**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What if James Jones asked if he can use Ariza to Lakers to drive up his price as payback for helping us get chandler

LOL at Randle, Brook and KCP being brought up......ya'll wanted Lebron, didn't you know he comes with the power to dictate personnel?? "give my client KCP a fat deal......sign my boy Beas and vets like Lance and Rondo....". this was all discussed with Magic at Lebron's house before he agreed to sign.......

Zubac was available all year and he hasn’t given us ****. Would much rather have cousins than him LOL

But Randle did want to stay. The Lakers weren't going to give him the primary role he desired.
And they treated him like **** all year. Lol. ******* idiots.

Remember how proud Magic was to have signed lance and Beasley. These guys gonna surprise a lot of people he said. It’s true I guess, they are worse than I thought so that was the surprise.

Bruh we got Lebron, if we have to say bye to Randle so be it. No way we could have had both given they play same position and Randle has no outside game

They could've given Randle $9-10M using the money that was spent on Beasley, Lance, slice a couple million from KCP.* But it's easier swallowing less on a new team than on the incumbent team. I suspect Lopez was in the same boat too.

Something to monitor the rest of the season is when the Lakers struggle with these stretch fives that Randle could keep up with. McGee and Chandler are going to struggle with these types.

*With LeBron's permission. :lol:

Unless your Mintz, randle, magic or Rob, I don’t get how you would know what he wanted $ wise & what he wanted his role to he
You don't go from this:

Randle went into this summer as a restricted free agent and figured it was only a matter of time before solidifying a new deal with Los Angeles. But it never happened.

In fact, the team informed him that his role would probably be diminished even more going into the next season with four-time MVP LeBron James joining the squad.

He knew it was time to move on. But that didn’t make the reality any easier to accept.

“What he went through with the Lakers was hard for him. He wanted to play great there. He wanted to be a Laker,” Payne said. “It took a while for him to accept that things just weren’t going to work out and there was nothing he could do about it.”
https://theathletic.com/497756/2018...ed-in-new-orleans-after-hard-learned-lessons/

To suddenly not wanting to return unless money and role was factored in.

The Lakers want max cap space for next summer tho. The Lakers could only offer 1 year. The pelicans offered the same 1 year deal with an option in case of injury, something the Lakers couldn’t or wouldn’t do.

Like if they miss on KD next year then I understand complaining about it but if the Lakers were only offering 1 year and Randle didn’t want that, why are we mad at either party?

it's just not the lakers. the fact that randle did not receive a huge 1 year deal or a long term contract is really baffling to me. dallas and indiana all skipped offering him a decent contract too.

i think randle carried the tag of buyer beware. his decision to get in amazing shape during contract year, left a sour note on most GM's minds.

ive moved on from randle. we got lebron with a max slot for next year. we also have a boatload of rookie scale contracts should we decide to roll the dice and try to win it all next year. life is good as a laker fan right now.

Back
Top Bottom