**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I think KCP is a better shooter than KCP.
SPIDERMAN.jpg

:lol: just messing with you fam

^He was trash in the playoffs with Houston
That’s a small sample size

Ariza should be reinvigorated coming back to La and playing for a playoff team. He provides length defensively, good instincts, and can help mentor the younger guys. He’s an upgrade over KCP for his defense alone. If he can hit his career %s offensively id be very pleased with the acquisition.

ariza > KCP

no matter what stats your looking at.

wouldn't mind sliding ariza into the starting lineup and having BI run that second unit w/ rondo but

we shall see

Just when KCP is starting to heat up, I like Trevor but after last year's WCF got me doubting him. This is a lateral move to me at best.

Reactions: DLF
Yea not much of a difference, Only thing i can think is that they are more worried about our defense against Larger Wings as opposed to guards & Ariza certainly helps that more. With Lonzo, Hart & Ingram we have quite a few bodies to throw on guards... Against wings we have Bron, Kuz & Lance i guess. Ariza wouldn't hurt.

Al i know is we BETTER not unload Svi as a throw in

Doubt he’s a laker honestly.
Feels like Suns leaked the Lakers offer to get better offers.

Whoever dumb*** leaked this so far ahead of Dec 15 probably F’ed this up for the Lakers. Suns gonna get backlash like “why you helping the Lakers......James Jones colluding with Lebron blah blah”, and they’ll back off and find another trade partner

Sure, replacing Kcp with ariza will lead to a 3 to 5 percent improvement (defense, length, experience)...but LA is in no position to scoff at a 3-5% improvement. In the west, 2-4 wins may mean difference between 4th seed and 9th seed come April. I say do it if it’s ONLY Kcp for ariza. But of course, we coulda just signed ariza and brook lopez instead of Kcp and Beasley but I digress.

But of course, we coulda just signed ariza and brook lopez instead of Kcp and Beasley but I digress.

I’m assuming you advocated for signing Lebron. Many of us knew signing Lebron would also mean signing players that him and his agency want. And that’s what happened.

i feel like KCP can bring in the same value as ariza in the open market. he's younger, much more productive (per 36) and can be an active defender if he wants to and he's a 1 year rental.

the lakers should have no problem finding a third team if KCP is part of the package. i can see Indiana trading for him too, as Dipo's temporary replacement.

man, KCP is starting to hit his stride too.

Suns definitely leaked the trade info out, almost a week before any of those players can be traded and they are probably trying to drive up the price for Ariza

Back
Top Bottom