense of fearlessness. When I see him get mad and frustrated on the court when he makes mistakes and misses shots he's supposed to make, it shows he's got that competitive zeal.

I like your whole break down. I agree with everything you say. A co-worker of mine talked and complimented Ingram at the Culver City mall weeks back. He was very respectful and moved with my co-workers comment. He also said that he is soooo skinny in person. What I like about Ingram alot is the way he moves and his court vision. He just needs to connect his shots more. It could be a mental thing since I feel that he thinks too much but who knows. I have faith.

It'll be interesting to see if BI becomes a Greek Freak type PG and Dlo moved to SG next season

They shouldn't do it full time...

Now should they go to it on occasion? Yes.

Russell needs the ball in his hand, and is at his best when he controls the offense.... His methodical play will become a strength as he continues to learn what he can and can't do, and when he should and shouldn't do something

Last edited:
When Dlo crossed up DWill, I'd like to see him elevate and extend to finish rather than try to draw the foul with the harden move

That used to frustrate the hell out of me when D Fish would always drive to the hole trying to get fouled rather than score

Ingram needs to workout with Kobe the entire summer. What he lacks in strength and weight can be offset by footwork. Same thing that happens when old players lose their speed and athleticism.
Except for Ingram it's reverse. He can use his footwork skills until he starts to put on muscle.
This will be the only way he will be competitive offensively until his body grows. He has the frame and skills to kill all defenders with excellent footwork and ball position.

Go to Mamba school Ingram!

Ingram needs to workout with Kobe the entire summer. What he lacks in strength and weight can be offset by footwork. Same thing that happens when old players lose their speed and athleticism.
Except for Ingram it's reverse. He can use his footwork skills until he starts to put on muscle.
This will be the only way he will be competitive offensively until his body grows. He has the frame and skills to kill all defenders with excellent footwork and ball position.

Go to Mamba school Ingram!

You're right.

But except not with Kobe..

Strength and weight will be added in time... Can't and shouldn't do it so quick. Something you have to learn how to play with.. Especially considering he has to put on like 40 pounds. That's a couple year thing.

Last edited:
Salary cap versus non salary cap sports.

They are entirely different.

I feel like I should write a long post on why trading for a star (or at least the only one who we could possible get) would provide the same results as letting the young kids grow and putting pieces around them.
Doesn't matter, salary cap or no salary cap a team needs DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Where have you been dawg, you ever played sports?

You need superstars to win titles. Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?   Try to answer, bring some numbers, some stats from basketball reference, I'll wait. Lol

And go ahead and write another essay. I'll make sure to read the first sentence. It's amazing how you actually believe that this young team will grow and develop into something special and that the same team 4 years from now will be the one to win it all without any significant additions. Blasphemy.

You're right.

But except not with Kobe.. I don't think Kobe really will work with many guys, especially for anything more than a once or twice thing.

Strength and weight will be added in time... Can't and shouldn't do it so quick. Something you have to learn how to play with.. Especially considering he has to put on like 40 pounds. That's a couple year thing.
That's exactly why I said he should work with Kobe on his footwork and having certain moves on spots on the court until he gets his strength and weight....lol

Cuz all that boy got right now is a line drive to the basketball and before he takes 2 steps he's getting knocked off his path like a ping pong ball :lol:

I feel like I should write a long post on why trading for a star (or at least the only one who we could possible get) would provide the same results as letting the young kids grow and putting pieces around them.

Doesn't matter, salary cap or no salary cap a team needs DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Where have you been dawg, you ever played sports?

You need superstars to win titles. Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?  Try to answer, bring some numbers, some stats from basketball reference, I'll wait. Lol

And go ahead and write another essay. I'll make sure to read the first sentence. It's amazing how you actually believe that this young team will grow and develop into something special and that the same team 4 years from now will be the one to win it all without any significant additions. Blasphemy.

Have you ever learned reading comprehension?

Last edited:

Most likely, as long as he gets consistent minutes and he doesn't suffer a major injury. And I think Luke has given him a vote of supreme confidence by playing/trusting him at the point.

What I like about Ingram (and what I've seen from him thus far) is that, to borrow the baseball term, he's a 5-tool player. He can play multiple positions and his versatility allows him to be a potential mismatch. He just has to put on some weight and get stronger while learning the speed of the game. Once he does this, he'll be a bonafide contributor.

In addition, I like that he seems humble, he's not flashy whatsoever, he seems to have solid fundamentals and makes good plays when he's out there on the court. Not to mention I've seen flashes of aggressiveness and assertiveness on the court, which tells me he has some fire in him as well as a sense of fearlessness. When I see him get mad and frustrated on the court when he makes mistakes and misses shots he's supposed to make, it shows he's got that competitive zeal.
I like your whole break down. I agree with everything you say. A co-worker of mine talked and complimented Ingram at the Culver City mall weeks back. He was very respectful and moved with my co-workers comment. He also said that he is soooo skinny in person. What I like about Ingram alot is the way he moves and his court vision. He just needs to connect his shots more. It could be a mental thing since I feel that he thinks too much but who knows. I have faith.
Completely agree with the court vision. He has a solid floor game and can see things as they develop. In due time, he'll begin to see things BEFORE they develop. 

Not worried about him missing shots. The shots will come eventually. The key is to continue attacking and being aggressive. Like that one night when he shot 3-for-18 or something like that, he didn't stop shooting. I like seeing that from him. 

When Dlo crossed up DWill, I'd like to see him elevate and extend to finish rather than try to draw the foul with the harden move

That used to frustrate the hell out of me when D Fish would always drive to the hole trying to get fouled rather than score
Very solid observation. I had the same pet peeve with Fish. Because Fish couldn't really jump, he'd always try to make contact first as opposed to looking to score.

DLo, at 6'5", should easily be able to finish around the rim. But those chicken legs though...

You need superstars to win titles. Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?   Try to answer, bring some numbers, some stats from basketball reference, I'll wait. Lol

Have you ever learned reading comprehension?
LMAO..."pieces around them?" Wrong.

The significant addition(s) I speak of will be THE piece(s). The rest of the guys, whether its DLo, Randle, Russell, B.I. will merely be role players. 

Once again, blasphemy...since you actually believe DLo and Randle are players to build around as if they're franchise centerpieces. LMAO

Now let's see you answer my question Mr. Stat Guy: Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?

Last edited:
Please Randle...you play like a bully on the offensive end. Please do the same on the defensive end!

Last edited:
For what it's worth, Barkley said at halftime "none of the lakers are special players that you need to win in this league. They're just good players "

But obviously they're not finished products

The significant addition(s) I speak of will be THE piece(s). The rest of the guys, whether its DLo, Randle, Russell, B.I. will merely be role players. 

Once again, blasphemy...since you actually believe DLo and Randle are someone to build around as if they're franchise centerpieces. LMAO

Now let's see you answer my question Mr. Stat Guy: Name the last time an NBA team, or better yet how many times an NBA team, won a title without one or two All-Stars?

None.

But we still don't know what he have on our hands.

I know what you believe.

Not everyone here believes the same.

[

Once again, blasphemy...since you actually believe DLo is someone to build around. LMAO

Pieces around them can be a star.... Nobody said it couldn't... KD is a piece put around Steph / Klay / Draymond...

The piece, a piece around.. Same damn difference..

Where you don't get the point, likely due to lack of reading comprehension... But that All Tourney trophy should keep you warm at night.... Is that a lack of patience will provide the SAME result as waiting in terms of years you need to wait

Not a single one of Russell, Randle, Brandon Ingram can be all stars? Not a single one of them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom