**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’ll be sad when Julius is gone. He’ll be an18/10 guy somewhere, never a stretch 4 but a valuable player. These be the breaks when we chase big names in free agency

Last edited:
I kinda want Randle back. I honestly would like to keep the young guys together and just add one free agent.

I really don’t see Lebron coming. But if you can get boogie and pg, I guess you have to do it.

But we are so far away from that.

Just want to see Zo and Ingram continue to develop.

We've played a top 5 hardest schedule in the league so far and have been in pretty much every game. Our own mistakes (turnovers & missed free throws) have prevented us from pulling several games out. We'll be fine. The defense is still really good.

Last edited:
We've played a top 5 hardest schedule in the league so far and have been in pretty much every game. Our own mistakes (turnovers & missed free throws) have prevented us from pulling several games out. We'll be fine. The defense is still realy good.
exactly

We've played a top 5 hardest schedule in the league so far and have been in pretty much every game. Our own mistakes (turnovers & missed free throws) have prevented us from pulling several games out. We'll be fine. The defense is still really good.
i agree we are playing well. its just that the suns started out so BAD that I forgot they went on a little run of wins. Love our team. We could'a had better record but as long as we play hard, thats all that matters

I kinda want Randle back. I honestly would like to keep the young guys together and just add one free agent.

I really don’t see Lebron coming. But if you can get boogie and pg, I guess you have to do it.

That's the struggle I have. I don't want to bring in old man Lebron, and I honestly don't feel good about bringing in Boogie, but if you can bring in Boogie AND PG......I mean, we kinda....HAVE TO, right? We can't really tell them, naw, no thanks.

Zo
TBD/Clarkson
Ingram
George/Kuzma
Boogie/Nance

We'd need another two guard because Clarkson can't start with that unit. Then backup PG and SF.

Wouldn't be much in 2018, but if Zo/Ingram/Kuz continue to progress, we could be fun in 2020 and beyond, maybe start to attract another star or two (who won't demand max money since we'd be limited by then)

I really don't see all star caliber players coming here tbh. It's all about super teams these days. smh

I do. We're going to be one of the few teams with lots of cap space next summer and we'll have a young core of players that stars will be excited to play with.

Bogut gotta go, no need for him. Rather give a young stretch 4 a chance, he had some good games with the Knicks
then kuzminskas is not that guy
hes 28 years old

you want to bring in another 4 ?
what do you do when nance comes back ?
id much rather have bogut on the bench

You guys read what Magic said about Zo's jumpshot
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/magic-johnson-lakers-not-gonna-mess-lonzo-ball-shot/409140
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/magic-johnson-lakers-not-gonna-mess-lonzo-ball-shot/409140

“He’s been shooting that way his whole life, so what we wanted to do is just let him play his game, let him shoot the way he has been shooting and hopefully it will go in.” said Johnson. “We’re not gonna mess with it. We’re gonna let him play his game. If after the season he’s not shooting well, then we’ll sit down with him and say, ‘Hey, let’s maybe look at a different way’ or ‘Let’s try to improve the way you are shooting.'”

“But we don’t wanna mess with his shot,” Johnson stressed. “He’s proven that he’s knocked that shot down and we want to encourage him to keep shooting.”

I like the positive words and I like that they're not downing him for missing but I do think that they need to overhaul his jumpshot. If you don't change his shooting mechanics then you'll just have to accept having a starting point guard who can never shoot coming off the pick-and-roll and has to step back in order to shoot threes. It's not just that shots aren't going in, his current mechanics are a liability. There are just some things that his shot won't let him do.

I just read an article saying they have been working on his shot but just his balance. That's what the problem looks like to me, his feet more than anything

Those of you that are for bringing in Boogie, whether that's the only big-name guy we bring in or if he is brought in with a PG or whatever... just, if you support bringing in Boogie... you really think he's going to listen to Luke? Like you really think that? I'm not saying he won't when I ask that.

I'm definitely implying that I have reservations.

Back
Top Bottom