**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

'I'm not with it,' or 'I'm not with it to chase Lebby'?

Well..... At one point (this was an insider "rumor") There was talk about Bron, PG, Boogie, AND John Wall coming to LA.

For that? Sure, cut him loose.

Now, Wall got extended, so he's out, Bron will be in his 16th and beyond seasons, so not much there.....

So, PG + Boogie? Eh.

I would have PREFERRED (this is just me) we draft Zo + Kuzma, keep DLo and then sign just PG.

Zo 20+
DLo 22+
Ingram 21+
PG 29+
Mozgov

Clarkson 25+
Kuzma 23+
Randle 23+
Nance 24+
Zubac 21+

Deng + Brewer as the filler parts. Certainly try to flip/cut/amnesty any of those 3 to add and upgrade wherever. (Whoever might want to join PG + the stockpile of young talent)

Roll with that for a year or two, try to sign Randle or DLo to an early extension to maybe get a discount then when the kids are ready, make that run + have our future picks back in our control. 19-20-21 etc, could start to flip those with expiring and be truly ready sort of like the '96 window busting wide open. That still took time, but the foundation began in 93-94-95 adding Nick, Eddie, Cedric etc.

We did all this losing, all this tanking, so we could draft Randle (and let him go), draft DLo (and let him go) possibly flip Clarkson, then potentially add Lopez (to let him go) and KCP (to let him go)..........We're running in place at this point.

If we land 33+ year old Bron, year 16-17, what's our window, 2 years? MAYBE. While Golden State still has far better team, depth, younger......I mean, what is the point to chasing him, media attention?

Zo will be good. We know that. But in a potential Bron 2 year stay, Zo will be 20-21, and he can't shoot for **** yet. He'll improve, but not enough to be a difference make in 2018-19. Christ, Bron kicked out to Love and Kyrie and couldn't beat GS last yr, he kickin out to Ingram + Ball does what, exactly? :lol:

We should have paced ourselves and rebuilt a true, full, foundation while GS rules for 2-3 years. Then made their leap. Magic tryna jump ahead, right in the middle of the GS era. With an old dude and a guy that snapped his leg like a chopstick 2 years ago. And 2 raw kids that can't drink legally yet.

*Shrugs* Hopin for the best tho. Maybe Magic will surprise me. When he's not busy at Dodger games or getting us fined for tampering.

that's your son??

images

We did all this losing, all this tanking, so we could draft Randle (and let him go), draft DLo (and let him go) possibly flip Clarkson, then potentially add Lopez (to let him go) and KCP (to let him go)..........We're running in place at this point.
Yeesh.

38620.jpg

tenor.gif

The Lakers spent their off day in Milwaukee on Friday going through an optional workout and then team bonding at an Escape Room. Luke Walton said there were two teams that included a mix of players and staff. Walton said his team lost and that Brook Lopez was a genius at figuring out the puzzles and was excellent pairing with Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball on coming up with solutions. Luol Deng, who would love to escape his current inactive role with the Lakers, was on Walton's squad.

Idk about luke's feel for the game. Zo finally gets his jumper going and he pulls him right after a make... he's the one guy you don't do that to right now.

Back
Top Bottom